Berbatov | Fulham player

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I sense that attitudes towards Berbatov are shifting. People are finally coming to realise that it's brilliant to have a player of his ability in the squad, who is happy to play a bit-part role. I'm increasingly seeing people who are just appreciating him for his quality and the louche manner in which he conducts himself.

However, a few still insist on criticising. SSN was running stats this week alluding to the fact that he only scores against lowly teams. Football 365 said his hat-trick needs to take into account the fact that the game was a gimme. They went as far as calling him a flat track bully. My riposte would be, who cares? You get the same number of points for beating Wigan as you do any top team.

Way I see it is that we haven't always seen the best of Berbatov in big matches. As a result, he's no longer selected for them. That said, he virtually always does the business when selected for 'easier' matches. He keeps himself sharp, he makes no noise and he's always ready to play a part when selected.

What more could we want in an era when squad rotation is key? Fergie was talking about extending his deal by a year. I sure hope we take advantage of that option. Berbatov has settled perfectly as a United squad player.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
I sense that attitudes towards Berbatov are shifting. People are finally coming to realise that it's brilliant to have a player of his ability in the squad, who is happy to play a bit-part role. I'm increasingly seeing people who are just appreciating him for his quality and the louche manner in which he conducts himself.

However, a few still insist on criticising. SSN was running stats this week alluding to the fact that he only scores against lowly teams. Football 365 said his hat-trick needs to take into account the fact that the game was a gimme. They went as far as calling him a flat track bully. My riposte would be, who cares? You get the same number of points for beating Wigan as you do any top team.

Way I see it is that we haven't always seen the best of Berbatov in big matches. As a result, he's no longer selected for them. That said, he virtually always does the business when selected for 'easier' matches. He keeps himself sharp, he makes no noise and he's always ready to play a part when selected.

What more could we want in an era when squad rotation is key? Fergie was talking about extending his deal by a year. I sure hope we take advantage of that option. Berbatov has settled perfectly as a United squad player.
I suspect that's exactly the way Fergie sees it.

rocks13

I don't really see why being a 'flat track bully' is a criticism of a player when you consider the results Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and City had this week.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don't really see why being a 'flat track bully' is a criticism of a player when you consider the results Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and City had this week.
Great point. And if you read Football 365 regularly, you'll see that one of their favourite criticisms of the likes of Liverpool is that they drop silly points against the also rans.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fergie just said that we'll extend his contract. End of discussion.

Kelvin

To be honest, Fergie extending the contract does nothing more then protect the club from losing him on a free in the summer.
regardless it still great news and I hope he stay come next summer as well.

I'm always right

As I said earlier, if that contract gets extended as SAF has just said, he will certainly be here until June 2013. Zero chance of us selling him in the summer imo.

kietotheworld

Not yet we haven't, saying we will exercise the right to new is different from actually doing it.

Hal9000

As I said earlier, if that contract gets extended as SAF has just said, he will certainly be here until June 2013. Zero chance of us selling him in the summer imo.
We wouldn't let him go for free. If he's not sold in the summer, he'll be here till 2014.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
To be honest, Fergie extending the contract does nothing more then protect the club from losing him on a free in the summer.
True - the contract extention does not tell us anything at all about his future as we would never have let him leave on a free.

I'll be happy if he stays, but equally if we got a bid of £15m+ Id be happy to let him go for his own good.

Drifter

American
Fergie just said that we'll extend his contract. End of discussion.
He did not say that.He said the club will look at exercising the option on Berbatov in March.The Agent was talking about the second of January.There still could be a conflict on what the agent wants and what the club are offering.

Hal9000

He did not say that.He said the club will look at exercising the option on Berbatov in March.The Agent was talking about the second of January.There still could be a conflict on what the agent wants and what the club are offering.
Seem his agent maybe trying to get him out of United in Jan?

Bayer pretty much denied what his agent was saying about them wanting to sign him a few days back.

Seems he's trying to drum up interest for his client.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
As far as I know, when the club has the extention option it means the contact is extended on the same terms as exist already and the player/agent have no say in the matter.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What happens this time next year then? Or will he be in the Giggs mould and just keep signing 1 year extensions every year? Almost seems inevitable that sooner or later he'll walk away for free (unless the club are totally relaxed on the situation and know he wants to spend the rest of his career at the club even as a bit part player)

Amir

When I saw the news, I figured 'hey, nice to be proven wrong'. Until, of course, I realised that nothing has changed from the previous time Fergie said we'll be extending the deal...

No today changes nothing.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
When I saw the news, I figured 'hey, nice to be proven wrong'. Until, of course, I realised that nothing has changed from the previous time Fergie said we'll be extending the deal...

No today changes nothing.
Of course it does. Do you think he's having us on?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Not sure anyone would be surprised with the news. I would have have been shocked if they had allowed him to leave for free.

But that does not mean there will be no speculation in the summer. I guess it will depend on how much he plays between now and May.

If he is given chances and he takes them then yes he will most likely stay on next season too.

But if his 2nd half of the season is the same at as the 1st than surely he will be off in the summer.