Benjamin Sesko | Salzburg | Leipzig

Zed is not dead

From being a popstar with the hit title « Thong Song » to being one of the most promising strikers in Europe, what a career

Ole90+3

The wide forward in modern football is a striker in all but name which is the position Rashford usually plays.
That’s a winger. Striker is very different. In fact I’d argue Hojlund is probably the first striker we’ve had in the past 10 years. Cavani and Weghorst don’t count.

Bojan Djordjic

That’s a winger. Striker is very different. In fact I’d argue Hojlund is probably the first striker we’ve had in the past 10 years. Cavani and Weghorst don’t count.
Huh?? Why not? What about Ibrahimovic?

zaafi

Ibrahimovic, Falcao, Lukaku, Cavani. What is the reason these don't count as a striker?

DonBecks

Haha that's nuts, whether they were a good enough striker or not is fair game. Whether they were strikers or not isn't.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought he looked a real talent when we were linked to him last summer. Had that time on the ball and trickery you don’t see so often from a striker with his frame.

Pes6Monster

Benjamin Sesko sounds like captain material. A defiant player who'd give our opposition the runabout. Would play a deep space false nine like role.

He is such a gem, hadar scouts only seen him sooner. There's no quark to his game, we'd be Miles better with him and would soon Bashir nerys competitor.

zaafi

Benjamin Sesko sounds like captain material. A defiant player who'd give our opposition the runabout. Would play a deep space false nine like role.

He is such a gem, hadar scouts only seen him sooner. There's no quark to his game, we'd be Miles better with him and would soon Bashir nerys competitor.
We would not be miles better with him when we already have Højlund.

What even does that bolded part mean? :lol:

GuyfromAustria

:lol: :lol:

Big Andy

Bloke

:cool:

Big Andy

Bloke

Worf are you on about?

Ágætis Byrjun

One day this will make sense.

KranjskaKlobasa

Pes6Monster

Now Patrick Stewart is temporary CEO we should be making First Contact with Sesko, and thinking of the Next Generation.

Bojan Djordjic

Think any additions to the forward line need to be reliable goalscorers now. Sesko looks very talented but he's only played four 90s this season so far which with no injury history that I can see, would be pretty concerning. Wasn't exactly shooting lights out in the Austrian bundesliga either which we've seen the likes of Patson Daka being able to do at a similar age.

L1nk

I think Hojlund is our Sesko now, I don't think he's shown anything that I would say he's clearly a bigger talent than Hojlund. I would rather we go for a more experienced and older striker that he can learn from

Donut

Sesko at 43 million is probably a better deal than Hojlund at 70, but they’re both just prospects for now, none of them is a sure thing.

dedek_mraz

Sesko at 43 million is probably a better deal than Hojlund at 70, but they’re both just prospects for now, none of them is a sure thing.
much better deal and a fair price for a prospect, but sadly I doubt we'll be interested in Šeško now.. there was a rumor few weeks back that we were exploring a loan for Šeško this january till end of the season but I doubt it was based on anything real, just lazy journalism cause we showed interest in him before and he is not playing as much as he'd wish

SparkedIntoLife

He has flattered to deceive this season but remains a massive talent IMHO. Once it clicks for him, he could be insane and I think his technical ability means he has a higher ceiling than Hojlund. However, the latter maybe has a better mentality. We clearly need another striker and, while another raw gem is probably not the right profile, at £43m I think this is a no brainer. The centre forward market is poor at present so this looks a decent deal.

Borussia Teeth

Hoijlund needs competition so I wouldn't be adverse to signing Sesko. The price is relatively good for a barren striker market too.

OleGunnar20

Great price for a talented young striker. I don't see an issue with having the two competing personally, but with the lack of options on the market I'm sure he'll have tons of suitors who could guarantee him a starting role.

dedek_mraz

Not really followed him but somebody posted videos of him a couple of months ago and he looked like he was on fire. Not just in terms of goalscoring but his all round play looked very good, better than I've seen from Hojlund. Purple patch?
His allround play is better than Hojlunds especialy passing and bringing others into play. If we could have them both I think they would supplement each other nicely, by which I mean that we could alternate between the two depending on the gameplan (counter-attacking approach - Hojlund and when we seek to have more of the possesion against set defences - Šeško)

Teja

Has he been any good? Don't think he even starts for (a fairly weak) Leipzig team right?

All I've heard about re: Leipzig was that Xavi Simmons has apparently been good.

Son

We should buy him if he’s available. Very little risk at around 40m for someone who could become a key player in the years to come and at worst we’ll lose very little.

Sometimes young players need a change of scenery to reach their potential and he seems to have raw ability.

Dan_F

Typical United that we need a striker the year before someone is available at a good price, but I think it would probably end up similar to Hojlund. Surprised that Leipzig allowed such a low release clause in there, but maybe it was the only way he’d agree to move.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
There is no issue in having two good young strikers.

Why are people acting like having Hojlund means we can't sign him? Competition for places is a good thing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There is no issue in having two good young strikers.

Why are people acting like having Hojlund means we can't sign him? Competition for places is a good thing.
For me the issue is that we play a one striker system and both would need the majority of playing time to develop, with another young striker there they're eating into each other's minutes.