Gaming Batman Arkham Knight

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't play games on pc but from what I've read I think its a little column a, little column b. I think graphics cards are having to be superior to what was first thought, although the game is only running at a maximum 30fps which makes having all that power completely null and void.
I see now, thanks. It really must be frustrating to have that much power in your computer and not exploit its potential.
They've just updated the MINIMUM specs to:

OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection required

Hard Drive: 45 GB available space

I'm sure there are several thousand people thanking their lucky stars that the Steam refund system exists.
It is incredible that my laptop can still meet this minimum requirements.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
It is incredible that my laptop can still meet this minimum requirements.
Not sure if that'll be enough though man, from what I can figure /v/, reddit and NeoGAF are basically on fire with the number of livid people who have rigs well able to handle recommended, not minimum, specs, and for whom the game is basically unplayable.

botond

Someone explain to me, is the game too demanding on pc or not demanding enough considering the power computers available ? I have a very old laptop and I secretly hope it'll still be able to run this game.
you have to understand that today is all about resolution . at 1080p this game is not so demanding , its an old engine witch should run smoothly on medium gaming cards on 1080p and medium to high settings . This game runs bad on the best cards because its badly made and not optimized for the Pc port .
It runs ok on the ps4 because its FPS capped at 30 witch is a laugh and has 720p or 1080p (not sure )

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
30 fps on 1080 cant be considered flawless by todays standards
I would love games to run at 1080p 60fps on this gen of consoles, but that is not looking likely.

I will take a solid 30fps and 1080p for an open-world game like this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
you have to understand that today is all about resolution . at 1080p this game is not so demanding , its an old engine witch should run smoothly on medium gaming cards on 1080p and medium to high settings . This game runs bad on the best cards because its badly made and not optimized for the Pc port .
It runs ok on the ps4 because its FPS capped at 30 witch is a laugh and has 720p or 1080p (not sure )
I see, it's a bit of joke to lock PS4 games to 30fps.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Glorious PC Master Race, Peasantry free, Pre-order peasants, Glorious wait-for-release master race, You don't necessarily need a PC to be a member of the PCMR. You just have to recognize that PC is objectively superior to consoles, Owning a console does not necessarily make you a peasant.
I'm aware they're joking or whatever but still, that community almost makes me happy that the PC release is a colossal balls up.

b82REZ

fecking day one patches. 3.6gb. The Sony servers are so slow. Even on 60meg fibre it's saying 6 hours. Tried to start without the update, get to the main screen, click start game only to be told I have to wait 5 hours while it installs.

Put the PS4 into rest mode as it seems to download quicker.

Still glad I didn't get it on PC though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've played a little bit so far. The graphics on the PS4 look fantastic - almost as good as the screenshots on the other page. I'm really not liking the Batmobile thus far, it just seems too puzzle-like and not free flowing enough incorporating it into missions. I sure hope it's not a constant feature throughout, otherwise I feel I'll slog through the game as opposed to non stop immersion like I had with The Witcher 3.

b82REZ

I've played a little bit so far. The graphics on the PS4 look fantastic - almost as good as the screenshots on the other page. I'm really not liking the Batmobile thus far, it just seems too puzzle-like and not free flowing enough incorporating it into missions. I sure hope it's not a constant feature throughout, otherwise I feel I'll slog through the game as opposed to non stop immersion like I had with The Witcher 3.
How long did yours take to install? I have about an hour left on the day one update but the install still says 4hours.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
My PS4 install was corrupted and was stuck at 70% for four hours, and to make matter worse it was the downloaded version so I now have to download the whole thing again. 100Mb speed and I'm getting about 200Kb because of PSfeckingN.

This is exactly how Nazi Germany must have felt.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm aware they're joking or whatever but still, that community almost makes me happy that the PC release is a colossal balls up.
Well that's some attitude considering they are practically the same versions and they've clearly ballsed them all up, hence the 30fps caps lock papering the cracks and the day one patch. With more to follow.

In fact, PC gamers are used to having to fix these things themselves, whereas PS4 gamers are also getting a watered down product for their system to suit the XBone. What's the point in all that extra power if it's held back to the weakest machine anyway?

Oh and although the PC master race thing has always been a joke, I'm sure there are some idiots who actually believe it :lol:

Sweet Square

Is the day one patch only for PS4 users then ? Because I brought the disc version(Xbox One) and there wasn't a patch(Just the normal install).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How long did yours take to install? I have about an hour left on the day one update but the install still says 4hours.
I pre-ordered last night on PSN so the whole thing downloaded itself overnight. The patch stuff/update file, whatever it is, is still downloading. Has about 500mb left but it says 4 hours left. :lol:

Iron Stove

It's no fault of the platform if devs feck up like this (most likely due to publisher pressure). This is not at all representative of what pc gaming is like, at least not these days. I remember having to fiddle with configuration files in DOS and trying to get your sound blaster sound card to work for each game as a kid.. those were the days. Now everything is basically plug and play and works great.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Up to the first Boss fight and I swear I'm about to feck the tv out the window.

Castia

More and more PC releases are DOA, it seems like every major AAA game is riddled with bugs on PC.

mu4c_20le

There are some issues on PC, but i'm sure they will address them with patches soon. So far the biggest complaint is the 30 FPS limiter which can be disabled with a simple ini tweak.

Gaming Dragons has it for only 20 bucks right now. I pulled the trigger because I just finished TW3 and have pretty much nothing to play until Fallout 4 comes out. I can confirm they are legit but they give you the nvidia promo code, you have to redeem it on steam yourself. So if you can get that code from a friend or off ebay for cheaper then go for it.

Redlambs

More and more PC releases are DOA, it seems like every major AAA game is riddled with bugs on PC.
It's because the consoles are easy to develop for and there are subtle differences to PC development. It's just down to shit and rushed technical departments. It's an old engine and they still can't get it right.

Oh, and I'll point this out, the problems are mainly with unlocking higher fps. If you did that on the consoles, the problems would be much worse.

So it's not well made on any machine, this is the same way they discovered Watchdogs was ropey too.

Isn't 60fps difficult for open-world game?
No, not really, it all depends what that world is doing and how they store the data. In fact thanks to lod and all that it can be easier to tailor an engine to run on an expansive world than an indoors scene.

That's a recent myth people come out with to explain low framerates, but it's not true for the most part.

Redlambs

There are some issues on PC, but i'm sure they will address them with patches soon. So far the biggest complaint is the 30 FPS limiter which can be disabled with a simple ini tweak.

Gaming Dragons has it for only 20 bucks right now. I pulled the trigger because I just finished TW3 and have pretty much nothing to play until Fallout 4 comes out. I can confirm they are legit but they give you the nvidia promo code, you have to redeem it on steam yourself. So if you can get that code from a friend or off ebay for cheaper then go for it.
No, it's that tweak that has exposed the engine problems. It's one thing to hold the PS4 back to the XB1 levels, but why would they do it on PC? The answer is clear, because it's papering over the cracks.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Oh okay thanks for clarifying Lambs.

No, not really, it all depends what that world is doing
So, it's just developers fault(lazinesss?) for this or it's difficult to do in an Arkham world?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Anyone got any impressions of the game for us not based on performance?

Redlambs

Oh okay thanks for clarifying Lambs.

So, it's just developers fault(lazinesss?) for this or it's difficult to do in an Arkham world?
It seems that way. Why would having a more powerful machine cause slow downs at higher framerates? I'd guess it's a memory issue, neither the PS4 nor PC has need for the memory bridge trick on the XB1, so an educated guess is they borked the texture system.

If that is the case, it's not a difficult fix, but it could also be Weaste's old complaint of trying to utilise multiple cores and messing it up.

vanthaman

Winner
Played for an hour so far, hope it's not too reliant on using the batmobile hope there's plenty of on foot sections, liking it so far though

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Ahh, I've just seemed they farmed out the job to a dedicated PC team. That makes the feck up even worse considering the engine has been about for years.

Amateurs.
Yes, they got Iron Galaxy to do the PC Port. They also did the PC port for Origins.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm still downloading the fecking game. 100Mb fecking broadband and after five hours I'm at 40%...

Burn them. Burn them all.