Ask admin a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Not a question but just some advice. After being incorrectly banned from the site and having no way to contact the admins/mods on the site to ask why that happened, I'd suggest making it possible to contact the admin staff on the site in the event of a ban. I had to turn to other options to get my account reinstated. I tried twitter first but didn't get a response back. Then I had to try the Discord server for Redcafe, which somehow worked despite being a dead server.
There’s a “contact us” button at the bottom of the page that can be used to send an email, Niall picks those up.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not a question but just some advice. After being incorrectly banned from the site and having no way to contact the admins/mods on the site to ask why that happened, I'd suggest making it possible to contact the admin staff on the site in the event of a ban. I had to turn to other options to get my account reinstated. I tried twitter first but didn't get a response back. Then I had to try the Discord server for Redcafe, which somehow worked despite being a dead server.
Apologies for that. We do try to check twitter more regularly though in your case the notifications hadn't been checked in some time.

And though the Discord is dead, I/a handful of people do check it pretty much every day so good idea to message on there where we got it sorted fairly quickly due to us both being on at the same time.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Can I change my username? Don't care for it pluss maybe it'll bring good luck :)

Skills

Snitch
On the homepage of the mobile version of the site, can we replace one of 'new posts' or 'recent activities' with 'watched threads'.

The first two do almost the same thing, and the watched threads function is one of the more useful ones IMO.

Witchking

Anyone facing issues with streamble videos on the pages? It opens fine if i copy paste the link directly in to the browser?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Anyone facing issues with streamble videos on the pages? It opens fine if i copy paste the link directly in to the browser?
Yeah, it is showing as black screen with loading icon that never loads. Started happening for me a few weeks ago. The issue is to do with advert blockers. I disabled mine on the caf (was in the advert free usergroup anyway due to having 20k+ posts) and they worked fine for me since though they show an advert at the start of the video.

Witchking

Yeah, it is showing as black screen with loading icon that never loads. Started happening for me a few weeks ago. The issue is to do with advert blockers. I disabled mine on the caf (was in the advert free usergroup anyway due to having 20k+ posts) and they worked fine for me since though they show an advert at the start of the video.
Just disabled it for the domain and it worked. Thanks Damien.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Same problem, works now too, cheers.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Anyone else having issues with pages loading and performance in general. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and my phone and the Caf is really slow right now. Other websites seem OK and my internet is working OK.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Anyone else having issues with pages loading and performance in general. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and my phone and the Caf is really slow right now. Other websites seem OK and my internet is working OK.
Absolutely terrible for me too. It just takes ages to load, the pages seem to hang for eternity.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Not sure if anyone else is having problems but the site is still slow and erratic for me. Pages are taking for ever to load and some navigation options take you to the wrong page.

I have tried Chrome and Firefox on my laptop. Cleared cache, rebooted etc. Its the same on my phone and a I just checked with my works laptop and its the same. Every other site I go to is working fine.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Mine loads fine, but the loading symbol on the tab (in Chrome) never stops spinning, as if it's never fully loaded the page. It doesn't actually cause me any issues though.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Mods....I am still having a lot of performance issues with the site. p[ages are taking forever to load. When I quote it hangs for ever loading the text editor. Sometimes I will click on a thread or forum and after 15-20 second it throws me to the Home view.

This is happening in all browsers and two different laptops.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Weird, maybe one of the techheads on the team might know more. It must be quite discouraging.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Mods....I am still having a lot of performance issues with the site. p[ages are taking forever to load. When I quote it hangs for ever loading the text editor. Sometimes I will click on a thread or forum and after 15-20 second it throws me to the Home view.

This is happening in all browsers and two different laptops.
They don't want you here, it's a setting they can turn on for specific users who they can't find a reason to ban. Don't waste any more of your time.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
They don't want you here, it's a setting they can turn on for specific users who they can't find a reason to ban. Don't waste any more of your time.

Not a waste of my time. I just have the browser set up to open in a new tab and I hit every page 6+ times. Takes me a second and one of the pages loads pretty quick.

A lot of unnecessary traffic though.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’ve just been banned from a thread about us beating every team. Presumably this is because @Snowjoe didnt like my post.

Nothing to do with content, purely down to me pushing back.

To me this seems odd, it’s never happened to me before. Is this normal practice to be banned from a thread without notification or justification?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’ve just been banned from a thread about us beating every team. Presumably this is because @Snowjoe didnt like my post.

To me this seems odd, it’s never happened to me before. Is this normal practice to be banned from a thread without notification or justification?
Yeah I did it for a laugh to annoy you.

Kostur

海尔的老板

He did that so we can
continue to cringe
at dog's whining like this, thanks Joe.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Still no answer other than that I dared to disagree with a poor thread and poor posts - v odd.
I told you the answer I did it to annoy you for being a miserable bastard when people are trying to enjoy themselves for once. It’s been rare here in recent times.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol:

Imagine being in grump like that on a day like today. Come back to beat City 3-2 from 2-0 down at the Etihad and you spend your evening upset because you’re banned for trying to put a dampener on a rare positive thread.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I told you the answer I did it to annoy you for being a miserable bastard when people are trying to enjoy themselves for once. It’s been rare here in recent times.
If I knew how to post the link I would, but the thread about 20 mins leading to our dedication shows I’m not miserable unnecessarily and try to promote positivity, but surely I’m entitled to disagree with a thread where I believe there’s nothing to celebrate?!

Further, I don’t believe this has anything to do with me being perceived as miserable, simply me disagreeing with you, and now you’re throwing your weight around!

M Bison

Supports
York City
:lol:

Imagine being in grump like that on a day like today. Come back to beat City 3-2 from 2-0 down at the Etihad and you spend your evening upset because you’re banned for trying to put a dampener on a rare positive thread.
Great result, rubbish thread. Don’t see how that’s difficult to compute :confused:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
If I knew how to post the link I would, but the thread about 20 mins leading to our dedication shows I’m not miserable unnecessarily and try to promote positivity, but surely I’m entitled to disagree with a thread where I believe there’s nothing to celebrate?!

Further, I don’t believe this has anything to do with me being perceived as miserable, simply me disagreeing with you, and now you’re throwing your weight around!
I told you I did it literally to annoy you for being so miserable. It’s not that deep. If I wanted to throw my weight about I’d just ban anyone I didn’t like.

Anyway you can keep arguing or whatever, I lifted the reply ban like 15 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.