Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The best midfielder in the league buy a mile. Hope we sign a few more Germans Hummels Reus Muller would be nice!

The Purley King

He is what a proper midfielder looks like.
Really hope we start him against Arsenal, we look much better with him in the team.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I love how as soon as he gets on the pitch he starts dictating everything, pointing everywhere, being vocal, proper leader and looks like he's been here for years.

RedFish

He is what a proper midfielder looks like.
Really hope we start him against Arsenal, we look much better with him in the team.
I love how as soon as he gets on the pitch he starts dictating everything, pointing everywhere, being vocal, proper leader and looks like he's been here for years.
That's what you get when you buy the Germany captain. :)

Ringo 07

Schweini might just go on to be my favorite footballer of all time...A mix of Keane and Scholes even though he perhaps is not 100% the warrior he once was but still world class - he's a monster on the pitch and a true gentleman off it.....I just love him.....I would have him 1000 times ahead of Giggs as our next manager when Van Gaal quits...He just looks like someone who has the personality to be a monster manager if he ever chooses to go down that path and he'd be able to sign a lot of top German kids along the way too

izec

Schweini might just go on to be my favorite footballer of all time...A mix of Keane and Scholes even though he perhaps is not 100% the warrior he once was but still world class - he's a monster on the pitch and a true gentleman off it.....I just love him.....I would have him 1000 times ahead of Giggs as our next manager when Van Gaal quits...He just looks like someone who has the personality to be a monster manager if he ever chooses to go down that path and he'd be able to sign a lot of top German kids along the way too
I think he will end up at Bayern at some point eventually, in the sporting or management department.

We need an rvn

Agreeing with what so many of us are saying - we all knew he was a top player but had no idea the character of the man and truly happy we have him in squad. Absolutely no doubt he's already one of the leaders and how he speaks of helping the kids and young players to make the best of their talents and careers is brilliant for united but speaks volumes about the man too.

Not saying the likes of Carrick etc aren't doing this as well but just happy that someone like his has taken such an interest in the club and players, a lot of players his age would move for one big pay cheque and not do what he's doing for us

No wonder bayern fans were so sad to see him leave.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Haven't bought a kit since RVP in 2012, but if anyone is worth it, its schweinsteiger. Got the home kit. Can't wait :drool:

keener

I've rated Schweinsteiger at 7.5 so far on this site this year which reflects my optimism and admiration with what he brings to the squad. There is no player in the club that is more vital to our performances. I think he's been "managed" a good bit so far... working him into the club and into LVG's vision of "fitness". I think if he will stay healthy and show energy for 90 minutes, that he'll start getting the lion's share of minutes for one of the holding mid spots. Good Lord I hope so!!! He is a monster for us!

With a potential 60 fixture schedule... I know LVG will be careful not to burn BFS out but he needs to be on the pitch on every big game!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Just had a good chuckle.
On Schweiny's instagram, there's a picture of him and Rooney warming up, and one of the comments says:

Hey bustin make pls make rooney strong like you are
:lol: Not sure what I find more funny.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Usually when we buy a player (especially high profile ones), it takes about a season or so to sink in that he's one of "ours". I love RVP for what he did for us in 12-13, but for that whole season I couldn't shake the weird feeling that he wasn't really a Manchester United player; I associated him so much with Arsenal. I felt like that with Mata until last season too right.

But with Schweinsteiger, for some reason seeing him in our kit clicked with me instantly. This is the fastest I've felt this way about a new player since Carrick in 2006.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Usually when we buy a player (especially high profile ones), it takes about a season or so to sink in that he's one of "ours". I love RVP for what he did for us in 12-13, but for that whole season I couldn't shake the weird feeling that he wasn't really a Manchester United player; I associated him so much with Arsenal. I felt like that with Mata until last season too right.

But with Schweinsteiger, for some reason seeing him in our kit clicked with me instantly. This is the fastest I've felt this way about a new player since Carrick in 2006.
Yeah, same here. I think that's partly down to his role as midfield general being mainly down to our current manager. Reminds me of the Keane-Fergie dynamic, where a player is the manager's embodiment on the pitch.

keener

I think he'll dominate this game today. I hope the ball touches his feet a LOT!!!

He looks to be settling into a box-to-box role for us and with his and Blind's passing coming from the back and midfield, I'm hopeful we'll sharpen our attack.

Last edited:

Kazi

Guy's still got some B2B juice left in the tank. Game is poised for him to score the winner from distance.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Poor Arnold must have been shittin his pants when Schweinsteiger was having a go at him :lol:

Devil may care

I think he got frustrated at the lack of options our #10 gives him as he's always too close to him. Not sure why we brought him off as we lost our composure without him, hope it's not a knock.

Ixion

I think if Carrick has a knock then we really need Schweinsteiger for Arsenal on Sunday so he was taken off to keep him fresh.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Very good, we fell apart when he came off.

Blackwidow

Van Gaal just said on German TV said he did not think that Bastian played good today and that he subbed him because of that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Van Gaal just said on German TV said he did not think that Bastian played good today and that he subbed him because of that.
Its hard to understand our manager sometimes..

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Tell me that's a joke?!

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not really, Bastian was frustrated with himself. Our midfield was very open the whole match.

It's just a blip. Even God has to take Sunday off. Our fussballgott will be alright.
Must have been watching a different match. Apart for the first 10 minutes we dominated them with Bastian being at the heart of it all.

InfiniteBoredom

I'm watching the game again at the moment, it's the 30th min mark and we were controlling squats in midfield.

In a way, it's not really his fault, Wolfsburg bypassed the midfield a lot by going down the wings and played lots of long balls down the middle.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I'm watching the game again at the moment, it's the 30th min mark and we were controlling squats in midfield.

In a way, it's not really his fault, Wolfsburg bypassed the midfield a lot by going down the wings and played lots of long balls down the middle.
I think it's about where you are now we start taking over the game, then once he gets subbed off they get back into the game.

Eriku

We've been missing what he brings. He's got a big footballing brain, great passing range, he gets stuck in, his technique is flawless, and he carries the ball. We've not seen all of those attributes in a single player for a good long while. We can count on him to tackle, to speed or slow down play, to cut open defences, and to retain the ball well in a tight spot.

I expected no less from a Weltmeister, but boy is it refreshing.

Skåre Willoch

I actually agree with this to an extent.

Basti was brilliant through 60-70% of his time on the pitch, being an absolute boss. But he also made som horrible decisions at times, and they could have cost us three points.

Status
Not open for further replies.