Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
No doubt but we have a must win game during the week, I think he should be 100% for that.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Yeah I'd say rest him.

Play Schneiderlin and Carrick, then get Schwein on for Carrick for the last 20-30 minutes.

ZDwyr

Definitely should rest him. Maybe a little cameo at the end, but I want him for Wolfsburg.

NK86

Schneiderlin and Herrera for Southampton, Carrick and Bastian for Wolfsburg.
Assume you meant Sunderland.

I think we will lack legs in midfield with a Carrick-BFS combo. Would like Herrera and Carrick against Sunderland with BFS-Schneiderlin against Wolfsburg.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Assume you meant Sunderland.

I think we will lack legs in midfield with a Carrick-BFS combo. Would like Herrera and Carrick against Sunderland with BFS-Schneiderlin against Wolfsburg.
I really liked Schweinsteiger and Carrick together against Liverpool (true it was only Liverpool, but still) - I think Bastian has enough running in him, and combined they're easily the most intelligent football midfield in all the land.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't think he'll be rested and rightly so.

He's 31, not 36 and it's early in the season still where they're match fit and working towards peak fitness. Playing games will help that. It's not like he's been played to exhaustion recently and we don't play til Wednesday. The more he plays, the more he'll settle into a rhythm, we don't need to think about managing his game time like that until we start hitting 3 games in 8 or 9 days over Christmas.

NK86

I really liked Schweinsteiger and Carrick together against Liverpool (true it was only Liverpool, but still) - I think Bastian has enough running in him, and combined they're easily the most intelligent football midfield in all the land.
I just feel we might get overrun with those two there. Much like how Scholes and Carrick were both technically brilliant but we kept getting mauled in midfield. Need someone like Schneiderlin to add bite. IMO Carrick and Herrera would work really well together as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just feel we might get overrun with those two there. Much like how Scholes and Carrick were both technically brilliant but we kept getting mauled in midfield. Need someone like Schneiderlin to add bite. IMO Carrick and Herrera would work really well together as well.
I'm not familiar with that ever being a "thing". Who exactly kept mauling us?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Certainly did last season

NK86

I'm not familiar with that ever being a "thing". Who exactly kept mauling us?
Every half-decent team who strolled through our midfield, which is why everyone on here were craving for midfielders.

NK86

Scholes and Carrick got overrun because we played a less compact system. Rio and co would drop much deeper than we do now and leave big holes in midfield.
I agree but a lot of that had to do with neither Scholes (at that age) and Carrick having the legs close teams down.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The Wolfsburg game is very important after our loss in the first game. If he can play only one game then I'd want him to play that one.

Crustanoid

I think he's my new favourite player.

In fact, I'm sure we've not had as many genuinely admirable players for quite a few years

ice-bionic red

I don't think he'll be rested and rightly so.

He's 31, not 36 and it's early in the season still where they're match fit and working towards peak fitness. Playing games will help that. It's not like he's been played to exhaustion recently and we don't play til Wednesday. The more he plays, the more he'll settle into a rhythm, we don't need to think about managing his game time like that until we start hitting 3 games in 8 or 9 days over Christmas.
Just turned 31 when he signed too! Agree he should play, he's coming into match form and fitness so he'll only get better! Wow! :)

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He plays like a real boss on the pitch, and class above everyone else.

ChaddyP

Can't believe some didn't want him here. Madness. I was through the roof when it was confirmed. I would have taken him even @ 35 years old. He was one of my favourite non United player. He's now probably my favourite United player.

Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger.... Can you believe it :drool:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's 2 steps ahead of everyone on the pitch just like Scholes.

The ipswich game was just too easy for him.

Man Utd 3:0 Sunderland

bubbles_

Extremely noticeable when he's not on the pitch. I understand he's being saved for other games but we really miss him when he's not playing. Imagine if we wouldn't have signed him?

RedRevongge

Extremely noticeable when he's not on the pitch. I understand he's being saved for other games but we really miss him when he's not playing. Imagine if we wouldn't have signed him?
Or if we'd signed him five years ago :drool:

kiristao

Around the 80th min he was in a tight spot but some quick feet helped him get out of it and he played a wonderful ball to Valencia who was in acres of space. Was beautiful to watch..

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Quite simply a master craftsman what a player. No wonder Germany are so good. Hope LVGs army has more Germans in it next year (Hummels/Reus/Muller)

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Around the 80th min he was in a tight spot but some quick feet helped him get out of it and he played a wonderful ball to Valencia who was in acres of space. Was beautiful to watch..
Quality bit of composure and skill.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Have people forgotten 06/07 already?

arthurka

I always knew he was great but having him playing here makes him ten times better.. Deutscher Fußballmeister par xelance..

Cina

Have people forgotten 06/07 already?
They played really well together when Scholes came back from retirement too, didn't they?

Carrick and Scholes was the best midfield combination we've had in many a year. If we get a partnership that good going, I'll be very happy.

NK86

They played really well together when Scholes came back from retirement too, didn't they?

Carrick and Scholes was the best midfield combination we've had in many a year. If we get a partnership that good going, I'll be very happy.
We were crying for a midfielder because Scholes had lost his legs and Carrick was never the terrier type. We regularly got run over in midfield by mediocre teams.

Trizy

It's amazing watching a player like Sweinsteiger when he plays for you then you only realize how good he is. I haven't watched much of Bayern in recent years apart from the CL and even at that you generally don't take notice of everyone on the pitch as you would do if its your own team.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Schweinsteiger is like a hybrid of Scholes and Keane. Has the passing range, technical ability of Scholes. Has the engine/boxtobox drive of Keane as well as some of the leadership qualities. Can run the game from deep, can get forward to supplement attacks. He's a joy to watch. I'm interested to see if he can add goals to his game, had a decent record at Bayern.

Bosws87

He makes the game look incredibly simple, the best way i can describe him on the pitch.

A pleasure to watch live always in space and never looks rushed!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I have to hold my hands up and say he has been an absolute mile better than I expected. Whilst I didnt think he would do badly for us, I had big doubts around his age and injury record but he has been absolutely dominating the midfield. Very much a complete midfielder - imagine if we had thrown the kitchen sink at Bayern and got him 5 years ago or so, could well have been the difference between us bagging another CL or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.