Gaming Batman Arkham Knight

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Where? I finished mine yesterday and I'm kind of in the same boat. Apparently the are two more parts to the story to reveal by doing side missions, but I'm thinking I should just get rid now while the value is still there.

With that being said, it was a bloody brilliant experience. I just think the side missions are too repetitive.
Did it at Game. They price matched CeX's trade in value and then beat it by £1.

Woodzy

Did it at Game. They price matched CeX's trade in value and then beat it by £1.
Wow, that is incredibly high for Game! In fact, it's more than I paid for it since I traded in Pro Evo and Dead Rising 3. I might do the same. I have the DLC codes that came with it which are unused, can I used those to increase price also?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wow, that is incredibly high for Game! In fact, it's more than I paid for it since I traded in Pro Evo and Dead Rising 3. I might do the same. I have the DLC codes that came with it which are unused, can I used those to increase price also?
No I don't think that makes any difference. Might be better if you try selling them on eBay, if they're not included in the trade in it won't matter.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
All aspects of the game should be fun but the Riddler trophies and missions and just tedious and frustrating.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Have to say

I'm surprised there's no complaints about the Joker's inclusion. It was actually quite needless and all it did was make the big twist ending really obvious to everyone. To me it said that they didn't feel confident they could do a game without the Joker included. I always enjoy hearing Hamill voice that character but really it could have done without.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
May trade it in myself when I get the chance one i've done it, can't see me going back to replay it.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Got this today and Im up to the ACE factory part. Pretty good game so far...batmobile can be hard to use

Red Stone

Have to say

I'm surprised there's no complaints about the Joker's inclusion. It was actually quite needless and all it did was make the big twist ending really obvious to everyone. To me it said that they didn't feel confident they could do a game without the Joker included. I always enjoy hearing Hamill voice that character but really it could have done without.
Batman got poisoned with Joker's blood in the beginning of Arkham City, though. I guess they could have had that part pan out differently, but I thought the internal struggle with the Joker corruption tied in nicely with Scarecrow's whole fear schtick. It didn't feel forced to me, at least.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Think this is my favourite Batman game along with Asylum. City was way overrated imo

Graphics are fantastic on PS4 and I'm now finding the Batmobile to be very fun

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Batman got poisoned with Joker's blood in the beginning of Arkham City, though. I guess they could have had that part pan out differently, but I thought the internal struggle with the Joker corruption tied in nicely with Scarecrow's whole fear schtick. It didn't feel forced to me, at least.
Completely agree with this. Batman's fear was not just for safety of his friends, but also what could happen if he turns into Joker. Plus any batman game without Joker is incomplete. I quite enjoyed the Matrix style beatdown in the alleyway.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Completely agree with this. Batman's fear was not just for safety of his friends, but also what could happen if he turns into Joker. Plus any batman game without Joker is incomplete. I quite enjoyed the Matrix style beatdown in the alleyway.
Just saw a youtube video of the beatdown and wow the number of people who cant get past this sequence. Its probably the easiest fight in this game.

Marksy7

thinking of trading it in myself got 2 mines left to find and then its only the riddler trophies which are annoying. without the trade in match with CEX game are offering £27

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I was told that Batman: Arkham Origins was a completely different game to the trilogy of Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight... is that wrong? I was told it was made by a different manufacturer and is a different story, but according to Wikipedia it's the third out of 4 installments of the Arkham series.

Am I going to have to play Arkham Origins to enjoy Arkham Knight? I'm already playing Arkham Asylum (soon to be followed by Arkham City) to try and catch up!

gaz1185

I was told that Batman: Arkham Origins was a completely different game to the trilogy of Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight... is that wrong? I was told it was made by a different manufacturer and is a different story, but according to Wikipedia it's the third out of 4 installments of the Arkham series.

Am I going to have to play Arkham Origins to enjoy Arkham Knight? I'm already playing Arkham Asylum (soon to be followed by Arkham City) to try and catch up!
It's true, Arkham Origins was made by Warner Bros. Games & it was classed as a prequel. Arkham Knight is the true sequel to Arkham City and was once again made by Rocksteady like the first two. You wouldn't have to play Origins to enjoy it, I don't think you'd need to play any of them tbh, but that's just my opinion.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10

Origins will have no bearing on your understanding or enjoyment of Arkham Knight at all.

Origins was made by a different developer and was actually more a prequel to Asylum or City. Origins also doesn't have Conroy or Hamill voicing Batman and the Joker.

ps I'll never get 100%, I hate the riddler challenges, they're so boring and there's so many of them, just don't have the time.

Lennon7

Origins will have no bearing on your understanding or enjoyment of Arkham Knight at all.

Origins was made by a different developer and was actually more a prequel to Asylum or City. Origins also doesn't have Conroy or Hamill voicing Batman and the Joker.

ps I'll never get 100%, I hate the riddler challenges, they're so boring and there's so many of them, just don't have the time.
That's great to know... spent too much money on games lately :lol:
Looks like wiki is wrong again then, it says it's the third game in a four game series.
Cheers @gaz1185 too.

bigredmachine

Running smooth
This game is giving me really weird dreams, is this happening for anyone else? I'm going to quit playing it for sometime.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
This game is giving me really weird dreams, is this happening for anyone else? I'm going to quit playing it for sometime.
Has happened to me once or twice, mainly due to the fact I played it for 2 or 3 hours before bed, and my head was full of it.

Just at around 55% storyline wise. Doing the side missions now to prolong the game. The last military checkpoint and road bomb on founders is annoying the shit out of me, then I went off to complete the last part of the murder people from out of town....that is something else too. I haven't broken a Xbox one controller yet, but I have come damn Feckin close thanks to those :lol:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Just at around 55% storyline wise. Doing the side missions now to prolong the game. The last military checkpoint and road bomb on founders is annoying the shit out of me,
That's pretty much where i'm up to as well. Those last two side missions are a real pain in the arse. Hope you get them sorted without throwing your controller through your telly.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
That's pretty much where i'm up to as well. Those last two side missions are a real pain in the arse. Hope you get them sorted without throwing your controller through your telly.
Ha yes I hope so! Road bomb I'll do later, I'll just upgrade the batmobile as much as possible and then re-do it. Bit of practice with the 50mm and I'll get the advantage.

Patience needed for the military checkpoint alright though, just one delay and you get spotted by military or them damn guns.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The riddle side missions are a major pain. The PS4 controller is too beautiful a piece of hardware for me to be banging around.

Whenever I destroy those drones I have weird PTSD symptoms. Now I can totally understand how soldiers lose their shit after returning from battle seeing all that carnage.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Ha yes I hope so! Road bomb I'll do later, I'll just upgrade the batmobile as much as possible and then re-do it. Bit of practice with the 50mm and I'll get the advantage.
The duel clone helped me sort this tricky mission out. I didn't find it that difficult compared to some others I've just found. AS you said, the last checkpoint is seriously tough, the serial killer finale is pretty tough too and I gave up on the last stage of the cloudburst bit last night, that was so annoying! Yet like most of the missions, it's easy to see how you can do them straight away, that makes it even more frustrating. You definitely need a little luck with all of them, I think.

Anyone notice you can actually hear Lex Luthor's voice in the game?
Yeah, he also leaves messages on your answerphone in Wayne Towers. There are so many nods to other batman characters and DC Universe heroes/villains, it's hard to spot them all.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Lack of variety in side quests i.e do one thing then to it 3-4 times again, lack of boss fights and overuse of the batmobile makes this an 8.0/10 game for me. Still really fun though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So, what's your interpretations of the 100% ending?

I personally interpreted the new batman is Jason for two reasons:

1. The new Batman very likely uses the scare toxin to intimidate the thugs.
2. When Bruce Wayne was saying his goodbyes, he says that the city needs a batman that is willing to be a lot more lethal than he can afford to be while indicating through the storyline that neither Tim or Grayson are right for it. Jason on the other hand has proven himself capable of organizing and managing a militia while going through the punishment of Joker's brutality before emerging from it to help capture Crane.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
What a bloody time for the game to glitch. 73% main story

protecting Ivy's plant as it matures. I destroyed all the tanks first time, game glitches and doesn't lead me to Arkham Knight after he says I need to meet/battle him. I've had to quit out and give another 3 goes, now I can't kill all the tanks. Bloody typical!

GBBQ

I'm right at the part where @Mr Anderson is glitching. Thoughts so far is that its an engrossing storyline and looks fabulous but the actual gameplay is just too repetitive and formulaic. There's been little in the way of evolution from Arkham Asylum for fight mechanics and what was amazing then is a little stale now. In fairness its probably because Asylum was revolutionary in what it offered but still it would have been nice for something new in the hand to hand combat.

The batmobile is an interesting addition to the overall gameplay but the tank battles wear out their welcome very quickly. While its good that its not just a cut scene mode of transport, I dont think they needed to have so many tank battles!

The side quests give the game legs to last longer but as @DatIrishFella says you end up having to do the same thing over and over again so i'm not all that certain I will see all of them through, the riddler trophies in particular just frustrate me. Others just annoy me - like how the opera killer's victims all have one uniquely distinguishing feature per scan level.

In terms of the Arkham Knight; I haven't had the big reveal yet but:

With so much focus on Jason Todd its got to be him. The clues have been about as subtle as a sledgehammer. Whether i am right or wrong I would have preferred if the story started out with multiple possibilities that were discounted as the story progresses. You never feel like you're getting close to knowing who it is and having potential suspects dwindling down would have given the story a few more twists and turns

Overall it is a fun game and criticisms of it are more based on how good previous games were; its still a cut above most games and is a solid 7 out of 10 for me.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I got through the glitch thankfully! It went up to 90% fairly quickly

surprise surprise, Jason Todd is Arkham Knight. It's well done I suppose, using Joker to feck with Batman even after he is dead. Just at the point now with the stock on GCPD. That is tough enough also, a shitload of tanks

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The drone tank battles are so much easier if you upgrade the bat-mobile's weapons. You can kill those with a single hit most times. Don't even mind any other upgrades, everytime you get a level up concentrate on the bat mobile and your life gets so much easier.

b82REZ

Finished this a couple of weeks a go and keep meaning to go back to get the true ending but I don't have the urge to play it.

I was hoodwinked into buying the season pass too so I need to try and get back into.

It's not a bad game but I hate the Batmobile sections.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Finished the story mode yesterday. Really enjoyed it, first game in ages that kept me drawn in for so long. Already racked up 40 hours on it. Some bits are repetitive, but I enjoyed the story. It kept you sucked in but also gave a few surprises.

it was cool the way Batman beat his own demons in relation to Joker, strange ending but and made you feel bad for Joker! The lead up to scarecrow was tough, then defeating him was irrelevant as it was cutscenes.

Lennon7

Just bought this brand new off eBay for £23! Laughing.

Anyway I need to finish Arkham City first.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Watching Batman, The Animated Series, on YT last night and some absolute f'kin helmet ruined this game in the comments. The first top rated comment and all :mad::mad:

Haven't even played the game yet. Ended up watching some cut scenes on YT then. Looks good

Leg-End

I know its been said multiple times already but I really would like to hit the person who decided to add 243 riddler challenges across the head, 243 times.

I don't mind them as a concept, some are actually quite interesting but after say 50 of them I've had my fill. I really want to 100% the story on this but I'm about 120 odd short.......on the flipside I've not much to play until MGS5 gets here so I might just continue to waste my time for no reason doing it, the ending better be worth it.

243 though, just how did that arrive at that number?