g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Bastian Schweinsteiger image 31

Bastian Schweinsteiger Germany flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's better off the pitch than struggling on here

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He might be pretty much risking his career staying on. Feel sorry for him.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
What happened? Anyone got a gif? I can't watch the game.

/edit: found it in the match thread

acnumber9

he takes way too many risks. Even in our box he dribbles past other strikers. As for forward, he gets into the box way too much for a DM
There isn't a defensive midfielder in the league who couldn't replicate his passing range.

acnumber9

you are entitled to your opinion, but no way has he been poor and undeserving of start.
But you think Van Gaal is doing a good job so we obviously expect vastly different things on the football pitch.

prath92

But you think Van Gaal is doing a good job so we obviously expect vastly different things on the football pitch.
I dont think he is doing a good job at all. I just like winning however we do it. And I choose not to cry all the time like you as well even at the smallest of things

acnumber9

I dont think he is doing a good job at all. I just like winning however we do it. And I choose not to cry all the time like you as well even at the smallest of things
Who's crying? If you think Schweinsteiger has been good then knock yourself out but you've already proven you have a lower standard of what you want to see from Utd. If you like watching a clearly unfit player plodding about the pitch playing nothing but the simplest pass available then that's up to you.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Thought it was one of his better games, intercepted passes well, supported the attacks and moved the ball crisply. Not his fault that LvG picked a team with no wingers against a side fully content with parking the bus. Him and Ander were at times occupying the same positions and Fellaini started popping up on the flanks.

Devil may care

Hopefully the knee was just jarred, I thought it was going to be the ligaments when they showed the replay, it bent right back. I imagine he'll definitely rest out the Newcastle game.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

He was a bit meh. We seem to be better with him in the team but he doesn't really do a lot.

iKeano

I'm continually underwhelmed by him. The quality is there but I think LVG is really stifling him as he seems to be playing by numbers instead of just playing.

Donut

LVG: "Everyone thought it was his ankle, except for me, I knew it was his knee." :lol:

prath92

Who's crying? If you think Schweinsteiger has been good then knock yourself out but you've already proven you have a lower standard of what you want to see from Utd. If you like watching a clearly unfit player plodding about the pitch playing nothing but the simplest pass available then that's up to you.
I guess you must probably be blind if you think thats what he does most games. Our 2 goals in the previous swansea game involved a good contribution from him for instance. He can play better but he is the only one among our midfielders who try something. I guess someone like you wont be happy if Messi makes a back pass too and will probably doubt his abiities

acnumber9

I guess you must probably be blind if you think thats what he does most games. Our 2 goals in the previous swansea game involved a good contribution from him for instance. He can play better but he is the only one among our midfielders who try something. I guess someone like you wont be happy if Messi makes a back pass too and will probably doubt his abiities
He most certainly does not try things. What are you watching? He's the most unambitious passer I think I've seen play regularly in our midfield. The end of your post shows how weak your point is.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
LVG: "Everyone thought it was his ankle, except for me, I knew it was his knee." :lol:
This guy always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. But he doesn't know he's the butt of everyone's jokes.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Is there any chance of seeing him in the team on Sunday?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
If ever there was a single sentence to describe Van Gaal's need to appear special and clever, this is it.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I do not want to be disrespectful towards Schweini but I guess from nowadays Point of view there won`t be too many Bayern supporters still thinking it was wrong to sell him.
There has already been some critics during the past years that he tends to slow down the Play of Bayern. Others have been calling this "calming down the game".
I still think he was worth the Price we paid but it is very clear that he does not solve any of our real Problems.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I do not want to be disrespectful towards Schweini but I guess from nowadays Point of view there won`t be too many Bayern supporters still thinking it was wrong to sell him.
There has already been some critics during the past years that he tends to slow down the Play of Bayern. Others have been calling this "calming down the game".
I still think he was worth the Price we paid but it is very clear that he does not solve any of our real Problems.
The "real problem" IMO is our attack. There's no way Schneiderlin, Carrick and Schweinsteiger can't play passes Henderson, Lucas and Can, can. (can can can can)

Shark

@NotShark
The "real problem" IMO is our attack. There's no way Schneiderlin, Carrick and Schweinsteiger can't play passes Henderson, Lucas and Can, can. (can can can can)
Our attack is capable of much better movement and counter attacking football. The problem on a whole are the tactics LVG has been instilling. They turn our midfielders into reserved robots and our attackers into indecisive muppets, because they seem to be almost afriad of making that key pass, shot or run. They are all better than that, I don't care what anyone says.

NotQuiteManc

Now that Mata is not in first 11 anymore probably Schweiny would try making those long range passes with Martial and Lingard making the runs. Probably Rooney too now that he is in scoring form.

finneh

Just like with Schneiderlin, I'd like to see him with Herrera next to him (or in a 4-1-4-1 formation). I think it's difficult for any deep midfield player to make a difference offensively (which is where both players are struggling) when there's such a huge gap between the two holding players and everyone else, with little pace and movement. Nine times out of ten they have 3 options: play it out to our full backs, play it back to our defenders or hoof it upfield.

I think the following would benefit our whole team (although the tactics would have to be more progressive to match):

_____Schwein/Schneid
Depay Herrera Mata Martial
________Rooney

or

Schwein/Schneid Herrera
Depay Mata Martial
_______Rooney

Likewise I think Mata having Herrera, Martial and Depay around him would benefit us hugely. Unfortunately I think Van Gaal wants a much more defensive setup that this, even at Old Trafford against mediocre opposition.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Now that Mata is not in first 11 anymore probably Schweiny would try making those long range passes with Martial and Lingard making the runs. Probably Rooney too now that he is in scoring form.
Mata hit a dodgy patch of form and was dropped, rightly, but he will be back in soon as he is still our most creative player.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mata hit a dodgy patch of form and was dropped, rightly, but he will be back in soon as he is still our most creative player.
And that's the problem! If Mata is our most creative player we are in a bad way as he's stone average!

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
And that's the problem! If Mata is our most creative player we are in a bad way as he's stone average!
I don't agree. Nor I think would most fans who have seen what Mata can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.