Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Charlie Foley

I work in Commercial Finance and have worked for some of the biggest digital and publishing based brands out there. I don't know what your background is and this isn't a dick swinging contest, but don't try to infer that I'm stupid.

And no this isn't me arguing with you. I'm just asking you to consider a wider view outside your own narrow opinion.

You see stupid, I see opportunity.
Brilliant

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
There are many past posters who received bans that are sorely missed. Could we not have a unmoderated forum for them which non-banned members can view but not post in? It would be interesting to compare the level of discussion in there to what we have presently. It could be a great social experiment.

Bojan11

There are many past posters who received bans that are sorely missed. Could we not have a unmoderated forum for them which non-banned members can view but not post in? It would be interesting to compare the level of discussion in there to what we have presently. It could be a great social experiment.
Who would you want back? All of them were banned for good reason and some of them given enough warnings probably. I wouldn’t mind Ciderman and weaste back but that’s about it. Why was Ciderman banned again? @Damien.

Randall Flag got banned last year and I wanted him back till I heard he was making racist comments.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Who would you want back? All of them were banned for good reason and some of them given enough warnings probably. I wouldn’t mind Ciderman and weaste back but that’s about it. Why was Ciderman banned again? @Damien.

Randall Flag got banned last year and I wanted him back till I heard he was making racist comments.
I'm not saying I'd want them back otherwise I'd have mentioned an amnesty or banned user referenda. Just to make it clear, this would be the caf equivalent of hell and not purgatory.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Other fan forums are available on the net. Google is your friend.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Think it was one of Olly's in the tinder thread, would have been posted just before I made this post

I found it
Hmm, that post isn't triggering the error for me. If it happens again please let me know and which post you were quoting.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Hmm, that post isn't triggering the error for me. If it happens again please let me know and which post you were quoting.
I've just tried to quote your post and it's done the same thing. Think it's something to do with my account rather than the post itself.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I've just tried to quote your post and it's done the same thing. Think it's something to do with my account rather than the post itself.
Think you need a name change mate.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Try logging out and in again and see if that makes any difference.

Carolina Red

Staff
Why am I threadband from the cop thread? Nothing I said was bad. I even said I didnt agree with the comments the person said. I just provided context for why the person might have said them.
The last page and a half of that thread after you posted your “understanding” for people heckling a dead rookie cop wasn’t going anywhere good, and I saw the post you’ve now deleted before you rethought it. Hence, the thread ban.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The last page and a half of that thread after you posted your “understanding” for people heckling a dead rookie cop wasn’t going anywhere good, and I saw the post you’ve now deleted before you rethought it. Hence, the thread ban.
I didnt say anything bad.

You, using your moderator powers, saw a post i deleted 30 seconds after posting it because I realized I misunderstood skizzos previous post. So no one saw me say "feck off" except you and I.

So you've thread banned me not for breaking any rules or offending anyone but because you disagree with my point of view in that thread. The topic is cops in America doing a bad job. My posts were 100% on topic, discussing the context of cops in America doing a bad job in that specific community in that specific past.

Carolina Red

Staff
I didnt say anything bad.

You, using your moderator powers, saw a post i deleted 30 seconds after posting it because I realized I misunderstood skizzos previous post. So no one saw me say "feck off" except you and I.

So you've thread banned me not for breaking any rules or offending anyone but because you disagree with my point of view in that thread. The topic is cops in America doing a bad job. My posts were 100% on topic, discussing the context of cops in America doing a bad job in that specific community in that specific past.
You need a cool off in that thread. Period.

I don’t once expect you to agree with it, but it is what it is. Nothing good was ever going to come from you expressing “understanding” for the heckling of a murdered cop.

Eboue

You need a cool off in that thread. Period.

I don’t once expect you to agree with it, but it is what it is. Nothing good was ever going to come from you expressing “understanding” for the heckling of a murdered cop.
Why do I need a cool off? I've broken no rules. If someone is going to react badly to me providing context for why Sacramento residents hate the police then deal with them when it happens. I've not broken any rules.

Eboue

It's also bizarre that you think this was going to spiral out of control. The conversation was over. I let skizzo have the last word. He lives in northern California and is a cop so if he kept his cool then I doubt anyone else would have a problem doing so.

Carolina Red

Staff
Why do I need a cool off? I've broken no rules. If someone is going to react badly to me providing context for why Sacramento residents hate the police then deal with them when it happens. I've not broken any rules.
Providing context and wumming look very similar in your last several posts in that thread.

Eboue

Providing context and wumming look very similar in your last several posts in that thread.
Wumming? Are you joking?

*Eboue posts 400 times about how he doesnt trust cops and lists examples of their brutality*

fine. normal.

*Eboue posts 7 more times about how he doesnt trust cops and lists example of their brutality*

this looks like wumming to me

Eboue

first reason: "wasnt going anywhere good"
second reason: "needed a cool off"
third reason: "wumming"

you cant even make your mind up on why you band me. look, just unband me. you dont even have to admit you are wrong. you can delete this whole exchange and we can both promise never to mention it again

Carolina Red

Staff
Wumming? Are you joking?

*Eboue posts 400 times about how he doesnt trust cops and lists examples of their brutality*

fine. normal.

*Eboue posts 7 more times about how he doesnt trust cops and lists example of their brutality*

this looks like wumming to me
Cop gets brutally murdered and you post your understanding for the dead officer being heckled.

I’d hope all you were doing there is wumming.

Eboue

Cop gets brutally murdered and you post your understanding for the dead officer being heckled.

I’d hope all you were doing there is wumming.
its not my understanding, as ive stated. its my understanding for why the people who live daily under the oppression of police might feel that way. i stated several times that i didnt feel that way. if you wanted to have this conversation, you should have quoted me in the thread. ive broken no rules and shouldnt be threadband

Carolina Red

Staff
its not my understanding, as ive stated. its my understanding for why the people who live daily under the oppression of police might feel that way. i stated several times that i didnt feel that way. if you wanted to have this conversation, you should have quoted me in the thread. ive broken no rules and shouldnt be threadband
We can agree to disagree.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Instead of saying "Banned" anymore, it says "New Member" under the name of previously banned posters. Is it supposed to be like that?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"Should we sign Welbeck"
"Should we sign Balotelli"
"Rivals watch - Leicester City"

WUMs dominating the football forums. Are mods on vacation?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
"Should we sign Welbeck"
"Should we sign Balotelli"
"Rivals watch - Leicester City"

WUMs dominating the football forums. Are mods on vacation?
yes

R'hllor

Can you somehow turn off permanently specific announcement or announcement in general above?

R'hllor

What do you mean? You can remove the podcast notice at the top by pressing the 'x' at the right of it.
Yea but is it saved for the future? Asking because, if i open it on my shitty lap, its freezing whole thing, doubt issue is on CAF ends, more like its my lap but with cursory lagging and spiking, clicking on that X i make it look like E-sports event.