6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibi Dreams

I'm going to be really disappointed for him if he never wins anything with us. Such a quality player and he deserves it after leaving Bayern to come here

Brightonian

Bastian is my current favourite player and has somehow made himself my 2nd of all time after Eric in such a short time. His leadership, coolness and class should make him our captain regardless of how long he's been here. We need a captain like this.
Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

clarkydaz

"Daley said David. I thought maybe Phil Jones, but it's not for me to wear just yet."
I knew it, all part of the masterplan. comes in like a boss, large brandy in hand and is offered the captaincy. "not yet mate, finishing my brandy"

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know. It's still ridiculous. I'm ridiculing it.

How long has he been a fan of Manchester United? Schweinsteiger has played seven games for us, and he's his second favourite player of all time?
Are you the infamous Adolf Hatelove? Are you that hateful that you can't let the man love? I deeply apologize.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I know. It's still ridiculous. I'm ridiculing it.

How long has he been a fan of Manchester United? Schweinsteiger has played seven games for us, and he's his second favourite player of all time?
Its odd if he didnt like him before the transfer i give you that. Players and clubs are two different things though, its normal that you like more United players as you follow them closely but one of my favorite player of all time is a legend of Arsenal, our rival club. In your view thats probably ridiculous.

He is in my 3 favorite players from the current squad but i liked him before the transfer.

Brightonian

Its odd if he didnt like him before the transfer i give you that. Players and clubs are two different things though, its normal that you like more United players as you follow them closely but one of my favorite player of all time is a legend of Arsenal, our rival club. In your view thats probably ridiculous.
No, not at all. Probably more of my favourite players of all time are non-United than United. But saying that a player is 'one of your favourites ever' and that a player is 'one of your favourite United players ever' are completely different things. However awesome Schweinsteiger is, he's barely stepped on the pitch as a United player yet compared to any of the usual candidates.

It's a sign of the times that you'd probably get a majority of fans saying they don't much like Wayne Rooney, one of our greatest ever strikers and the heart and backbone of the club practically since we first bought him 11 years ago, but you can find fans saying Bastian Schweinsteiger is their favourite ever United player.

Šjor Bepo

It's a sign of the times that you'd probably get a majority of fans saying they don't much like Wayne Rooney, one of our greatest ever strikers and the heart and backbone of the club practically since we first bought him 11 years ago, but you can find fans saying Bastian Schweinsteiger is their favourite ever United player.
the last thing i want is start a debate about Rooney but you probably picked a wrong player for example. I get what you saying but people who dont like Rooney have good reasons(i am one of them) for that and it has nothing to do with his performances on the pitch.

Bergkamp?
yap :)

Brightonian

the last thing i want is start a debate about Rooney but you probably picked a wrong player for example. I get what you saying but people who dont like Rooney have good reasons(i am one of them) for that and it has nothing to do with his performances on the pitch.
I won't argue Rooney, I think ultimately it's no different than any other example and the 'other reasons' are superficial excuses, but it's complicated and unnecessary to argue.

Let's say Vidic instead. Vidic was as good, relatively, in his position for around the same period of time as Schweinsteiger. But Vidic did it entirely at Manchester United, whereas Schweinsteiger has done it entirely (bar seven games) at another club. You don't think it's daft that Vidic probably doesn't even come into the conversation for Von Mistelraum about his favourite United player ever but Schweinsteiger is second only to Cantona?

Jerch

Bergkamp?
Haha you just remembered me about this. I started following United pretty early when i was 6-7 years old. And one day my mom took me and my two brothers to the shop where they were selling football shirts. The seller asked me which shirt i want and i tried to tell him that i wan't Beckham's shirt but didn't even know how to pronouce it correctly and he just brought Bergkamp one (luckily national). I really don't know if i could read or not but it looked wrong that a shirt was orange so i asked if it shouldn't be red and he said to me it's national one. I said ok still thinking i bought Beckham shirt and the disapointment when i found out it is not Beckham on the back was just unreal.

Still it could be worse, Bergkamp was a class player.

Šjor Bepo

Let's say Vidic instead. Vidic was as good, relatively, in his position for around the same period of time as Schweinsteiger. But Vidic did it entirely at Manchester United, whereas Schweinsteiger has done it entirely (bar seven games) at another club. You don't think it's daft that Vidic probably doesn't even come into the conversation for Von Mistelraum about his favourite United player ever but Schweinsteiger is second only to Cantona?
But he isnt naming best players or the players that did most for the club. You dont like only best players around, everyone has different reasons for liking a player. Sheasy would probably be close to my favorite United 11 and he was never a first choice let alone for some prolonged period we are talking now.

Brightonian

But he isnt naming best players or the players that did most for the club. You dont like only best players around, everyone has different reasons for liking a player. Sheasy would probably be close to my favorite United 11 and he was never a first choice let alone for some prolonged period we are talking now.
Well, I still think it should take more than seven games for a player to become your favourite no matter what your reasons. O'Shea may not have been brilliant or ever first choice but he was here for a long fecking time, and that's integral to his 'favourite ability'.

Maybe if those seven games had been the seven knockout CL games leading up to us lifting the trophy...

Šjor Bepo

Well, I still think it should take more than seven games for a player to become your favourite no matter what your reasons. O'Shea may not have been brilliant or ever first choice but he was here for a long fecking time, and that's integral to his 'favourite ability'.

Maybe if those seven games had been the seven knockout CL games leading up to us lifting the trophy...
if he liked him before than its not odd in my book, some people need that United bond + i dont see that he mentions United in his post...just an all time favorite player along with Cantona.

Von Mistelroum

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.
Actually it's not quite as ridiculous as it might appear. You see, there's this thing called free thought.....marvelous thing it is too! Allows a person to decide on their own ideas and even little things like who their favourite footballers might be. For example, a certain, devilishly handsome person might have watched a certain player for many seasons at a certain German club and always held a certain level of regard for said player. They may have even wished, on many occasions that the player in question played for the team he supports. He might even have been known to watch rather more of this other, possibly German, team's matches simply to watch the player in question, only to find that one day, the stars had aligned in such a way that a minor miracle had occurred and that very special player had, against all odds, finally wound up at the very team that our vigilant protagonist supports.

But alas! The player had been said by some to be coming to the end of his career, past the peak of his powers and was, in fact, unable to even last a full ninety minutes on the football pitch. And yet, our hero kept the faith, feeling in his gut that signing for the world's greatest club would revitalise the player and....lo and behold! Ninety minutes were completed! Calm, classy, stylish football was played once more by the veteran, possibly German, star! The dragon was slain and at last, peace finally returned to the realm. Hang on, what was I talking about again? Ah, sod it, the point is that I believe I can decide this for myself, thanks :)

Oh, and I missed the part where you asked how long I have supported United. Well I'm 38 now and I've supported United since I was around 7-8. You know what else? My third favourite player ever never played for United :O

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You mean the same Wayne Rooney who held the club to ransom twice for a payrise, who fell out with Sir Alex Ferguson and really should've been sold but we're now stuck with him and his horrible decline in quality?

That Wayne Rooney?

fecking hell people don't like THAT Wayne Rooney? Shit the bed mate.

Heart and backbone my fecking arse.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You mean the same Wayne Rooney who held the club to ransom twice for a payrise, who fell out with Sir Alex Ferguson and really should've been sold but we're now stuck with him and his horrible decline in quality?

That Wayne Rooney?

fecking hell people don't like THAT Wayne Rooney? Shit the bed mate.

Oh no he asked to leave once. Giggs shagged his brothers missus. Keane did far worse (then Rooney I should specify, not Giggs). Rio missed a drug test and was suspended for a long time for being an idiot. Cantona was suspended for a long time for being an idiot. Footballers do stupid things. You can overlook little things when a player is going to become the all time top scorer of a club I think.

Last edited:

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Oh no he asked to leave once. Giggs shagged his brothers missus. Keane did far worse. Rio missed a drug test and was suspended for a long time for being an idiot. Cantona was suspended for a long time for being an idiot. Footballers do stupid things. You can overlook little things when a player is going to become the all time top scorer of a club I think.
Pretty sure Best wasn't a saint either? Heard so on here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty sure Best wasn't a saint either? Heard so on here.
Yep. Law and Schemeichel actually played for City as well. Ronaldo left after 6 years. Yet Rooney because he had a little fall out but ended up staying anyway and is set to become our all time leading goal scorer has people hate him because he dared ask for a raise. Drama queens on here ffs.

suheilsworld

It's been a distant dream come true to see BFS in United colors. Admired him since so long and now playing with us. It's surreal and exciting. Hope we can get the best out of him and he goes to Giggsy way of prolonging his career.

Brightonian

You can hate him all you want, but whatever may have happened during those falling-outs, no-one with eyes could question that for the vast majority of his time with us that has been true on the pitch. Fans can be very precious, but ask the players who has been the heart of this team for all those years and you'd get a unanimous answer.

Brightonian

Yep. Law and Schemeichel actually played for City as well. Ronaldo left after 6 years. Yet Rooney because he had a little fall out but ended up staying anyway and is set to become our all time leading goal scorer has people hate him because he dared ask for a raise. Drama queens on here ffs.
Quite.

Arsenal 3:0 Man Utd

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Everyone else's thread seems to have been bumped, surprised this one hasn't.

One of the main reasons for the gaping hole in our midfield, why the feck does he keep pushing up in his own?

Horrendous so far.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You could actually see him pleading to the bench for us to make a change. He's having a shocker not being helped out by Carrick and Rooney either though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's not having a great game at CF/AM/LW/RW ... shame he's not playing Centre Midfield though as he'd be quite useful there.

ZDwyr

Him and Rooney look like they swapped positions. Was caught up the field far too often.

Bojan11

One of the main reasons for the gaping hole in our midfield, why the feck does he keep pushing up in his own?

Horrendous so far.
Must have been instructed to by Van Gaal.

His worst performance for us.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He's not the problem, he's actually running around like a midfielder should whilst Carrick and Rooney plod around like idiots. Not that I expect Neville to make a fuss about that. Schweinsteiger drops deeper than Carrick when we have the ball and presses higher than Rooney when we don't have it, it's not his fault he's trying to play 3 positions by himself.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's not the problem, he's actually running around like a midfielder should whilst Carrick and Rooney plod around like idiots. Not that I expect Neville to make a fuss about that. Schweinsteiger drops deeper than Carrick when we have the ball and presses higher than Rooney when we don't have it, it's not his fault he's trying to play 3 positions by himself.
It is when one of them isn't central midfield.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Horrendous so far.
Possibly because Rooney and Memphis aren't closing anyone down. They're just watching the game happen. Schweinsteiger is doing Rooney's job for him, which I'm not excusing him for, because it leaves too much space in behind.

Schweinsteiger should play as the advanced midfielder, and Carrick and Schneiderlin can sit. Rooney should go off because he's not really offering anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.