Arsenal Mania: Brace Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
So is there anything happening on Arse-Mania or is this just Arsenal discussion? COS TWIGG STARTED A THREAD FOR THAT AND I THINK HED BE VERY DISAPPOINTED IF WE WERENT USING IT
We're all VERY HAPPY HAVING A MELTDOWN HERE THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I want Arsenal to make it just for the massive effect it will have on the coefficient, no English team will be going deep in Europe this season anyway.
Coefficient counts as equally in the EL as it does in the CL, I hope they get knocked out and then go reasonably deep in the EL to aid our bid to 4 CL spots.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Coefficient counts as equally in the EL as it does in the CL, I hope they get knocked out and then go reasonably deep in the EL to aid our bid to 4 CL spots.
The problem with our co-efficient in the EL this season (for English teams) is that our points are divided by the number of teams who qualified for the competition in the first place. So all of the points of the remaining teams are divided by the number of teams in plus West Ham and Southampton, which is a bit annoying.

SirAF

Ageist
What/how long would it take for the PL to lose that 4th CL spot?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Thing is that there is a very nice bonus that teams in the Cl get for making it pass the group stages, also Wenger has always put down the EL and so I doubt that he would take it seriously if they went into EL

GloryHunter07

Well?

He's a genius on the pitch, no doubt about it. I just hope he's smart enough to see there's no future at this club and leave Arsenal ASAP. It would be a shame and a crime if Mesut wasted his peak years at this club without major trophies.
Not sure if that is an Arsenal fan..

Just imagine, we still have to go to Britannia, Nou Camp, Anfield, Etihad, Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and Goodison Park

GloryHunter07

Arsène will never win the league again. I love him and all, but the man has completely lost the plot by moving 100 miles away from the philosophy that made him go an entire season unbeaten. We've got too many overhyped average players with weak mentality at the club, and as long as we persist with them we'll always come up short. Sad but true

GloryHunter07

Not a meltdown but Interesting:
We cannot handle agressive pressing, more to the point Flamini and Ramsey cannot handle agressive pressing. Cazorla gets his stick but you cant deny he is immaculate when pressed, he always wiggles out of tight spaces whilst the confidence he has in his left foot is a massive asset when pressed.

During the city game when De Brunye had that great chance he fluffed, it all came about when Flamini had the ball, he was pressed and didnt have the confidence to play between the lines, so he hesitated and knocked it to Ramsey who tried a classic Hollywood ball that City intercepted and broke on us. On another day De Bruyne would have scored that and it would have been a different game.

Koeman saw this tactical issue and pressed Flamini and Ramsey at will, whilst he took it one step futher and pressed Mert too. I would'nt be adverse to going for a player like Ki from Swansea as he is technically good in the ball and can build play from deep even when pressed agressivley.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I actually want them to win the league if not us. Shame they are rather inconsistent. Still time though.

Sereques

It amazing that despite the demise of United and Chelsea, with City in patches, Arsenal still struggle to get to and stay on Top. If SAF was still here, he will win the league by a landslide and they will all come out with talk of Referees afraid of SAF.

Hitchcocker

When was the last time Arsenal capitalised on opposition dropped points? Seems to happen so often. The moment one of the rivals drop points, Arsenal think the pressure's off and they'd already earn the win...only to lose miserably.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It amazing that despite the demise of United and Chelsea, with City in patches, Arsenal still struggle to get to and stay on Top. If SAF was still here, he will win the league by a landslide and they will all come out with talk of Referees afraid of SAF.
They unsurprisingly lost against Chelsea too this season. :lol:

Tyrion

It says a lot that in a season where all 3 of their rivals have either sacked their manager or are looking too, Arsenal still can't make themselves favourites.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
This must be the most commonly used phrase on here currently :lol:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not a meltdown but Interesting:We cannot handle agressive pressing, more to the point Flamini and Ramsey cannot handle agressive pressing. Cazorla gets his stick but you cant deny he is immaculate when pressed, he always wiggles out of tight spaces whilst the confidence he has in his left foot is a massive asset when pressed.

During the city game when De Brunye had that great chance he fluffed, it all came about when Flamini had the ball, he was pressed and didnt have the confidence to play between the lines, so he hesitated and knocked it to Ramsey who tried a classic Hollywood ball that City intercepted and broke on us. On another day De Bruyne would have scored that and it would have been a different game.

Koeman saw this tactical issue and pressed Flamini and Ramsey at will, whilst he took it one step futher and pressed Mert too. I would'nt be adverse to going for a player like Ki from Swansea as he is technically good in the ball and can build play from deep even when pressed agressivley.
The real reason De Bruyne had that chance on Monday was because Monreal had to gamble to meet Ramsey's diagonal and Walcott made no effort to hold the flank and let De Bruyne go. The same lack of defensive nous was clear when Chamberlain let Fonte have a clear run and header for the third goal yesterday. As for Ki, he is tidy enough but would just be Arteta-lite.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
@GlastonSpur , Arsenal Mania knows you :lol:

(about Dele Alli)
They know what's claimed I've said, not what I've actually said ... the Dele Alli 'quote' being a typical case in point.

It's a bit like the difference between Arsenal having thrashed S'hampton last night and the actual result.

Trizy

They've had a few spanking this season,these 3 results have been their heaviest defeat in the last 3 months.

Wednesday 3-0
Bayern 5-1
Southampton 4 -0

I wonder what January has in store for them :angel:
Didn't Spurs spank them too or was that City they beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.