Gaming Batman Arkham Knight

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Turns out the PC version is fecked thanks to the texture streaming and multi-core cpu performance.

Who'd have guessed that, right? :lol:
A small dev team who are used to working with primarily console gaming being charged with porting the game to PC. What could possibly go wrong.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
dont think there is anything wrong with the ps4 version

Seems very smooth to me anyways

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
The pre-order Batsuits are quality.

1960's TV Batman

And this one looks like Ben Affleck's one from the Superman trailer

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So you guys recommend? Wait for a price drop or buy now?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
If you liked the other Batman games and will do most of the side mission stuff then yeah its worth £40. If you just wanna do storyline and aren't bothered about the side mission stuff then wait for a price drop.

Deleted member 78215

Ok spoiler alert but I feel like I need to tell everyone because I think I've found a fault with the end of the game that is easily done and its really fecked it up for me. I googled it and up came this.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/19403-b...g-bug-discovered-cant-finish-game-unless.html

Basically for those who don't want to read spoilers leave someone from Gothams Most Wanted besides Riddler and his 243 riddles unless you want to find all of his trophies to end the game.
Ah shit. Didn't know that was a bug, thought it was just the developers being dicks! Gone and traded it in now, too. Definitely couldn't be arsed doing all the riddler puzzles.

Deleted member 78215

The best graphics I've seen on the PS4 so far. Also the Justice League skin is peng.

gaz1185

And this one looks like Ben Affleck's one from the Superman trailer
Just the cowl, right? In reference to this one:

The 'New 52' skin pack you can download actually has a suit that looks like the regulatr Batsuit in the new film

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Exactly same thing - I thought I was weak for jumping at that part but luckily it wasn't just me!

If you're on the second island (near the start)

man bat scared the crap out of me too
Just done that part now, caught me by surprise that :lol: great fun so far

JackXX

Ah shit. Didn't know that was a bug, thought it was just the developers being dicks! Gone and traded it in now, too. Definitely couldn't be arsed doing all the riddler puzzles.
Perhaps it is. Maybe they wanted to save it for 100% completion but it's strange to have in modern games.
Were the other Batmans like this?

nooshka

Ive only just started this but decided to do the line of duty and the opera music missions. Now that I've completed the first leg of each of them the game won't tell me where the next part of this mission is, do i have to literally find it myself or will it eventually tell me more once i complete more of the story?

Sweet Square

Ive only just started this but decided to do the line of duty and the opera music missions. Now that I've completed the first leg of each of them the game won't tell me where the next part of this mission is, do i have to literally find it myself or will it eventually tell me more once i complete more of the story?
I think they will tell you over time. But honestly I just looked up the locations on youtube and then went there.

Golden Nugget

They tell you via the the radio, e.g. Missing firefighter found near Chinatown (it is usually near where you are), so I fly up to a high place and find where there is a group of people - more often than not, that is where the firefighter is.

The opera music missions are a lot harder, you sitll get intel, but they're hard to find unless you're flying around listening for the opera music.

Either way, if you leave them long enough, there will be an "intel" button below the mission when you go to mission select. Once that shows up, Alfred tell your the nearby location.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
The more stuff you unlock, the more awesome it becomes. Loving the whole vibe to the game, the character designs, the voice acting, the music, and of course the world itself. The game looks absolutely stunning, the depth of field, lighting, and rain make the game pop like no other which is kinda shokcing considering it's Unreal Engine. Although during the day you can see some nasty aliasing.

Mos def in my top three of the year. Numero Uno would The Witcher, obviously, second would be Bloodborne & thirdly, Arkham Knight. Now, I'm about 40% done the main story (which seems really short tbh although coming from The Witcher, it's probably skewed because the main story in that is like 40hrs long) I was kinda hoping we'd meet Harley Quinn and she'd become an ally of sorts.

Fingers crossed she's not the Arkham Knight as it would be ridiculous.

Was pretty dope meeting Azrael again after running into him in Arkham City though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The way they started to reveal the Arkham Knight's identity was a bit of a let down.

as soon as they started with the Robin and Joker flashbacks I thought "they're obviously showing these for a reason, Mr Arkham Knight"

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The Witcher, obviously, second would be Bloodborne & thirdly, Arkham Knight.
I have also gone from Bborne - Witcher and now Batman

We have sure as hell been spoilt for choice so far this year. I cant remember playing 3 games in succession as good as these before

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Just bought the PS4 bundle though it seems PSN is down :nervous:

Red Stone

The way they started to reveal the Arkham Knight's identity was a bit of a let down.

as soon as they started with the Robin and Joker flashbacks I thought "they're obviously showing these for a reason, Mr Arkham Knight"
Yeah, as soon as they started the flashbacks with Jason Todd I sort of figured out who the Knight was. I even started referring to him as "Jason" in my head long before the reveal.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, as soon as they started the flashbacks with Jason Todd I sort of figured out who the Knight was. I even started referring to him as "Jason" in my head long before the reveal.
Yup me too! :)

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I enjoyed it but I don't think it's anywhere near as fun as Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, main reason? The Batmobile.

It's used too often and the Batmobile missions become utterly tedious very quickly.

Woodzy

Got it today. Gameplay doesn't feel fresh enough for 4th iteration in the series, but bugger me the story is gripping!

Last edited:

Woodzy

About 90% through the main story. I think it's wonderful. Plot is a little overwhelming at times, as there is a lot going on but it's not overly complicated, just chaotic. Some general comments:

Wondeful villian. Has an awesome look, and very 'Metal Gear Solid'. Some of those battles near the end we're just brilliant, and very intense. I think they could ramp up the difficulty a bit more with some of the battles by having you start from scratching instead of every time you get a hit, but I guess the stealth series at the end would be very difficult.

Jason Todd as the Arkham Knight would have been amazing if they didn't make it so bloody obvious with those cut scenes. One quick flashback just to familiarise casual fans with the character would have been enough. Those scenes were great though so it would have been a shame to get rid of them, and they do reveal a lot as to why Todd wants revenge.

Not quite at the end yet so there's more to come from him, but if the Arkham Knight was a good villain then Scarecrow is something else. The look, the voice, everything, he is really well done, and genuinely terrifying at time...

How bloody awesome is the Joker in this? I love what they have done with him and how they have included him in the game. The scene with Johnny Charisma in the movie studio was brilliant... Which brings me onto the next spoiler...

Playing as both characters in the movie studio was just :drool:

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I played the game with all the drone fights for close to 8 hours yesterday and slept with vivid dreams that felt like PTSD symptoms. To say the game is intense is an understatement.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Completed the main story. Thought it was the weakest of the 3, Scarecrow didn't interest me as much as I'd have liked. The batmobile was annoying, would've preferred it to be less involved in missions. The battles against tanks got boring and tedious.

the Joker parts were by far the best. Fantastic character and some of his statements had me :lol: I expected more of Scarecrow's nightmares, like there were in Arkham Asylum so was disappointed in that regard and also that there wasn't any actual battle against him. Arkham Knight was decent but it was obvious who he was when we got the Robin flashbacks.

Alfred's an annoying fecker. Shame he didn't die.

Would love them to do a Joker DLC where you can roam around Gotham with him and his gun.

Red Stone

Finished the story yesterday. Caught myself thinking 'Feck me, this is good!' on numerous occasions. Thought the storytelling was on a higher level than it's ever been in previous Arkham games. The gameplay felt a bit stale, however, and the Batmobile missions pissed me off a bit, even if they managed to add quite a lot of variation to them (in the main story, at least. The endless barrage of drones in the side missions was tedious as hell). I still rank Asylum as the best of the lot. It has everything the other games have in terms of gameplay, side missions and voice acting, but I prefer Asylums level design to the more open worlds of City and Knight.

Main story spoilers:
I liked how they played with the line between what was real and what wasn't throughout the story, and the scenes that were obviously inside Batman's head were good too. The fights with the Joker personality were done really well, and I didn't feel like his inclusion was forced either, especially considering the events of Arkham City, with the blood bags and all that.

Marksy7

Finished the main story yesterday, enjoyed it the overall story and thought graphics where brilliant but the batmobile was annoying at parts as it doesn't handle all that well, don't know if I can be annoyed collecting all those riddle trophies though seems tedious when they are hidden all over the maps

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Traded mine in today for £37. Can't be fecked with all the side missions.

Woodzy

Traded mine in today for £37. Can't be fecked with all the side missions.
Where? I finished mine yesterday and I'm kind of in the same boat. Apparently the are two more parts to the story to reveal by doing side missions, but I'm thinking I should just get rid now while the value is still there.

With that being said, it was a bloody brilliant experience. I just think the side missions are too repetitive.