Gaming Batman Arkham Knight

Nickosaur

Missed out on Arkham City as I was at uni. Loved Asylum though.

Looks gorgeous and some great reviews, will be picking this up after Glastonbury...

acnumber9

OK cool.

Are you liking the game?
I am. It took up most of my Saturday and I don't normally like rushing through games so quick. Some of the Batmobile stuff is a little tacked on, especially early on. It does break up the game a little so it isn't all gliding and fighting though.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Same as, was dispatched today so should be here by time I'm home from work tomorrow.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Getting the wife to pick it up during the day - along with putting the disc into the PS4 so it can begin downloading the updates during the day. :cool:

Kaos

Got this preloaded on Steam and ready to go.

Still not sure whether to plough through Arkham Asylum and City first or just jump in.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Getting the wife to pick it up during the day - along with putting the disc into the PS4 so it can begin downloading the updates during the day. :cool:
:lol: I've kindly asked my Mam to pick it up. Wouldn't risk her turning on the PS4 though.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

Still not sure whether to plough through Arkham Asylum and City first or just jump in.
You haven't played them?

PvsNP

You have to play the first two IMO. There are major spoilers in Arkham Knight.

Maagge

I got around halfway through Arkham Asylum before moving on.

I have terrible video game ADD :(
I'd imagine it's possible to get through them in a couple of days each if you're not too bothered about doing all the Riddler stuff.

Duffy

Mine is on the truck. Just hope it doesn't require a signature and they don't take it back for redelivery.

Kaos

You have to play the first two IMO. There are major spoilers in Arkham Knight.
I'd imagine it's possible to get through them in a couple of days each if you're not too bothered about doing all the Riddler stuff.
Yeah I thought as much.

Looks like I'll have to soldier through the first two, after finishing the Witcher 3, which I'm no where near doing so.

Basically, I won't be playing this for a while :lol:

Sweet Square

Yeah I thought as much.

Looks like I'll have to soldier through the first two, after finishing the Witcher 3, which I'm no where near doing so.

Basically, I won't be playing this for a while :lol:
It seems like most of the cafe I'm getting Mother to pick up for me. Haven't played any of the other so hoping it makes some sense(It's only Batman in the end, can't be that hard to follow)

Marksy7

:lol: I've kindly asked my Mam to pick it up. Wouldn't risk her turning on the PS4 though.
agreed I would never ask my wife to turn the PS4 on, 1 time I left it in sleep mode and she pulled the plug on it, I was in shock!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm so tempted to get this but I really can't with the back log I have plus Witcher 3 still to finish....

b82REZ

The guy in GAME saw me coming. I'd preordered and wanted to trade in. You get 25% extra on trade in against new titles so he convinced me to buy the season pass.

Duffy

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Maybe not too late. Just cancelled on amazon.

Maagge

30 fps cap in this day and age.. what were they thinking??
It sounds like they were trying to get away with how much of a mess it apparently is until a patch or something had sorted it out. But I know feck all about computer games regarding specs and all that so I'm not sure that even makes sense.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
30 fps cap in this day and age.. what were they thinking??
It's funny considering the free copy tie-in with new Nvidia graphics cards.

"Buy the new GTX 980 Ti and witness the full power of this great card with a gimped version of Arkham Knight."

Iron Stove

It's funny considering the free copy tie-in with new Nvidia graphics cards.

"Buy the new GTX 980 Ti and witness the full power of this great card with a gimped version of Arkham Knight."
:lol: Nvidia must be really happy about the partnership.

Maybe they'll manage to patch it, but it's a disgrace to put a game out like this in the first place. Goes to show why you should never pre-order.

Here's a video on performance from RPS, who I would assume used a decent enough rig:

Leg-End

Where is your master race now?

That sucks though, pretty unacceptable release state on PC, watched some of Jim Sterling's footage and I couldn't play through a game like that no matter how much I loved the series.

Duffy

Yeah that is unplayable. Despite that, Gotham looks fantastic.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Someone explain to me, is the game too demanding on pc or not demanding enough considering the power computers available ? I have a very old laptop and I secretly hope it'll still be able to run this game.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Apparently some people getting errors on PC have had the build marked as july_2012, surely that can't be right? :lol:

Also Steam have now blocked reviews due to the flood of negative comments, this is a train wreck :lol:

EDIT:

Last edited:

Duffy

Someone explain to me, is the game too demanding on pc or not demanding enough considering the power computers available ? I have a very old laptop and I secretly hope it'll still be able to run this game.
I don't play games on pc but from what I've read I think its a little column a, little column b. I think graphics cards are having to be superior to what was first thought, although the game is only running at a maximum 30fps which makes having all that power completely null and void.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
They've just updated the MINIMUM specs to:

OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection required

Hard Drive: 45 GB available space

I'm sure there are several thousand people thanking their lucky stars that the Steam refund system exists.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
:lol: Nvidia must be really happy about the partnership.

Maybe they'll manage to patch it, but it's a disgrace to put a game out like this in the first place. Goes to show why you should never pre-order.

Here's a video on performance from RPS, who I would assume used a decent enough rig:

:eek:

Am thankful the PS4 version appears to be pretty much flawless.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
OK, I caved in. Getting this today, going to interchange between this and Witcher.