Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Anyone else not getting tweets to load & the page you're on timing out?

e - never mind, crisis averted.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I cannot access redcafe on my phone. It has been this way since City's second goal on Saturday. At first I thought the site was overwhelmed but it has continued and I am able to use my laptop. On my iphone I get the "Access Denied" "sorry you are not allowed access to that page. Please go to our homepage and start again..." message, but when I click the provided link it comes back to access denied.
I think this happened to me before. You have to do delete your cookies and/or history. And maybe the cache?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Some of you may have spotted this page showing up when clicking on Transfer Tweets tab recently

which has coincided with the changeover in transfer tweets thread. A softfix (which works) has been implemented for now which involves having all eight threads in the feed until Niall comes on to sort it out proper.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This should be fixed now and the Transfer Tweets should only be showing the new thread tweets.

However, that required resetting everyone's filters to have all options selected. So you'll need to refilter by your preferred options.

Any issues, let me know in here or PM me.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The automated transfer tweets tab isn’t showing the little red number of new tweets for me?

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem?

Santos J

The automated transfer tweets tab isn’t showing the little red number of new tweets for me?

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem?
Have you got the options ticked? They reset I think, was the same for me

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Have you got the options ticked? They reset I think, was the same for me

I’ve got 3 ticked and yeah I knew they reset a few days ago. I’m just not seeing that ‘new tweets’ numbers, but I know there are new tweets when I go on the actual tab

Santos J

I’ve got 3 ticked and yeah I knew they reset a few days ago. I’m just not seeing that ‘new tweets’ numbers, but I know there are new tweets when I go on the actual tab
Ah feck knows then, mine weren't showing the numbers the other day but it's fine since I ticked everything again

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
@Damien is there any chance we can have the "Sale of Manchester United - Tweets only" thread as an option in the transfer tweets please as we do with United, UK, Europe, Rest of the World please. It would make it much easier not to miss any updates without having to wade through the mega thread.

Damien

Staff
@Damien is there any chance we can have the "Sale of Manchester United - Tweets only" thread as an option in the transfer tweets please as we do with United, UK, Europe, Rest of the World please. It would make it much easier not to miss any updates without having to wade through the mega thread.
Interesting idea. What do you think @Niall

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Could we ever have a block function on Redcafe like on Twitter where blocked users are unable to read your content and the other way around?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Could we ever have a block function on Redcafe like on Twitter where blocked users are unable to read your content and the other way around?
But then you’d have nothing to read on here.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
But then you’d have nothing to read on here.
Varies from the user doesnt it? I usually put users on ignore if they have a history of resorting to insults. Some times by chance i notice they are still busy insulting me but i wasnt aware before because i have them on ignore. I think it would be cooler if we could block users we dont get along with altogether.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Varies from the user doesnt it? I usually put users on ignore if they have a history of resorting to insults. Some times by chance i notice they are still busy insulting me but i wasnt aware before because i have them on ignore. I think it would be cooler if we could block users we dont get along with altogether.
I think you missed my joke :)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I imagine it's not worth the coding/effort/how it would feck the forum up for posters who need to block each other and are likely to be banned in a few months anyway.

Damien

Staff
I've always wondered, do mods pay attention to the message that accompanies deleted posts?

And how often do people who delete their posts write a message explaining why they deleted it?
Most people don't include a message - you keep doing that though as it makes me smile slightly when I come across a wild deleted Viyoyo post w/ message.

AnotherLondonManc

Since this thread is at the top of the homepage, I'm not able to use any of the formatting function or emojis on mobile.

All the options to bold, underline, bullet point, etc are greyed out on my android. All works fine on desktop

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Since this thread is at the top of the homepage, I'm not able to use any of the formatting function or emojis on mobile.

All the options to bold, underline, bullet point, etc are greyed out on my android. All works fine on desktop
If all of the formatting options when you post are greyed out, press the cog wheel which will be highlighted in yellow and this will restore the formatting functionality.

The Purley King

Apologies if this has been asked before but how do I put a photo from my phone onto a post?
The option seems to be a link only?
Edit - before anyone asks it’s not naughty :)

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Apologies if this has been asked before but how do I put a photo from my phone onto a post?
The option seems to be a link only?
Edit - before anyone asks it’s not naughty :)
Redcafe doesn't support uploads, you'll need to upload the photo somewhere else (a public location) and link it here.
Somewhere like photobucket or imgur usually works

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Where is the Wolves match thread?
Why don't you flipping create it instead of moaning about it. Lazy feck. Only takes a second. You won't though will you? Oooh I'm Samid and I want everyone to make threads for me cus I'm so special. Just going to block you and have done with it, sick and tired of reading your username.
Hehehe

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I have a proper question for the mods. Why is "tho" considered text speak? I get l ol, d at etc. But though doesn't feel like it belongs in the same bracket.