Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
You miss a keyword. You’re a Manchester United ‘supporter’.
I for one think the mods do a fantastic job (not @Solius - I’m petty like that :D) of keeping this place in check, and have done the right think collating all the who gets and negativity in one place. The three ‘positive’ threads you mentioned are all different topics one is about the players, one it about all the myriad problems at the club and one is about tactics. No problem with them being left seperate.
Try focusing your anger and negativity where it is warranted- at the owners and we’ll see if ETH is up to the job when he has a competent sporting structure supporting him and isn’t forced to sign unproven kids or Wout fecking Weghorst.
I hope that’s on topic enough for you oh might one.
No idea why you're waffling on about things that have nothing to do with my question. All previous managers had sack watch threads with polls. In case you're unaware they faced the same issues with the ownership. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have had those threads/polls. By your logic we should've stuck with Moyes until the club had new owners.

The cults for managers/players on here are bad enough without the mods being a direct part of those agendas by closing threads they personally don't like. Mods can voice their subjective opinions all they want but to shut down any thread that is critical of ETH is wrong. Especially when they haven't closed down similar threads under previous managers and the club now having its worst start ever to a PL season.

Try not telling others how they're supposed to support the club. You're free to wait for years for a "competent sporting structure supporting him", doesn't mean everyone else has to do the same. FYI I regularly bump this and this. Everyone knows the owners suck, doesn't mean we can't demand things from the manager.

I'm asking the mods a technical question on why a certain type of threads aren't allowed under the current manager. Responding with a defence of the manager (this isn't the United forum) and meddling for no apparent reason is hardly 'on topic'.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
No idea why you're waffling on about things that have nothing to do with my question. All previous managers had sack watch threads with polls. In case you're unaware they faced the same issues with the ownership. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have had those threads/polls. By your logic we should've stuck with Moyes until the club had new owners.

The cults for managers/players on here are bad enough without the mods being a direct part of those agendas by closing threads they personally don't like. Mods can voice their subjective opinions all they want but to shut down any thread that is critical of ETH is wrong. Especially when they haven't closed down similar threads under previous managers and the club now having its worst start ever to a PL season.

Try not telling others how they're supposed to support the club. You're free to wait for years for a "competent sporting structure supporting him", doesn't mean everyone else has to do the same. FYI I regularly bump this and this. Everyone knows the owners suck, doesn't mean we can't demand things from the manager.

I'm asking the mods a technical question on why a certain type of threads aren't allowed under the current manager. Responding with a defence of the manager (this isn't the United forum) and meddling for no apparent reason is hardly 'on topic'.
:D
Just one more then I’m done. My post was more of a defence of the modmins than ten Hag. I have no issue with demanding of/criticising the manager but why do we need multiple threads about the same thing?

The mods are human, and partisan and since this is a privately owned forum they can (and will) do whatever the heck they want!

Yagami

Good post resistant
An explanation on why my thread was locked would be appreciated.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Just one more then I’m done. My post was more of a defence of the modmins than ten Hag. I have no issue with demanding of/criticising the manager but why do we need multiple threads about the same thing?

The mods are human, and partisan and since this is a privately owned forum they can (and will) do whatever the heck they want!
They're not gonna shag you mate.

Plant0x84

Nothing is happening.
Have you missed the whole INEOS minority investment story? It’s an interesting development, and as i said I’d like to join the conversation.
Also the other posters we discussed are still posting freely in the thread, I strongly feel like I have done very little to deserve this ban, and I’m really starting to feel singled out and like you are being unfair. This feels personal honestly.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Have you missed the whole INEOS minority investment story? It’s an interesting development, and as i said I’d like to join the conversation.
Also the other posters we discussed are still posting freely in the thread, I strongly feel like I have done very little to deserve this ban, and I’m really starting to feel singled out and like you are being unfair. This feels personal honestly.
If me sticking with the original decision to ban you from the thread because of how many people you wound up is personal then so be it.

Plant0x84

If me sticking with the original decision to ban you from the thread because of how many people you wound up is personal then so be it.
Who did I wind up?
You banned me because you personally honey trapped me with a question about my Corbyn post then banned me for ‘taking the thread off topic’. :rolleyes:
I’ve also received a temp ban for calling HarryP a tool. Guess what, he was.
Let’s be honest, the sale thread is one of the very worst threads on the site but I want to be able to partake because my ban feels unjust. I do not deserve this treatment.
I can’t help that my opinion doesn’t agree with everyone else, but that’s the nature of a discussion forum. It certainly wasn’t my intention to WUM because I’m not a sad little child. This is just ridiculous. It sucks.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Frankly, as a person in a position of authority on the board that attitude simply isn’t good enough.
This isn't a vendetta by solius. Multiple mods agreed that you should have been banned from the thread.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This is not a thread for appealing mod decisions. As it says in the title, use PMs for that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Frankly, as a person in a position of authority on the board that attitude simply isn’t good enough.
You miss the point, I said if it is personal so be it. It obviously isn't. It's a mod decision we are sticking with.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apologies, but I have tried that route and it gets me nowhere.
Constantly spamming me in that PM does not do anything to prove to us we should reverse your ban for spamming in a thread. I have told you this.

68cob

Any chance we can have a less smug looking Maguire profile pic for the squad selector please? :D

Last edited:

Conor

Is it possible to ignore someone that has seemingly blocked you? I want to ignore a poster, but I can't access his profile page to do it.

Withnail

Is it possible to ignore someone that has seemingly blocked you? I want to ignore a poster, but I can't access his profile page to do it.
They've their profile set to private, I'd say.

I found a way to do it and posted about it in here before:

You used to be able to swap out their name in the URL for ignoring someone else but doesn't seem to be working.

If you search for posts by them and then click on their name in one of the posts in the list, without clicking into the post itself, the preview of their profile should pop up which lets you follow, ignore or start conversation.

Brophs

The One and Only
Can one of the admins turn off my Newbie access please? I never visit and am not interested.

Cheers.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Can one of the admins turn off my Newbie access please? I never visit and am not interested.

Cheers.
you’re just worried that you’ll fall in love and they’ll stop posting after never being promoted/getting tired of being harassed.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Since the forum turned grey the icons in the entertainment forum come up weird for me. Think it's just since then anyway, they're smaller and have the name under it too, so a small TV and "television" below?

On android, just chrome browser.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Since the forum turned grey the icons in the entertainment forum come up weird for me. Think it's just since then anyway, they're smaller and have the name under it too, so a small TV and "television" below?

On android, just chrome browser.
Came in for this, sorted now at my end.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Came in for this, sorted now at my end.
Yeah same, always does it when the forum changes to grey I think. Not sure why. Wasn't sure if admins were aware it does it as depends on how they browse the forum. Not a massive issue as it's usually only a few days a year.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why is this thread closed?

Could mods stop censoring for the sake of it? Discussing whether a Man Utd manager, who loses half the games and gets outplayed every single game, should get sacked or not (with an active poll), while having wasted £450m, is perfectly reasonable and legal. No forum rules or etiquettes are getting broken.

Please reopen the thread. This is genuinely RAWK levels of pettiness. You're better than this mods.

@golden_blunder

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
We follow Nialls guidelines, don’t like it post elsewhere

Nonsense. The jobs of moderators are to moderate, not to police thought and opinion. In fact, mods are not supposed to do whatever they want, but abide by, and enforce the forum's rules. This is a lame excuse for you lot to police the forum and mould it how you see fit. You are not the owners, and you should not be trusted with these powers if you think like this. What a joke of a forum.

Plant0x84

Nonsense. The jobs of moderators are to moderate, not to police thought and opinion. In fact, mods are not supposed to do whatever they want, but abide by, and enforce the forum's rules. This is a lame excuse for you lot to police the forum and mould it how you see fit. You are not the owners, and you should not be trusted with these powers if you think like this. What a joke of a forum.
Don’t drag me in again, I have no opinion on this!! :wenger: