Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They can when the team is capable of scoring more than a goal a game.

We generally defend fine. Have done for years (outside of Mourinho’s throwing of the towel). Our back line could include a prime Ferdinand and Vidic and we’d still continue to drop points; all because the team doesn’t score goals and hasn’t been able to do so since Ferguson retired.

Our defenders take the flak, but there’s an expectation that they don’t make any mistakes, even though the team has conceded goals in line with many of our higher-achieving rivals over a long period of time.

Tuanzebe will just be the next sorry sap to get it in the neck.
Don't be so defensive! It was a very poor mistake for a defender.

PoTMS

He fecking did a Blackett. Rookie centre back playing left back gifting Arsenal a point.

Andersonson

2nd half was dire from him. Shocking.

Won 2/11 duels and lost the ball alot. Shouldve played right back and Young on the left. He was clearly uncomfortable

starman

If he was not at LB, Young would have been there and the people moaning right now, would be doing it about Young, who made some silly passes at RB but wasn't punished for them

He had a overall good game with one mistake, it doesnt defy the decision to play him there. It was clearly done to nullify Pepe's threat.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Must have been a bit of a surprise to him to find out senior players don't know how to run into space at Manchester United.

Martialfc

He shows real promise but his head went after he squared that misplaced pass and cost us the first goal. Literally the minute after the goal he was nowhere to be seen when they had the ball down the right wing. He cost us the first goal and nearly cost us the second. That being said he’s not a leftback so can’t blame him at all. He’s a good talent. I like him, but we shouldn’t play him LB when he’s a CB. But I guess that’s how stretched our squad is atm..

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Thought he did well considering he's largely inexperienced and playing out of position. No idea why he didn't play RB and Young LB. Nonsensical decision.

He was solid first half, a bit iffy in the second, but he's looking like he's capable generally.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he looked really good through out most of the game. One poor pass and then just after that he looked a bit like he was dwelling on it and was out of position really badly for one of the Arsenal chances. But that first half looked in total control and classy.

Swiss_Red89

First half he was very good imo. Second half he struggled. Clearly not a fullback though.

Stadjer

If he was not at LB, Young would have been there and the people moaning right now, would be doing it about Young, who made some silly passes at RB but wasn't punished

He had a overall good game with one mistake, its doesnt defy the decision to play him there. It was clearly done to nullify Pepe's threat.
I rather see Tuanzebe start as lb instead of Young. Yes he made a mistake but he didnt play badly. Hopefully AWB feels better next game.

dev1l

These type of error happen all the time when giving youngsters a chance. (Most managers in epl would demand experienced players - Jose a case in point.)
That s why there are many talented young players ending up in championship or in other leagues like Germany.
Over the longer timeframe the club will benefit but there will be hiccups over the shorter period

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Will be a good CB and obviously not a fecking LB

Where are all those who were screaming from the rooftops that he should be starting for us? Giving away 2 points will do wonders for his confidence even if he did play well.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If he was not at LB, Young would have been there and the people moaning right now, would be doing it about Young, who made some silly passes at RB but wasn't punished for them.
Young is generally fairly good on the left. Obviously he still has too many poor games to be first choice, but on average he's far better on the left than he is on the right. That's what made the sides that Young and Tuanzebe played on so strange.

Roboc7

Aside from the error he did a very good job out of position. Would like to see him alongside Maguire at some point.

Classical Mechanic

Not seeing why Ole played him there. Apart from the mistake he was alright but looked uncomfortable on the ball with his strong foot on the wrong side for the position.

flappyjay

I don't even think the goal was his fault. He was playing those infield square passes the whole game. Lindelof was flat footed when he played that pass onto victors path.

Axel is quality. That much is obvious.
I like the kid too, but come on man. This ain't on Victor

edcunited1878

Aside from the mistake and him playing LB, thought he did okay. He can't go forward, but was willing to be an outlet. He'll be a CB going moving ahead 100%

Dan_F

He clearly played there to stop Pepe and did a great job. It’s a shame, because he delayed the pass, but then ended up playing it wrong anyway.

I’m confident he’ll displace Lindelof by the start of next season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
All players make mistakes. He carried on showing for the ball and didn't just start limping it forward.

That said, clearly not a left back or a full back. He played okay enough to deserve more chances.

PitTon

It's lucky Arsenal didn't focus on left side. He was good first half when Chambers didn't support because of James. But when it happened, not only Tuanzebe and James didn't have any understanding to defend together, it also showed his body position when defend 1 on 1 was dangerously easy for opponents to create chances.

But I do like his calmness. Just play him more and hes gonna become a good players like McTommy

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
First half was great. Good reading the game & very composed. But 2nd half was different story. Mistake happens but he looks very promising & better than Lindelof.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
If there was more potency in attack the team probably bails out Axel on his mistake but we aren't so every mistake we make in defence which gets punished is even more magnified.

I don't blame Axel, it is the risk you take with young players. He was put out of position and played very well up until the mistake, after that you could see his confidence was completely gone.

m1tch

Did really well until the misplaced pass. Mistakes like that are to be expected with young players, it wouldn't have mattered if we were capable of scoring a couple of goals at home - that's the issue. Feel optimistic that we have a really good prospect with Axel though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He should never play this match as fullback... especially with two RB's in the club, but of course they're both unavailable, plus Shaw is out too.

Just typical United squad problems over and over again. Players always unavailable and absolutely sick of it.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did mostly play well bar the mistake.
I have a lot more time for someone like Axel making an error than I do watching Young launch the ball forward constantly anyway.

arnie_ni

He's going to be a player i think. Looked great until the mistake

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good lad, filling in nicely at full back barring a poor error that was punished. He gets in on either side over Young anytime for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.