Gaming Batman Arkham Knight

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think this game has fecked my PS4 up. It's now frozen and crashed my system twice during...

the first crash happened after Scarecrow escape the blimp, and the audio was out of sync with the cutscene. Then two minutes later when Oracle is trapped in the cell the audio cut out and the game froze yet again

The second time my PS4 "shut down" even though the frozen image from the game was still showing. Both times I had to hold the power button in because it wasn't closing the game down through the quick menu. I've got the downloaded version.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
B
I think this game has fecked my PS4 up. It's now frozen and crashed my system twice during...

the first crash happened after Scarecrow escape the blimp, and the audio was out of sync with the cutscene. Then two minutes later when Oracle is trapped in the cell the audio cut out and the game froze yet again

The second time my PS4 "shut down" even though the frozen image from the game was still showing. Both times I had to hold the power button in because it wasn't closing the game down through the quick menu. I've got the downloaded version.
Been past that and no issues this side.

b82REZ

I've got a steam copy of the game if anyone wants to claim it, I tried flogging it on Ebay but not one took it up. I preordered it ages ago from GreenManGaming then went out and bought my 980Ti which came with a free copy.

So one lucky CAFtard can have it for free.

Comes with some Harley Quinn DLC too.
I'll take you up on that, if you've still got it.

Bwuk

Disappointed with this game so far. I'm like 99% certain of who the Arkham Knight is and I'm only done about 20%.

Thus far, both City and Asylum have been better.

Iron Stove

Warner Brothers have actually suspended all new sales of the PC version. Never seen that happen before.

Duffy

Disappointed with this game so far. I'm like 99% certain of who the Arkham Knight is and I'm only done about 20%.

Thus far, both City and Asylum have been better.
I reckon Ibknow who it is top, but enjoying it nonetheless. I'm looking forward to getting it mostly finished and just exploring Gotham a bit.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Warner Brothers have actually suspended all new sales of the PC version. Never seen that happen before.
It's the right call. I'm surprised this hasn't happened like this sooner, they always paper over the cracks with patches, but lack of real technical talent is a big problem in game development. Lots have fecked off to the commercial industry where they aren't treated like shit, and proper education in programming and game development is a joke.

And make no mistake those who want a silly little argument about pc/consoles, it affects everything alike.

Kaos

Just seen this. Fair play.

I do wonder if patching will be sufficient here, the game is pretty much broken. Honestly, they need to gut the entire thing and start porting from scratch, while taking their fecking time.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Just seen this. Fair play.

I do wonder if patching will be sufficient here, the game is pretty much broken. Honestly, they need to gut the entire thing and start porting from scratch, while taking their fecking time.
Yeah, that strikes me as more than just the memory issue and textures. They've fecked the multi-core cpu side too. It needs a full rebuild rather than a patch, but I don't think it will take forever to sort with a few decent heads involved.

It should never have been released from the moment they realised it wasn't ready. People can joke about the "PC master race" stuff, but one thing is true those gamers aren't fooled as much by fps caps and holding back reviews. The second a game comes out with issues, they are all over it, and rightly so.

I wish console gamers would do that more.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Batman looks a bit grainy/blurry on Xbox when you are you look into the distance from a viewpoint of the city. Similar to Thief actually in that respects. It is good fun so far though and still nice looking. Haven't had a game to hand where I actually can't wait to get home and play it for quite some time.

Bojan11

So Iron galaxy had 8 weeks to port the game to PC and they had about 12 people working on it.

Sad that nowadays that we can't have one game that has come out as the finished product on all platforms they release it on.

caid

So Iron galaxy had 8 weeks to port the game to PC and they had about 12 people working on it.

Sad that nowadays that we can't have one game that has come out as the finished product on all platforms they release it on.
Knowing absolutely nothing about porting things is that particularly bad, or standard fare?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Just finished the ACE chemical plant, basically first main mission

turning around with last neutralising agent, Joker scared the bejesus out of me

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Just bought it last night on my PS4, I don't know how long until I will get bored on this, but so far it's been totally my type of game. At first impression its easily a 9/10 or above. Graphic-wise it is totally next gen as well (best I've ever came across) and the atmosphere is totally awesome.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I'm a person who gets bored of games very quickly, I'm just very picky and go off games quick. Really enjoying it so far and can't put the controller down - been ages since that has happened me.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm new to Playstation games (and their pricing habits), do their prices fall much after release day? Weighing up whether to just go straight for this or wait and get The Last of Us in the meantime...

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I'm new to Playstation games (and their pricing habits), do their prices fall much after release day? Weighing up whether to just go straight for this or wait and get The Last of Us in the meantime...
It should drop pretty quickly because of the amount it has sold and it doesn't have multiplayer to keep people going back to it. Many will just finish it and sell it on. They are offering £27 trade-in at Game and it's selling at £55 so already half price trade-in value. I reckon you will be able to get it for about £30/£35 new by the end of July.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'm a person who gets bored of games very quickly, I'm just very picky and go off games quick. Really enjoying it so far and can't put the controller down - been ages since that has happened me.

Me too, even with some of the best games out there I never managed to get near to half or 1/3 of progress done lol.

Games I've played over last year:
-infamous 2nd son (my first next gen game, great graphics, but got bored quickly n sold it after around 10% progress)
-wolfenstein (not a fan of Fps, sold it after a few days, less than 5% progress)
-fifa15 (played it only for couple of times, and stopped playing it since)
-AC4 (quite like it at first but sold it after less than 10% progress)
-watchdog (great at the beginning, playing it for weeks, up to around 20% progress, but then started to get bored with missions/side missions, n stopped playing since)
-TLOU (great game but too challenging/demanding/exhausting for my liking, especially after long day work, quit it after less than 10% progress)
-GTAV (still at the beginning n still playing it, but never really get hooked up with it, playing it lightly and for fun only, around once or twice a week.. Quite enjoying it but not really into game that involves driving around city alot though, I rather spend more time driving my car in real life lol. But that's definitely lot more other stuffs to do, I even enjoy a round of golf and doing some crazy stuffs afterwards. Overall the possibility is definitely there, could last playing it for months I guess)
-Batman AK (just started the game and it looks very impressive with its cinematic gameplay and motion. Totally loving it. On easy mode though, and I know there's complain from others regarding batmobile tank fight, let's see if I can reach the 50% mark for this one)

Last edited:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Batman looks a bit grainy/blurry on Xbox when you are you look into the distance from a viewpoint of the city. Similar to Thief actually in that respects. It is good fun so far though and still nice looking. Haven't had a game to hand where I actually can't wait to get home and play it for quite some time.
It's because the resolution on the Xone is 900p.

Duffy

Don't know if anyone has been back to the main menu and had a look at the character models up-close but the detail on them is incredible to say the least down to smallest bit of stitching on clothing.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It's because the resolution on the Xone is 900p.
Ya I know. It isn't as noticeable on other multiplatform games I have played, really stands out on low lit areas in Batman.

Caught me by surprise too, I think it's fair to say I almost shit myself... :nervous:
:lol: ya! It dedinitely didn't help that it was just gone midnight and I was tired, it actually made me jump.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I've no idea why the Batmobile sections got such widespread critiscism, I really like them so far. It's a bit tricky to get the hang of the handling at first but once you do its a blast playing them.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
This wait makes me want to buy a PS4. Must resist :mad:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I've no idea why the Batmobile sections got such widespread critiscism, I really like them so far. It's a bit tricky to get the hang of the handling at first but once you do its a blast playing them.
I really like the tank battle bits. The driving is much better now that I have swapped the brake over to L2 - much more natural.

My only criticism so far is some of the button combinations. I mentioned that some of them get flashed up on screen as you are in the middle of a fight with 5 enemies, which isn't the easiest time to learn them! I also don't like the multiple button presses - when your grapple gun is levelled up, you now need to press and hold X 3 times to boost and glide away. I think the next update will require 4 presses of X. Seems a bit unnecessary - surely it could just be press and hold X when grappling and that would give you the biggest boost that you had unlocked?

Golden Nugget

Just finished the ACE chemical plant, basically first main mission

turning around with last neutralising agent, Joker scared the bejesus out of me
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've only played a few hours, but that was the first of 3 that gave me a scare, with the one you mentioned making me jump. Brilliant from the producers.

I'm liking it a lot so far - I don't want to stop playing it, something that hasn't happened since, say Arkham City. Only thing that is annoying me a little is having to switch over from Batman to the Tank repeatedly for some puzzles.

Leg-End

Me too, even with some of the best games out there I never managed to get near to half or 1/3 of progress done lol.

Games I've played over last year:
-infamous 2nd son (my first next gen game, great graphics, but got bored quickly n sold it after around 10% progress)
-wolfenstein (not a fan of Fps, sold it after a few days, less than 5% progress)
-fifa15 (played it only for couple of times, and stopped playing it since)
-AC4 (quite like it at first but sold it after less than 10% progress)
-watchdog (great at the beginning, playing it for weeks, up to around 20% progress, but then started to get bored with missions/side missions, n stopped playing since)
-TLOU (great game but too challenging/demanding/exhausting for my liking, especially after long day work, quit it after less than 10% progress)
-GTAV (still at the beginning n still playing it, but never really get hooked up with it, playing it lightly and for fun only, around once or twice a week.. Quite enjoying it but not really into game that involves driving around city alot though, I rather spend more time driving my car in real life lol. But that's definitely lot more other stuffs to do, I even enjoy a round of golf and doing some crazy stuffs afterwards. Overall the possibility is definitely there, could last playing it for months I guess)
-Batman AK (just started the game and it looks very impressive with its cinematic gameplay and motion. Totally loving it. On easy mode though, and I know there's complain from others regarding batmobile tank fight, let's see if I can reach the 50% mark for this one)
Essentially what you are saying is you don't particularly like games but can't stop buying them.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've only played a few hours, but that was the first of 3 that gave me a scare, with the one you mentioned making me jump. Brilliant from the producers.

I'm liking it a lot so far - I don't want to stop playing it, something that hasn't happened since, say Arkham City. Only thing that is annoying me a little is having to switch over from Batman to the Tank repeatedly for some puzzles.
then Batman magically shows up. as you turn round when you take control of Comissioner Gordon for the first time after talking to all the jokers blood infected people. Feckin bastards catching me with the simplest of things!

Ya it is looking good. Love a decent story offliner

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
How did you do that?
Think it's in the gameplay settings - it's not on the control option screen , which just shows you the controls. It's labelled as battle tank toggle, or something like that. So instead of holding L2 to change to the tank, you toggle L1 (then the two weapons become R2 and L2, which is also better). L2 also then becomes the brake while you are driving.

Will double check this eve, but think that is how to do it.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I really like the tank battle bits. The driving is much better now that I have swapped the brake over to L2 - much more natural.

My only criticism so far is some of the button combinations. I mentioned that some of them get flashed up on screen as you are in the middle of a fight with 5 enemies, which isn't the easiest time to learn them! I also don't like the multiple button presses - when your grapple gun is levelled up, you now need to press and hold X 3 times to boost and glide away. I think the next update will require 4 presses of X. Seems a bit unnecessary - surely it could just be press and hold X when grappling and that would give you the biggest boost that you had unlocked?
Aye this too! I only found out yesterday how to do the environmental takedowns (Press Square & X when the enemy is highlighted in blue) because the button promts are pretty small and they only appear for such a short time, what they should have done is set up some tutorial type fights at the start, or even during the first two or three times where when a new button prompt/combo comes up they do that slow-motion trick to highlight the new move & let you properly learn the different moves and see what they do in the context of the fight.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Essentially what you are saying is you don't particularly like games but can't stop buying them.
Well let's just say I am into gaming for over 20 years, and I can afford buying any of them and choosing whether to spend more or less time on them.

Leg-End

Well let's just say I am into gaming for over 20 years, and I can afford buying any of them and choosing whether to spend more or less time on them.
No need to be so defensive, a slight ribbing. Although I'd say if your getting 10% through a game and just dropping it your not really giving it a chance to impress you, TLOU is a perfect example of a game that builds and builds so by dropping it in the first 10% your just robbing yourself of a great game, its like turning off Goodfellas after 20 minutes.

Golden Nugget

then Batman magically shows up. as you turn round when you take control of Comissioner Gordon for the first time after talking to all the jokers blood infected people. Feckin bastards catching me with the simplest of things!
Exactly same thing - I thought I was weak for jumping at that part but luckily it wasn't just me!

If you're on the second island (near the start)

man bat scared the crap out of me too