Gaming Batman Arkham Knight

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
All true. And the actual mechanics of the Batmobile weren't bad, especially when you got to fly around tunnels or Tokyo drift through Gotham. But at least the combat system allows the user to approach those repetative scenarios however they wish. And the better you are, the cooler shit you can do. The drone/cobra missions have to literally be approached in the same uniform manner. "Bang bang bang bang - strafe - bang bang - strafe - machine gun a missile - strafe - bang bang - oh thank feck I can use my missiles now!" And for a casual gamer who doesn't particularly relish the achievement of arduous grind, they got annoying.

Though I admit complaining about a £50 game giving me too much shit to do is a pretty weak. It certainly delivered bang for it's buck.

Also, the Batwing was a fecking tease. Gotham was in the midst of it's greatest peril, with - at one point - the whole of street level out of bounds, and he only used it as an elite personal DHL. I hate it when rich people just have shit for shit's sake. feck you Batman. You tit.

Last edited:

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
How do I activate the knightfall protocol? I've already completed the main story and 8 of the most wanted missions, yet I don't see the activate knightfall protocol option in the mission select menu.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Dying to play this, but I don't have a PS4 nor the time to get into games right now. Already had the Arkham Knight character spoiled to me (which did not surprise me much) and I have a subscription to the Arkham Knight: Genesis comic books which I can't start to read because of spoilers. aargh!

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Developers admit the game is too broken to fix for PC. FFS.

Can't even get a refund since it came free with my graphics card. Wonder if I can dispute it with NVidea or MSI or Scan that I bought the card specifically for the game, as I could have purchased the card elsewhere and get a different game.

caid

Developers admit the game is too broken to fix for PC. FFS.

Can't even get a refund since it came free with my graphics card. Wonder if I can dispute it with NVidea or MSI or Scan that I bought the card specifically for the game, as I could have purchased the card elsewhere and get a different game.
Have you actually tried playing it recently?
Its broken for many but its worked fine from release for me.

Just got lucky I guess.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
As the wife is away for a couple of weeks finally played this and completed it (minus the fecking Riddler trophies - feck that). Felt quite let down. Whilst the story was good and there were some jump moments that nearly made me crap my pants, the over-reliance on the batmobile got frustrating and very repetitive. By the end I was sick and tired of bloody tank fight after tank fight and it controlled really flimsy. As opposed to my usual reaction of wanting more from finishing a game I like, I was actually quite relieved it ended.

NM

I'm one riddler trophy away from 100%.. the map says it is in the "Future of Gotham" building or under it.. but I can't find it for the life of me. Any help?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really enjoyed this, and a lot more than I expected myself to.

I was disappointed by the second one, especially the final stretch, and that probably lowered my expectations, but Arkham Knight is a strong comeback IMO.

Part of the magic, I'll admit, for me, is that this is the first game I played on my PS4, and hence, the graphics themselves had me gripped to a fair degree.

But even that aside, I thought the way the game brought together various characters, side-stories, and the main story-line (possibly the strongest of the series IMO), without it becoming caricature-ish, was great. And at the end of the day, it was a lot of fun to play as Batman, which is the main thing.

I'll partly agree with

The fecking Batmobile missions.
in that they definitely could have been more interesting, and I found myself semi-groaning at the start of every mission that involved me against 20 other vehicles. But effect of that was lessened, for me at least, by it appearing to be such an excruciatingly bad idea in the first hour of the game, and then ending up as "not thaat bad after all" as the game wore on.

Bwuk

Really enjoyed this, and a lot more than I expected myself to.

I was disappointed by the second one, especially the final stretch, and that probably lowered my expectations, but Arkham Knight is a strong comeback IMO.

Part of the magic, I'll admit, for me, is that this is the first game I played on my PS4, and hence, the graphics themselves had me gripped to a fair degree.

But even that aside, I thought the way the game brought together various characters, side-stories, and the main story-line (possibly the strongest of the series IMO), without it becoming caricature-ish, was great. And at the end of the day, it was a lot of fun to play as Batman, which is the main thing.

I'll partly agree with

in that they definitely could have been more interesting, and I found myself semi-groaning at the start of every mission that involved me against 20 other vehicles. But effect of that was lessened, for me at least, by it appearing to be such an excruciatingly bad idea in the first hour of the game, and then ending up as "not thaat bad after all" as the game wore on.
Really? Looking back I think this is worse than Knight or Asylum. Predictable storyline. Still a great game, but not as good as previous efforts.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really? Looking back I think this is worse than Knight or Asylum. Predictable storyline. Still a great game, but not as good as previous efforts.
Been ages since Asylum, but Arkham City's storyline annoyed me. The Ra's Al Ghul bit was over the top, the ending was cartooney and I can't quite recall, but the Dr. Strange angle didn't quite work for me either.

b82REZ

Still gr

Still great, very good story, I'm over 53% in now.
Technically a sound game and had it been the first of its kind it would have been amazing, unfortunately it's predecessors were much better and didn't rely on an unnecessary gimmick to try and show innovation.

The Batmobile killed it for me, so much so I never went back to do the dlc.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The tank battles and the developers forcing the batmobile down the players throat really fecked me off about this game as well as the fact there there are no really good boss battles like in the rest of the series (boss battles were my favourite things about the Arkham series).

I know there's a DLC pack but I've moved on from the game now.

caid

It being unplayable for months soured my opinion of it.
It was good, previous games were better though imo.

Ainu

The Batmobile and tank battles were great at first, became slightly tedious after several hours and ended up becoming a gruesome chore later on. Mopping up all the remaining side activities to achieve the full ending killed all the fun.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Batmobile became really annoying. Arkham Asylum remains my favourite of the series.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I loved the batmobile fights tbh. Much different from the thousand hanging from gargoyle fights in previous games but I also like blowing shit to pieces so to each his own.

izzydiggler

Killed some time over Christmas and the core game is great but probably the worst of the Arkham games, maybe due to overfamiliarity...only notable change was the Batmobile but the shoehorned tedium of being forced to use it, just killed the momentum for me.

I agree with the above poster - Arkham Asylum/City stand as 2 of the best last-gen games and this one barely registers.

Ainu

I disagree, it's a very good game, can't think of 5 games better than it from this generation.
I think "nowhere near top 5" was too strongly worded, but I certainly don't support your earlier claim that it would've been the best this gen without the tank battles. Personal preferences aside it's probably among the best 10 games this gen, give or take, but it's not even a contest against the elite games like The Witcher 3 or Uncharted 4.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I think "nowhere near top 5" was too strongly worded, but I certainly don't support your earlier claim that it would've been the best this gen without the tank battles. Personal preferences aside it's probably among the best 10 games this gen, give or take, but it's not even a contest against the elite games like The Witcher 3 or Uncharted 4.
I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, but I prefer this kind of games over the witcher 3.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Downloaded this to try with the £1 Game Pass. First thoughts are I wish the city was a living city and not fecked.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Go play Spiderman, ya pansy!!
I'm on Xbox :(

I really like the style of the city in Batman, just not so much the way they chose to give it us.
It makes it feel a bit lifeless, and there's just loads of random bad guys spawning.

Maybe I just need to play it some more.

Eriku

I'm on Xbox :(

I really like the style of the city in Batman, just not so much the way they chose to give it us.
It makes it feel a bit lifeless, and there's just loads of random bad guys spawning.

Maybe I just need to play it some more.
Yeah, Gotham’s pretty much a war zone.

For the record, I much preferred Arkham Knight over Spiderman.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Probably needs a new thread but can probably wait for the full reveal for that.

Could be awesome.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I like the idea of being the baddies and taking on the Justice League. From what I remember Harley played well in the Arkham DLCs.

Bojan11

It’s apparently rumoured to be GaaS game with online coop.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It’s apparently rumoured to be GaaS game with online coop.
Boo!
Concerning B: Arkham Knight, I may check it out again. Haven't played a decent game in ages and I've practically forgotten the plot in the game anyway so my attention span should last quite long. :D

Bojan11

Feck sake. This shit is gonna pollute the next gen.
Expected it really if you look at their hiring positions in last few years. Then you see what the Avengers game is doing and I expect this to be similar to that. It will have single player elements, but main focus will be ability to play with your friends.

Just hope they don’t do any bullshit exclusive character deals.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Expected it really if you look at their hiring positions in last few years. Then you see what the Avengers game is doing and I expect this to be similar to that. It will have single player elements, but main focus will be ability to play with your friends.

Just hope they don’t do any bullshit exclusive character deals.
Well that's annoying as I hate online games.