Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Withnail

I need to put a user on ignore but can't access their profile page. What should I do?
You used to be able to swap out their name in the URL for ignoring someone else but doesn't seem to be working.

If you search for posts by them and then click on their name in one of the posts in the list of posts, without clicking into the post itself, the preview of their profile should pop up which lets you follow, ignore or start conversation.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
You used to be able to swap out their name in the URL for ignoring someone else but doesn't seem to be working.

If you search for posts by them and then click on their name in one of the posts in the list of posts, without clicking into the post itself, the preview of their profile should pop up which lets you follow, ignore or start conversation.

That worked. Thanks.

LARulz

Sorry not sure if this is the right place or not but didn't want to post a thread anywhere.

The club just released a statement saying they are in the final stages of Greenwood decision. Whilst I know it's not a decision yet, it is still an update from the club itself than press speculation. Should we not update this in the Greenwood thread?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
you’re free to talk about it anywhere else you like but here until Niall says so.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
To add to this, the second post in the Mason thread earlier today was libellous, underlining the problem with allowing discussion, frustrating as that may be.

Anustart89

Embedded tweets have been loading very slowly for me the past few days. This means that when a page opens up on the last unread post, all the tweets before it load in later and push the text down the page so you have to scroll all the way down and find the latest unread post manually which is a bit of a pain in the arse on the phone. Have the same issue on my computer and I’m running different browsers on phone/computer so don’t think it’s a browser/cache issue.

Something tells me it’s an issue on the Musk side of things but I thought I’d just mention it in case it wasn’t.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’m experiencing a weird phenomenon on iOS when loading threads from the notifications tab in that it goes to the latest unread post and then skips up 5/6 posts into the stuff I’ve already read. Is it me or you?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m experiencing a weird phenomenon on iOS when loading threads from the notifications tab in that it goes to the latest unread post and then skips up 5/6 posts into the stuff I’ve already read. Is it me or you?
It’s possible twitter posts not loading.

Anustart89

It's the same thing that I posted right above you. Tweets aren't loading quickly enough, so once all the previous tweets above the post that you jump to load in, they push the page downwards and make you have to scroll down to the post you initially landed on. It's been like this for a while now on iOS and Mac (Safari/Chrome).

You'll notice it doesn't happen on pages where there aren't any tweets.

Plant0x84

It's the same thing that I posted right above you. Tweets aren't loading quickly enough, so once all the previous tweets above the post that you jump to load in, they push the page downwards and make you have to scroll down to the post you initially landed on. It's been like this for a while now on iOS and Mac (Safari/Chrome).

You'll notice it doesn't happen on pages where there aren't any tweets.
Fair enough. Thanks man, oh and feck X formerly Twitter. :wenger:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'm generally against changes to existing taglines, especially if the one doing the change didn't study at the Suresh International School of Tagline Creation.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is anyone else having issue with the page jumping all over the show when loading? I’m not sure if it’s tweets or what, but every time I click into a thread it will initially go to the first new post but then jumps up and down and I have to scroll back down to find the new content.

This is on safari on iPhone, not tried anything else.

@Damien you’re most likely to have an explanation for this.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Is anyone else having issue with the page jumping all over the show when loading? I’m not sure if it’s tweets or what, but every time I click into a thread it will initially go to the first new post but then jumps up and down and I have to scroll back down to find the new content.

Yea, it's the worst on iPhone. It's fine on the laptop though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Im pretty sure it’s tweets loading in. I’ve had this problem for about a month.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Im pretty sure it’s tweets loading in. I’ve had this problem for about a month.
Yeah looks like this when you enter a thread:

It takes 1-2 seconds for the tweets to load properly. Annoying as hell.

Between Niall and Musk, not sure which one is worse.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Yeah looks like this when you enter a thread:

It takes 1-2 seconds for the tweets to load properly. Annoying as hell.

Between Niall and Musk, not sure which one is worse.
Yeah the tweets used to load instantly but since the X links came into place on the app, some of the tweets take a while to render which causes the jumping around.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

It was really bad for me a few weeks ago but is a little better now.

Tony247

Slow mode thread is a great feature. I have a suggestion to go further. Instead of applying this on everybody, make it at member level. Say if someone has posted 5 times in 30 mins then for next hour or so automatically make that poster wait for 15 mins between posts. This way you can control trolling and posters monopolizing threads.

Samid

Could Hojlund be autocorrected to Højlund? Same with Lindelöf and Reguilón.

(I'd add Martínez too but that's a more generic name that's probably used in other contexts too.)

Suv666

Feature request- Your own comment in any thread is highlighted would enhance the user experience

Samid

Can the slow mode be turned off in the MG thread or preferably could the mods create a separate performance thread?

Plant0x84

When viewing the meme thread I can view some images - I just get a tiny blue box with a question mark. Is that me, the poster, or the Caf? Ta.
Edit - seems to be working again this morning. Weird.

Last edited:

Samid

Why does every critical ETH thread either get closed or merged with the megathread (so much for 'no to megathreads')? But every pro ETH thread gets to live? Examples being "It’s not EtH’s tactics…..the players are fecking lazy", "Is the adversity faced by ETH unprecedented?", "The reshaping of the squad since EtH joined", "Can we stop complaining until we see an actual ETH XI?" etc.

Almost 20 % of the season is done and we've had our worst ever league start while playing horseshite football. Look we all want him to succeed but the wheels came off a while back. Pretending nothing is wrong won't change the reality.

All previous managers have had sack watches, yet the mods won't allow one for ETH. Mods are supposed to be objective when modding, not fanboy level delusional. Censoring critical opinions by locking/merging threads is exactly what we used to laugh at RAWK for.

Plant0x84

This is the Admin/Mod Help Forum, stick to the topic or do one.
You miss a keyword. You’re a Manchester United ‘supporter’.
I for one think the mods do a fantastic job (not @Solius - I’m petty like that :D) of keeping this place in check, and have done the right thing collating all the whinging and negativity in one place. The three ‘positive’ threads you mentioned are all different topics one is about the players, one it about all the myriad problems at the club and one is about tactics. No problem with them being left seperate.
Try focusing your anger and negativity where it is warranted- at the owners and we’ll see if ETH is up to the job when he has a competent sporting structure supporting him and isn’t forced to sign unproven kids or Wout fecking Weghorst.
I hope that’s on topic enough for you oh mighty one.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
You miss a keyword. You’re a Manchester United ‘supporter’.
I for one think the mods do a fantastic job (not @Solius - I’m petty like that :D) of keeping this place in check, and have done the right think collating all the who gets and negativity in one place. The three ‘positive’ threads you mentioned are all different topics one is about the players, one it about all the myriad problems at the club and one is about tactics. No problem with them being left seperate.
Try focusing your anger and negativity where it is warranted- at the owners and we’ll see if ETH is up to the job when he has a competent sporting structure supporting him and isn’t forced to sign unproven kids or Wout fecking Weghorst.
I hope that’s on topic enough for you oh might one.
@horsechoker we got a text bomb up in here