Bale.... or Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Ward

I'd take Bale over Willian all day long.

The price Chelsea want for Willian is extremely high, but Richarlison has just gone for 50 and Mahrez 60+ so they are within rights to demand a lot.

Both would make a massive difference to our team and instantly improve us.

Bale is without doubt world class, Willian is good but not at the same level. I'd say we need Bale more

Both would probably be at an elite level for us for 2 seasons, then we'd be looking at other options.

Dolf

For that kind of money and his age you'd expect some sort of consistency with the player you're signing though.

We need someone who can perform week in, week out.
I don't think there is anyone available who can do that. Mahrez was probably our best option.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
For that kind of money and his age you'd expect some sort of consistency with the player you're signing though.

We need someone who can perform week in, week out.
He was one of the best players for Brasil in the World Cup.

Alfie092

Who would you guys prefer, Malcom for around £35m or Willian for £60m?

Malcom is younger, cheaper and has the potential to get better.

Willian is an experienced Brazilian international who starts when fit, Premier League proven and is more likely to hit the ground running instantly.

ArjenIsM3

Who would you guys prefer, Malcom for around £35m or Willian for £60m?

Malcom is younger, cheaper and has the potential to get better.

Willian is an experienced Brazilian international who starts when fit, Premier League proven and is more likely to hit the ground running instantly.
1. Bailey 2. Willian 3. Malcom. In that order. We'll probably get Willian though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If we were bringing Willian in as a RB conversion then whatever, but as a winger he is very average, Conte didn't drop him for shits and giggles, he's as erratic in the final 3rd as a 21 year old winger, sure he'll have great games here and there where he'll ping some good balls in or score a long range worldie, but he often makes bad choices in the final 3rd and is a poor finisher, his stats are garbage for a winger in a top side, he doesn't create or score enough for a front 3 player.

He gets in the Brazil side due to their system, with his workhorse style balancing out Neymar, Marcelo and Coutinho to give them more freedom, and that's why Mourinho loves him, he works like a fullback, and in his Chelsea side offered a balance due to Hazard not being all that good at tracking back, same as Neymar, we don't need that shit as our fullbacks don't do a lot of attacking and we have Sanchez on the left who works his socks off and we just bought Fred who's biggest asset is covering ground.

What we need is someone on that right side that can drift and knit things together, a player like De Bruyne, Eriksen, Silva, Coutinho etc....basically what Mata is supposed to do but faster and stronger. Another thing to consider is Lingard, everyone has a boner for him right now and if we play 4-3-3 then the right side of the front 3 is his most likely way into the starting 11, now long term I think we'll need to address this position but I'd certainly rather a season of Lingard than £60M on a 30 year old generic winger like Willian, let the next manager sort this issue out at a later date.
Great post. Not enough posters consider the context of players with their teammates.

Mainoldo

Poor Ed lol. Good luck to him trying to get Willian but not giving up Martial.

Ekeke

I think Willian would be good for a couple of seasons and frankly, there are tens of players who could come into our right wing and make a significant improvement to how we play. But I'd steer well clear of a big money move for someone who turns 30 in less than a month. Whats the current going rate for a 30 year old? Who are the other ones that have been expensive like Willian seems to be?

Get him for a very reasonable fee or make like Barcelona and get Malcom instead.

Patrick08

It's obvious that Willian isn't worth seventy million but if that's what it takes to avoid another season of Lingard being first choice then I'm all for it.
What if they present a counter offer for 20m plus Willian for Martial.

T_Model101

I think Willian would be good for a couple of seasons and frankly, there are tens of players who could come into our right wing and make a significant improvement to how we play. But I'd steer well clear of a big money move for someone who turns 30 in less than a month. Whats the current going rate for a 30 year old? Who are the other ones that have been expensive like Willian seems to be?

Get him for a very reasonable fee or make like Barcelona and get Malcom instead.
Higuain who's going to be 31 this year is being quoted as available for £53M
Lewandowski is two weeks younger than Willian, what would you expect him to move for?
I can't really think of anyone else who'd command a massive fee, what would we accept for Sanchez?

For what it's worth Willian seems to be a very fit player, transfermarkt says he's only been injured for 40 days in the 5 years he's been playing in England. I think he could play at a high level for years a la Cafu

Patrick08

Lewandowski is two weeks younger than William, what would you expect him to move for?
I can't really think of anyone else who'd command a massive fee, what would we accept for Sanchez?

For what it's worth William seems to be a very fit player, transfermarkt says he's only been injured for 40 days in the 5 years he's been playing in England. I think he could play at a high level for years a la Cafu
Though that surely means even More reduced chances for Martial and he being bench option to Sanchez and Lukaku, also I am sure Mourinho will promote Rashford over him as well and eventually wanting to leave.

Greck

What if they present a counter offer for 20m plus Willian for Martial.
I'd assume the men upstairs are too business savy to do this. Exchanging an asset that can only appreciate for one that can only depreciate in the coming years. It's easy for us fans to do these transfers because we're not directly accountable for the club's money

Ekeke

Lewandowski is two weeks younger than Willian, what would you expect him to move for?

For what it's worth Willian seems to be a very fit player, transfermarkt says he's only been injured for 40 days in the 5 years he's been playing in England. I think he could play at a high level for years a la Cafu
I dont think its realistic to compare anyone with Cafu. And personally I wouldnt want my club going for Higuain or Lewandowski for big fees either. I'd make an exception for Messi and Ronaldo other than that...

Patrick08

I'd assume the men upstairs are too business savy to do this. Exchanging an asset that can only appreciate for one that can only depreciate in the coming years. It's easy for us fans to do these transfers because we're not directly accountable for the club's money
Hopefully. Though Martial's value under Mourinho will be hard to appreciate, not impossible but difficult. And both the board and the manager will get excuses if the season does not work out the way expectations are:).

Alfie092

I think we are almost certain to sign a RW this summer. Our issues in that position have been on going for years now, we probably have a list of 4-5 players listed in priority order of who Jose would like and if for example we cannot land our top 4 targets and there is like 2 days left in the window, we will just go all out for Jose's 5th choice RW or just overpay for one of our higher priority wingers on the list to get the deal done quickly over the line.

If reports are to be believed, players who could potentially be on that list include Bale, Willian, Perisic and Rebic. My guess is Bale is number 1 on that list but the most difficult to obtain, in my view, we will get one of those names listed or we may end up getting someone who will totally surprise us all as we haven't be linked with them all summer.

Greck

Hopefully. Though Martial's value under Mourinho will be hard to appreciate, not impossible but difficult. And both the board and the manager will get excuses if the season does not work out the way expectations are:).
Outside of Lukaku and maybe Matic, not many recent signings' values are really appreciating under Jose. Infact if a few are to be believed then Sanchez is now apparently a worse player than Perisic and Savic was supposedly better than Pogba a few months back

rpg

I think we really need Bale. He is too big a player to play one dimensional and with him on the side at least we could see flair injections and some entertaining football. Otherwise our football is quite painful too watch at times.

I would take a 80mln Bale with 10 goals and 10 assists per season over someone like Willian for 40mln and same outcomes.

Judas

Open to offers
We’re not choosing Willian over Bale though are we? If we can get Bale, we’ll get him, first choice. But it’s all gone very quiet on that front.

Fer

Bale is staying.

William would be the obvious choice. I'm not against of signing him. The problem is the money Chelsea is asking for him, we could sign Pulisic who is 10 years younger or Malcom for less than 40m.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
From these two, I'd rather have Bale over Willian.

But I'd rather have one of the following:

Douglas Costa
Leon Bailey
Ousmane Dembele
Christian Pulisic

Fer

Do you consider William a better player as a CAM or RW?

ReallyUSA

Bale is not going to leave this year. This year is his only chance to be the big dog in Madrid. Get Willian if he wants to come, and compete for league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No to both. Bale will stay at Madrid and is too injury prone. William is good but nothing special given the cost involved.

Ideally we should be signing players like Mane who are on the brink of exploding into consistent performers in the right environment. If we're unable to spot those sort of deals/players then I'd prefer a young talent on the rise like Pulisic, Malcom (gone) etc.

Velvet Revolver

No to both. Bale will stay at Madrid and is too injury prone. William is good but nothing special given the cost involved.

Ideally we should be signing players like Mane who are on the brink of exploding into consistent performers in the right environment. If we're unable to spot those sort of deals/players then I'd prefer a young talent on the rise like Pulisic, Malcom (gone) etc.
good point. We seem to be lagging behind in spotting good talented first team players

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think we will miss out on Bale again.

The consolation will be in seeing him injured half the season.

RedCurry

The price Chelsea want for Willian is extremely high, but Richarlison has just gone for 50 and Mahrez 60+ so they are within rights to demand a lot.
Of course they are within their right to ask for whatever they want but it’s delusional amount of money for William.

Richarlison is 21 years old and will maintain his monetary value for good few years. Willian is basically instant sunk cost and in general, quite a bit less talented than Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.