Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I’ve seen a lot of copium from Arsenal fans in trying to take positives from the game but the truth is they messed it up. Liverpool were there for the taking and on the ropes. No Arsenal player will be thinking that ended up a great result. The problem they have is it’s just a straight horse race now between Arsenal and City rather than City needing favours. There’s only one team who’s favourites in that scenario and you can see the Arsenal players knew it.
We won't know if it's a good point or 2 points dropped until the end of the season. I don't think the Arsenal players came off that pitch looking deflated. Zinchenko looked gutted but that's because he knew he got done for the goal.
You've got to take positives from the game as a team and a fanbase, because theres still games to be played and plenty matches needing to win. Focus on the negatives won't do anyone any good mentally when your in a title race and still needing to go to The Etihad.

Chief123

Yeah, probably. I mean what kind of team gets a bad result at Anfield, eh?
The kind of team you support that has failed to win there in 11 years and failed to even get a point in 7 years before yesterday, eh?

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
The kind of team you support that has failed to win there in 11 years and failed to even get a point in 7 years before yesterday, eh?
The funny thing is, I was thinking of City when I wrote that as they're the team we're in a title race with. When the season ends, the point that we got at Anfield may be significant seeing as City lost there.

But I enjoyed your reaction nonetheless.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
I'd like to them to win and still feel their in the driver seat. They'll hope that City can beat Bayern, so they go into the semifinals and have those to games cramped in between the league games.

Chief123

The funny thing is, I was thinking of City when I wrote that as they're the team we're in a title race with. When the season ends, the point that we got at Anfield may be significant seeing as City lost there.

But I enjoyed your reaction nonetheless.
The funny thing is you didn’t realise your own team had a woeful record before you posted. I enjoyed wiping the smugness.

You continue to prove my original point. Copium.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
The funny thing is you didn’t realise your own team had a woeful record before you posted. I enjoyed wiping the smugness.

You continue to prove my original point. Copium.
I'm not sure where you've got that from. Arsenal have a crap record in recent times at Anfield - that's common knowledge. In fact everybody struggles at Anfield - that's my entire point.

There was no smugness to wipe. Unless you count stating 'I didn't find drawing away to Liverpool as all that soul-crushing' as smugness. I would have thought that thinking my team doesn't have a god-given right to win every game is actually the opposite of smug, if anything.

But I'm glad I helped brighten your day.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
I'm not sure where you've got that from. Arsenal have a crap record in recent times at Anfield - that's common knowledge. In fact everybody struggles at Anfield - that's my entire point.
Exactly. The fact that we were even 2-0 up is better than most teams have done against them, and certainly miles better than we've performed against them there in recent times. Let's look at the results at Anfield this season for clubs that are currently ahead of Liverpool in the table:

Arsenal drew 2-2
City lost 1-0
Newcastle lost 2-1
Man Utd lost 7-0
Tottenham have yet to play there
Villa have yet to play there
Brighton drew 3-3

A point at Anfield is hard to come by, even with Liverpool having a poor season by their standards.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A point at Anfield is great but a point at Anfield when you know you still have to play City away, Newcastle away and Brighton is damaging. No need to sugarcoat it.
To be honest i think City will win it unless they manage to go through Bayern. Those 2 points dropped were our life insurance if we dropped a clanger against the kings of the shithousery up north. That assurance is gone and we now have to produce a miraculous run to win it.

lex talionis

A point at Anfield is great but a point at Anfield when you know you still have to play City away, Newcastle away and Brighton is damaging. No need to sugarcoat it.
To be honest i think City will win it unless they manage to go through Bayern. Those 2 points dropped were our life insurance if we dropped a clanger against the kings of the shithousery up north. That assurance is gone and we now have to produce a miraculous run to win it.
6 points with 9 games left to play is perfectly manageable for an experienced side like City. And at this rate, I don't see City conceding on goal difference.

If City are within 3 points or Arsenal by April 26, it's over.

FriedClams

6 points with 9 games left to play is perfectly manageable for an experienced side like City. And at this rate, I don't see City conceding on goal difference.

If City are within 3 points or Arsenal by April 26, it's over.
there will be more ups and downs that people expect. Who really saw Aston villa taking a 2 goal lead at the Etihad on the last day of the season last time.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
City will surely drop points and would be at a time when nobody would expect them to.

Chief123

It took longer than we thought but the bottle job everyone expected has landed.

Blown a two goal lead 2 weeks in a row now. They’ve shat the bed at the worst possible time.

Arsenal fans will tell us it’s a good point gained away from home again.

astracrazy

Blown a two goal lead 2 weeks in a row now. They’ve shat the bed at the worst possible time.

100%

Someone

Something
Was kinda hoping they wouldn't bottle it as the treble is looking more likely each day, but it was inevitable.

Edwards6

Thoughts are with the Arsenal fans that got so offended by suggestions there team might struggle with the pressure in the title race

ti vu

FFS. I am not here to laugh. Wish Arsenal could keep up better in the title race

That's being said this is definitely bottling job throwing away 2 goal lead again. Have like 80 minutes to play but let West Ham back into game.

RuudTom83

Pressure has been building for the last 2 games...it must be a nightmare to have City chasing you down.

The wheels are wobbling...and it will make the City match one of the biggest in Arsenal history.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
That's the title done.

I was waiting for this to happen, Arsenal gonna Arsenal. So frustrating

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The only pleasure I have left in this season is watching Arsenal bottling the title.

djembatheking

Arsenal are wobblin and City are probably relishing the chase.
What do Arsenal fans think, can the Gunners get their shit together?

Sylar

Tbf they kept saying finishing top four despite being 8 points clear, would be a successful season and they will all be happy

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Nah, this was an awful result. This wasn't Liverpool at Anfield. This was my worry with the team, young and inexperienced and it's showing now. Hopefully can get something from the Etihad.

Reactions: Fortitude

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
fecking the one time I’m on Arsenals side they appear to be cracking

Nero

Nah, this was an awful result. This wasn't Liverpool at Anfield. This was my worry with the team, young and inexperienced and it's showing now. Hopefully can get something from the Etihad.
Only something you'll be getting is a smashing. 4-0 I say.

Chief123

Last week was the problem. Yes it’s anfield but it ain’t “that” Liverpool. Being 2-0 up and cruising having Liverpool on the ropes and then coming away with the draw was where the title run messed up. You guys weren’t willing to hear it though.