Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

binary bot
Good episode.

Reminded me of the bloodiness of BB. Got me thinking that there's few people that we don't know the fate of so it can't go that route (in this time period at least). Is it just Kim, Lalo and Howard?

Bobade

Great episode.
gutted it had to be that way but I guess that's the best he could hope for. It's the frustrating thing with a prequel that you know when watching it that there are limited opportunities. It matters much less with Saul though as the story is so well told. Cinematography has always been amazing in BB/Saul, but felt especially so in this episode.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Good episode.

Reminded me of the bloodiness of BB. Got me thinking that there's few people that we don't know the fate of so it can't go that route (in this time period at least). Is it just Kim, Lalo and Howard?
dont forget the Gene timeline! Where we might get a Jessie sighting and I imagine a reuniting with Kim.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Nacho :(

Although it was always going to happen. One of the stronger characters in the story.

Jericholyte2

Some great TV, always feels ever the more
tragic dealing with a prequel knowing characters simply aren't going to make it through. It's the 'Rogue One' paradox.

dbs235

Gutted. Was convinced Mike was going to find a way to save him somehow and help him escape.

wr8_utd

:'(

Ignacio and Lalo being mentioned in the first episode of Breaking Bad. Am I the only one who has no recollection of this (and not connecting the dots now that we know who those two were/are)?!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Nacho went out like a boss.

It must be such a peculiar role for Hector's actor. "Okay, Mark. We really need you to hammer the bell in this scene."

youngrell

Great episode last night. I loved seeing Nacho finally speak his mind and bring a few of them down a peg or two.

The show is so good. Despite knowing the outcome of all the other guys in that scene, they still managed to make it intense, give you a sense of not knowing what will happen and then landed it perfectly.

Sandyman

Think we all knew this was going to happen but didn't expect it to happen so soon into the season.

And really feel for Nacho. He wanted to leave but got pushed in deeper and deeper until it finally ended him

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Ignacio and Lalo being mentioned in the first episode of Breaking Bad. Am I the only one who has no recollection of this (and not connecting the dots now that we know who those two were/are)?!
I’ve been rewatching BB with my son and noticed that. It’s cool.

Jev

That random namedrop is why Nacho and Lalo exist in BCS. They had different plans for Nacho (which would have made it make more sense for Saul to namedrop him there) but they liked the actor/character combo so much they made him a new arc that deviated from the original plan (and Saul's path). A bit like Jesse who was supposed to die in the first season of BB.

This week's episode was outstanding. One of the best in the series. Strong start to the season.

decorativeed

I only just started watching season 6, and after about 15 minutes, I had to go back and read what had happened in the previous season, as I watched it 2 years ago and couldn't remember enough of it to follow what was going on. I forgot all the different affiliations and factions.

padzilla

Hipster
I know we all seem to say every season that she won't survive but surely there'll be a mob hit this year?
She seems to be pushing harder and harder when it comes to being the driving force behind Jimmy's bad behaviour - her comment in this week's episode about doe he want to be remembered as a rat, suggests that storyline will be going deeper.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
She seems to be pushing harder and harder when it comes to being the driving force behind Jimmy's bad behaviour - her comment in this week's episode about doe he want to be remembered as a rat, suggests that storyline will be going deeper.
I think she ends up in jail, then we see her reunited with Jimmy in the post BB timeline.

wr8_utd

Yeah it does seem like she's far more accepting and getting deeper into Jimmy's world. Which is why I don't think we'll see her survive this season.

decorativeed

I enjoyed today's episode. I think after last week it needed to be more low stakes, and I like watching Jimmy/Saul putting a scheme into action.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Was it? It's got me more or less believing....

Mike's killing Kim

alone, not got this vibe from BCS without taking into account BB previously.
Yeah, as Ed said above, it needed to be a bit muted after last week. But it wasn’t bad by any stretch.

Gonna have to think on what you spoiled, that’s for sure.

wr8_utd

It was definitely a bit muted with nothing of consequence really happening. I guess it's a bit understandable given the events of the previous episode.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's a tension build up. We all want to know what's going to happen with Kim.

Filler was that fly episode in BB. I hated that one.

Rhea is so incredibly hot.

Jev

I love the show but I'm struggling to get really invested in the current Jimmy/Kim storyline.
With everything else they've been through and all the tension of the Chuck storyline, it just seems a bit anticlimactic for a final season to be centered around an elaborate plot to destroy a frankly likeable bit-part character. Also, I suppose it's part of the transformation from Jimmy to Saul but I'm just finding Jimmy and Kim rather detestable right now, and not in a particular interesting way like Walt.
Anyone else feeling the same?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I love the show but I'm struggling to get really invested in the current Jimmy/Kim storyline.
With everything else they've been through and all the tension of the Chuck storyline, it just seems a bit anticlimactic for a final season to be centered around an elaborate plot to destroy a frankly likeable bit-part character. Also, I suppose it's part of the transformation from Jimmy to Saul but I'm just finding Jimmy and Kim rather detestable right now, and not in a particular interesting way like Walt.
I think showing that they're pieces of shit is kind of the point. That scene in the car with Huwell, asking why he's doing this was nail on the head.
I guess, depending on Kim's fate, it'll be "he/she got what's coming moment". They obviously blame the blonde guy for Chuck's death and their own career trajectories. The climax of the Nacho storline probably has a lot do with the fact that this episode/storyline feels like a let down. What a brilliant actor.

wr8_utd

I don't dislike either of the two characters but I agree that this episode (and the Kim/Jimmy storyline this season) has been fairly underwhelming compared to the whole Vargas stuff. I'm hoping they can make it more engaging over the rest of the season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's a tension build up. We all want to know what's going to happen with Kim.

Filler was that fly episode in BB. I hated that one.

Rhea is so incredibly hot.
You think? There’s just something about her that keeps me from considering her as such. Dunno what it exactly is.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Still think Lalo has a big part to play yet and would guess it has something to do with Kim.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Was it? It's got me more or less believing....

Mike's killing Kim

alone, not got this vibe from BCS without taking into account BB previously.
Surely Saul wouldn't have carried on working with the former like nothing happened if that was the case?

binary bot
Might be strange to acknowledge now but the lawyer side of things puts me to sleep at this point. Jimmy's creative schemes have lost their charm due to their frequency and Howard's character hasn't been developed well. Too often watching waiting for Mike etc, to appear.

thank feck it looks like the storylines are merging

Suv666

Amazing show. Although I agree I'm much more invested in the cartel storyline than the lawyer stuff.
Nacho is an amazing character.