Ben Shapiro

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I am not a fan of making fun of his nasal voice or status as a loser back in the day (because it's true he really was bullied and it isnt a joke)

Let's not stoop to his level. Anyone of us could be bullied back in the day so that means nothing. The guy is a loser NOW so let's keep it at that.
That would be good and all if he wasn’t empowering alt right and white supremacists. Never mind the plethora of NiceGuys, incels, other discriminatory groups, and worst of all, libertarians. In all honesty, feck him.

Florida Man

He could have instead been an injury lawyer. He could still be rich, do something somewhat useful for society, and still be an asshole without negatively affecting society.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I am not a fan of making fun of his nasal voice or status as a loser back in the day (because it's true he really was bullied and it isnt a joke)

Let's not stoop to his level. Anyone of us could be bullied back in the day so that means nothing. The guy is a loser NOW so let's keep it at that.
Now, with this I can wholeheartedly agree. Can be seen too often that the denunciation of right wingers, rapists, politicians serves as an opportunity to live out one's own uglier leanings.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
In retrospect I enjoy knowing that he was bullied. feck him.

I'd have felt sorry for him at the time though.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That would be good and all if he wasn’t empowering alt right and white supremacists. Never mind the plethora of NiceGuys, incels, other discriminatory groups, and worst of all, libertarians. In all honesty, feck him.
In retrospect I enjoy knowing that he was bullied. feck him.

I'd have felt sorry for him at the time though.
Bullying is a serious matter and NO kid deserves to be bullied.

It is downright disgusting to be happy someone got bullied in my opinion. Shapiro says and does enough dumb things nowadays for us to ridicule him so theres no reason making fun of his past as a child or his nasally voice. And who knows if he was shown a little love he may not have turned into this monster he has today but that's just speculation.

Apart from that, making fun of someones voice or their past as being bullied puts you in a pretty weak position. Its "no wonder you were bullied" whereas many good individuals of the world have also been bullied and may have a nasally voice, an ugly nose or weird looking eyes.

These things should matter even more to you if you claim to hold a political position that emphasises with the disadvantaged.

Eriku

I, for one, am glad Shapiro is successful. He strikes me as the kind of guy who, in lieu of financial and romantic success, would go on a shooting spree.

Last edited:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

It is downright disgusting to be happy someone got bullied in my opinion. Shapiro says and does enough dumb things nowadays for us to ridicule him so theres no reason making fun of his past as a child or his nasally voice. And who knows if he was shown a little love he may not have turned into this monster he has today but that's just speculation.

Apart from that, making fun of someones voice or their past as being bullied puts you in a pretty weak position. Its "no wonder you were bullied" whereas many good individuals of the world have also been bullied and may have a nasally voice, an ugly nose or weird looking eyes.

These things should matter even more to you if you claim to hold a political position that emphasises with the disadvantaged.
Yeah I know. And for the record I never once bullied anyone whist growing up or in my adult life, and stood up to people who have.

But knowing the kind of absolute wanker he is right now I can't honestly say that I'm not happy that he was bullied. That's why I said in retrospect.

He deserves to be bullied, ridiculed and humiliated right now. So my only issue is that it didn't happen now so I can witness it.

shamans

Yeah I know. And for the record I never once bullied anyone whist growing up or in my adult life.

But knowing the kind of absolute wanker he is right now I can't honestly say that I'm not happy that he was bullied. That's why I said in retrospect.

He deserves to be bullied, ridiculed and humiliated right now. So my only issue is that it didn't happen now so I can witness it.
Why are you happy he was bullied? Even from a practical point of view that changes nothing. His opinions are probably shittier because of that and as a result hes spewing more hate in society.

I don't see any benefit or gain from it only loss

WensleyMU

Perhaps if he wasn't bullied he would have turned out differently?

As usual though, people's true colours are revealed when it's someone they don't like getting abused.

shamans

meaning it's quite difficult to be empathetic to someone you don't like.

or you have to be universally nice to be actually nice, otherwise you're just a poser.

Both makes perfect sense tbh
Well you don't have to be nice but making fun of someone for their appearance etc is something anyone can avoid. You will come across as a shitty person if you do that.

JonDahl

Not sure what you mean.
Meaning the same people who don't like Shapiro's hateful and vitriol spewing mouth, are quite happy to have a hateful and vitriol spewing mouth when the person in question is someone they don't like (See: hypocrites).

The last 2 pages are a prime example.

shamans

Meaning the same people who don't like Shapiro's hateful and vitriol spewing mouth, are quite happy to have a hateful and vitriol spewing mouth when the person in question is someone they don't like (See: hypocrites).

Yeah I agree with you, I'll give them the benefit of doubt that they are doing it unknowingly maybe.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
So Person A, who likes to see bad things happen to gays or women or a minority and Person B, who likes to see bad things happen to Person A, are basically the same?

Florida Man

His nasally voice is a learned habit and makes him sound more like a stuck up cnut. I also never said I was glad he got bullied. My feeling's more like, well look at the guy, what the feck did you expect was going to happen if you dress up like a muppet?

Florida Man

Let's stop hating Shapiro and Trump so we don't look like hypocrites.

gajender

So Person A, who likes to see bad things happen to gays or women or a minority and Person B, who likes to see bad things happen to Person A, are basically the same?
No but condoning bullying of a Child who turned out to be not so good human being is quite bad.

shamans

Yes it is.
I have a friend who was always bullied for this exact thing. Not everyone's nasal passage is the same. But sure if it makes you feel good about yourself bullying someone for their nose, height or appearance go for it. Just don't be shocked when people point this obvious hypocrisy on the left out.

shamans

I think shamans is short and has a nasally voice.
Pretty sure I posted my pic on here somewhere. Unfortunately I'm 6'4 and my voice is too deep to sing punk songs I enjoy. However, if I was short with a nasally voice, and this was your response this again is bullying.

Again, far left playing right wing games to bring others down shocker...

Florida Man

If you wanna be a cnut too, sure go for it.
I have a friend who was always bullied for this exact thing. Not everyone's nasal passage is the same. But sure if it makes you feel good about yourself bullying someone for their nose, height or appearance go for it. Just don't be shocked when people point this obvious hypocrisy on the left out.
Your opinions about me don't count so think whatever you want. And I'm not here to console you about your friend.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Pretty sure I posted my pic on here somewhere. Unfortunately I'm 6'4 and my voice is too deep to sing punk songs I enjoy. However, if I was short with a nasally voice, and this was your response this again is bullying.

Again, far left playing right wing games to bring others down shocker...
It's good to bully bad people.

shamans

Your opinions about me don't count so think whatever you want. And I'm not here to console you about your friend.
Console my friend? You're talking about having a nasally voice being something you can control and I told you it's not.

I think it's evident I've called you out on your bullying and you're not willing to accept it now.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
When he was a kid.

It is weird to say "I hate Shapiro as an adult therefore I am happy he was bullied about his appearance as a kid".

Its a something to think that maybe the fact Shapiro himself was not shown compassion as a kid for his looks is part of why he is incapable of showing compassion to others.

I'd joyfully beat adult Shapiro into a bloody little pulp and leave his face permanently scarred for the rest of his life (in a legally sanctioned UFC match). But there is something very gross and icky about being happy a little kid gets bullied. As someone who has worked in elementary schools no one at age 7-8 is beyond hope and everyone at that age, even little snots deserve some degree of compassion (along with a tonne of discipline for some).

Eriku

Console my friend? You're talking about having a nasally voice being something you can control and I told you it's not.

I think it's evident I've called you out on your bullying and you're not willing to accept it now.
You're trying to reason with Florida Man? Have you read the news?!

Florida Man

It is something you can control. Don't cry at me because you're wrong.

shamans

When he was a kid.

It is weird to say "I hate Shapiro as an adult therefore I am happy he was bullied about his appearance as a kid".

Its a something to think that maybe the fact Shapiro himself was not shown compassion as a kid for his looks is part of why he is incapable of showing compassion to others.

I'd joyfully beat adult Shapiro into a bloody little pulp and leave his face permanently scarred for the rest of his life. But there is something very gross and icky about being happy a little kid gets bullied. As someone who has worked in elementary schools no one at age 7-8 is beyond hope and everyone at that age, even little snots deserve some degree of compassion (along with discipline).
I agree.

This you probably disagree with but I hold the opinion that immature behavior like this (people on the left taking joy in someone being bullied as a kid) is the reason the far left gets a bad name.