Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

FriedClams

Still extremely weird for any united fan to want city to win the league over Arsenal.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Last week was the problem. Yes it’s anfield but it ain’t “that” Liverpool. Being 2-0 up and cruising having Liverpool on the ropes and then coming away with the draw was where the title run messed up. You guys weren’t willing to hear it though.
We have an awful record against them and haven't won there since 2012. So in that context, I don't think it was a bad point. However, in hindsight and considering this result now, you're absolutely right. Pressure has gotten to us and we are folding. Our inexperience showing.

Witchking

Still extremely weird for any united fan to want city to win the league over Arsenal.
At this moment if city go out of the cl and the fa cup its city all the way for the title. But treble is a reality and have to choose arsenal to win the league to stop city from doing the treble.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
I don't want City to win it but at the same time I'll laugh at Arsenal considering how cocky they've been. It's schadenfreude!

Moreover, this Arse team has never quite felt like the real deal. I'm not sure they would even go to the latter stages of the Champions League.

Castia

I want Arsenal to win it especially with City going for a treble but this lot are fecking cringe as well, it’s hard not to take pleasure in watching them bottle it

So unlikable this lot

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Tbf they kept saying finishing top four despite being 8 points clear, would be a successful season and they will all be happy
They should be proud of where they've got to given the expectations for them this year were nothing more than a tough battle for top four and a cheeky cup, maximum. They have a cracking young squad and a manager who may be one cheesy motherfecker but has silenced his critics, who were writing him off as an over-promoted joke.

That said if they do let this slip it's in the history books as a title bottlejob with the likes of 'I'd love it...', Agueroooo and Slippy G.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mental for any United fan to prefer City winning the league and a potential treble. Arsenal are being true rivals of ours

arnie_ni

Then surely laugh at them even more for not being able to win stuff despite their competitive advantage and cheating?
It annoyed me when Liverpool won the league and i know it would if arsenal do. I feel nothing when city do. I also don't live in the city so that might be a major factor

Sviken

Of course Arsenal are going to bottle this. How fecking predictable.

AndyMUFC

This final stretch is the hardest part of winning a league and Arsenal are already being found wanting.

They’ve still got to play City, Newcastle, Chelsea and Brighton in consecutive games so you imagine more dropped points are coming as well.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I still think they may get something at City next week and if they do today’s result doesn’t change much.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
This final stretch is the hardest part of winning a league and Arsenal are already being found wanting.

They’ve still got to play City, Newcastle, Chelsea and Brighton in consecutive games so you imagine more dropped points are coming as well.
Easy 3 points

JustAGuest

I want Arsenal to win it especially with City going for a treble but this lot are fecking cringe as well, it’s hard not to take pleasure in watching them bottle it

So unlikable this lot
Exactly. I'll just enjoy what I can and ignore the other team. :D

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal

I think so, esp with Saliba, Tomi out. And Zinchenko out today so we played with 2 of our usual back 4. Tierney can't play the inverted role and Holding is a huge downgrade on Saliba.

FriedClams

It annoyed me when Liverpool won the league and i know it would if arsenal do. I feel nothing when city do. I also don't live in the city so that might be a major factor
My issue with it is city end up having to pay a fine. Maybe a suspension from CL or something. But if they aren’t stripped of titles (highly unlikely, regardless of how they paid players, those players still had to win games) then every PL they win puts them closer to us and they are not going away. Feck that, hope they get hammered in every competition they are in. People can understandably hate a lot of the cringe that comes from Arsenal and arteta, but the way they have gone about business is admirable.

Chief123

We have an awful record against them and haven't won there since 2012. So in that context, I don't think it was a bad point. However, in hindsight and considering this result now, you're absolutely right. Pressure has gotten to us and we are folding. Our inexperience showing.
If Arsenal were 2-0 down and came back to draw 2-2 last week, I would concede it was a good point even though probably not enough based on city’s form. However the context of which it happened was always going to be negative and damaging going forward. There’s no doubt Arsenal players had last week in their mind when they were 2-0 up and West Ham pulled one back. After West Ham scored the first, Arsenal went into their shell all game.

arnie_ni

My issue with it is city end up having to pay a fine. Maybe a suspension from CL or something. But if they aren’t stripped of titles (highly unlikely, regardless of how they paid players, those players still had to win games) then every PL they win puts them closer to us and they are not going away. Feck that, hope they get hammered in every competition they are in. People can understandably hate a lot of the cringe that comes from Arsenal and arteta, but the way they have gone about business is admirable.
I also understand that line of thinking as well and maybe my opinion will change if they get a weak ass punishment. Maybe if they actually win the treble I might actually feel something then, it might hit me and then I might change my opinion.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
If Arsenal were 2-0 down and came back to draw 2-2 last week, I would concede it was a good point even though probably not enough based on city’s form. However the context of which it happened was always going to be negative and damaging going forward. There’s no doubt Arsenal players had last week in their mind when they were 2-0 up and West Ham pulled one back. After West Ham scored the first, Arsenal went into their shell all game.
I agree, I think the pressures of the title race is getting to our players. Their inexperience in these moments is showing.

Guy Incognito

I still think they may get something at City next week and if they do today’s result doesn’t change much.
That wouldn't be surprising but then their record against City is so crap. You'd think something would have to give.

Then again, Brighton and Newcastle won't be easy games for them.

They need Saliba to return.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Bloody Arsenal!

Saliba needs to return ASAP. He was the glue.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Bloody Arsenal!

Saliba needs to return ASAP. He was the glue.
We also didn't have Zinchenko today, our style of play is dependent on him pushing up next to Partey. Tierney did OK but can't play the inverted role.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We also didn't have Zinchenko today, our style of play is dependent on him pushing up next to Partey. Tierney did OK but can't play the inverted role.
True, and he's been brilliant for you, but Saliba seems like your most important player from the outside. I think he's been the best CB in the league this season, and, well, Holding is a bit of a drop off in quality!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Then again Zinchenko's "defending" often creates chances and goals for the opponent.

Edwards6

Hilarious that they celebrated going out of Europe because they had bigger fish to fry and they'll have the advantage of playing 1 game a week, then they play like that vs West ham who played Thursday night :lol::lol::lol:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Looks like me and @TheReligion were on the money yet again when we said it was extremely short sighted of Arteta to play a half hearted side in the FA Cup on 27 Jan.

Robertd0803

The Liverpool result wasnt ideal and they were lucky to get away with a draw but its Anfield and you knew they would have a go at some point.

Todays result on the other hand was just a total bottle job.