Bill Cosby | Guilty

reelworld

[QUOTE="Pexbo, post: 16876250, member: 44029"]There's been rumours of a child sex ring centred in Hollywood for years with all sorts of people involved.

We could be looking at America's Saville moment. Not that Cosby was as prolific as Saville, just that his accusations could be the catalyst to a lot of stuff being revealed and a lot of people working their hardest to keep them covered.[/QUOTE]
Was that the one with Bryan Singer? I seems to remember clearly that he was named as one of the ring leaders

Loublaze

ATLien
[QUOTE="Pexbo, post: 16876250, member: 44029"]There's been rumours of a child sex ring centred in Hollywood for years with all sorts of people involved.

We could be looking at America's Saville moment. Not that Cosby was as prolific as Saville, just that his accusations could be the catalyst to a lot of stuff being revealed and a lot of people working their hardest to keep them covered.
Was that the one with Bryan Singer? I seems to remember clearly that he was named as one of the ring leaders[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this earlier in this thread

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
There's been rumours of a child sex ring centred in Hollywood for years with all sorts of people involved.

We could be looking at America's Saville moment. Not that Cosby was as prolific as Saville, just that his accusations could be the catalyst to a lot of stuff being revealed and a lot of people working their hardest to keep them covered.
Spot on connection. Everyone covering other's ass like former presidents. Closed Hollywood communities just throw money at any of their problems and sadly it worked in the past and it's working now.

What are the police saying to all these women who are coming forward with accusations "sorry love, you're number 12, we need at least 25 before we arrest him"?

It seems bananas to me that he's not even been questioned by the police!
It happens to be that Cosby's attorney is no other than mr Marty Singer which New York Times just few years ago called 'Guard Dog To The Stars' who worked with characters like Charlie Sheen, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Quentin Tarantino or Sylvester Stallone from quite a time now.

The guy is member of: "Beverly Hills, Century City and Los Angeles County Bar Associations; State Bar of California. Special Agencies: California Labor Commissioner. Member of the International Reputation Protection ("IRP") Collaborative Community, and distinguished invited speaker and sole U.S. attorney representative at the 2010 IRP Symposium in Madrid."

Police surely won't have easy job against such icon but the case stinks anyway and hopefully there will be some official statements from both sides.

Last edited:

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
What are the police saying to all these women who are coming forward with accusations "sorry love, you're number 12, we need at least 25 before we arrest him"?

It seems bananas to me that he's not even been questioned by the police!
For many the statute of limitations has run out so not a damn thing the cops can do. Also not all the women are going to the cops they armrest going to the press or their lawyer. So nothing the cops can do there

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
And we will all assume he is guilty as sin unless he does. And even then depening on how and what he says.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Not at all. If he comments and is believable he will begin to sway opinion. Of course since he is guilty as sin he will come across badly if he does comment which is why he won't.

JustAFan

Not at all. If he comments and is believable he will begin to sway opinion. Of course since he is guilty as sin he will come across badly if he does comment which is why he won't.
As I said no point in him commenting. People will either believe him or they won't but it won't change whether he is actually guilty or not. On one hand you say you will assume he is guilty unless he does comment but then turn around and say even if he comments you will still assume he is guilty. Thanks for proving my point.

ravi2

As I said no point in him commenting. People will either believe him or they won't but it won't change whether he is actually guilty or not. On one hand you say you will assume he is guilty unless he does comment but then turn around and say even if he comments you will still assume he is guilty. Thanks for proving my point.
Given the amount of women that have come forward already (22+ at this point), plus the fact that they don't know each other and come from all over the US, many don't want money and their stories and accounts follow a pattern.... It is extremely improbable he is innocent.
Some of the women are famous (Beverly Johnson, Lou farringo 's wife etc)
These woman have nothing to gain.
If Cosby is being framed, it is the most elaborate frame up of all time.

The man is a rapist.

JustAFan

Given the amount of women that have come forward already (22+ at this point), plus the fact that they don't know each other and come from all over the US, many don't want money and their stories and accounts follow a pattern.... It is extremely improbable he is innocent.

The man is a rapist.
If you think I am saying he is innocent you are not actually following the conversation

Raoul

Admin
Staff

The man is a rapist.
I've been saying this since more than a few women came forward. Now there are nearly two dozen with potential others still keeping their silence because they don't want to drag their lives into the public spotlight. What i find bizarre is people who are oblivious to the fact that so many disparate women from every walk of life, a vast majority who didn't know one another, are coming forward.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What are you on about? His behavior combined with the huge number of similar accusations make him appear as guilty as sin. Unless he defends himself why should anyone not assume that he is as guilty as he seems? The only possible reason for him not to comment at this stage is that he is guilty as sin and doesn't he can come up with a convincing argument to the contrary despite being an actor.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If you think I am saying he is innocent you are not actually following the conversation
So you think he is guilty but that nobody should say so? What a load of cock. A presumption of innocence is a concept for the courtroom. Somewhere he is apparently unlikely to appear in due to the ludicrous statute of limitations that gives a free pass to criminals who can keep their victims quiet long enough.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
So you think he is guilty but that nobody should say so? What a load of cock. A presumption of innocence is a concept for the courtroom. Somewhere he is apparently unlikely to appear in due to the ludicrous statute of limitations that gives a free pass to criminals who can keep their victims quiet long enough.
Ludicrous?

And there is nothing wrong with reserving judgement since there are no facts out. The number of accusations have no bearing outside a court of law where they can be vetted.

I find it equally unbelieveable that a black man can rape a huge amount of white women in an America that was still discriminatory... And get away with it. But that doesn't factor into my opinion on his innocence or guilt.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Absolutely ludicrous. Why on earth should you get a pass on a crime because a certain amount of time has gone by?

Bill Cosby was a celebrity so his colour is almost irrelevant. And the number of similar accusations often from people with nothing to gain monetarily is hugely damming outside a court of law. If he didn't do it then why won't he say that he didn't do it?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
That's it right there. You're looking at one of the most elaborate frame ups ever for Cosby to be innocent. He obviously isn't, even with the context of the case aside in terms of sheer number of women coming forward, relation to each other and what they stand to gain, his stance and reaction to it has been telling.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ludicrous?

And there is nothing wrong with reserving judgement since there are no facts out. The number of accusations have no bearing outside a court of law where they can be vetted.

I find it equally unbelieveable that a black man can rape a huge amount of white women in an America that was still discriminatory... And get away with it. But that doesn't factor into my opinion on his innocence or guilt.

There aren't likely to be any legal proceedings in every single case, especially since some of the allegations go back up to 45 years. At this point there are only the words of 22 plus women vs the silence of one man.

JustAFan

Try actually reading my posts no place did I even come close to saying nobody should say he is guilty. No idea why you even think I said that. I have clearly been talking about whether it matters or not if Bill makes public comments. Reading comprehension FTW

JustAFan

There aren't likely to be any legal proceedings in every single case, especially since some of the allegations go back up to 45 years. At this point there are only the words of 22 plus women vs the silence of one man.
Some can and will pursue civil cases. In civil cases the burden of proof is much lower than in criminal cases. He will need some really good lawyers to win those cases.

JustAFan

If you google statute of limitations you can find the history and reasons behind them. Where they are applicable. Exceptions. Etc. agree with them or not but there are some reasons they exist.

Don't Kill Bill

Absolutely ludicrous. Why on earth should you get a pass on a crime because a certain amount of time has gone by?

Bill Cosby was a celebrity so his colour is almost irrelevant. And the number of similar accusations often from people with nothing to gain monetarily is hugely damming outside a court of law. If he didn't do it then why won't he say that he didn't do it?

Obviously in an ideal world you shouldn't but there are two very good reason why there has to be a cut off point.

There is a finite amount of police time and resource to hold the files and investigate old crimes without reducing the effort on more recent ones.

The dependability of witnesses and the ability of the accused to defend themselves.

A judgement has been made about how far back you can go in the public interest/interest of justice. You can argue the exact time but where ever you draw the line you will get cases like this.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Unfinished cases like this may only motivate rapists in doing their shit to other people. There must be some kind of outrage and response or we can just all assume that you can get away with basically every fecked up thing after certain amount of time.

If it wasn't Bill Cosby and it was some random Joe, he would probably be already in federal prison. Often people talk about inequalities when you can clearly see that with little amount of cash you can hire attorney that will basically shit on everybody and everything, including prosecutors from L.A. who I bet had dozens of cases like this one... but this time it's Bill Cosby and we can't even suspect that he did something bad in his past full of showbiz sponsored drugs and parties.

JustAFan

Anyone know how many of the women had tried to press charges at the time of they were assaulted? The possible issue of the police or prosecutors not taking the charges seriously or because it was a celebrity involved them being unwilling to pursue the case is what has me asking this.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Try actually reading my posts no place did I even come close to saying nobody should say he is guilty. No idea why you even think I said that. I have clearly been talking about whether it matters or not if Bill makes public comments. Reading comprehension FTW
You plainly do have a point other than an academic point about him commenting.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Obviously in an ideal world you shouldn't but there are two very good reason why there has to be a cut off point.

There is a finite amount of police time and resource to hold the files and investigate old crimes without reducing the effort on more recent ones.

The dependability of witnesses and the ability of the accused to defend themselves.

A judgement has been made about how far back you can go in the public interest/interest of justice. You can argue the exact time but where ever you draw the line you will get cases like this.
The first reason can't justify letting criminals get away with their crimes and the second is irrelevant as the DPP (or equivalent) will decline to prosecute if this is a significant factor and even then juries can judge the reliability of evidence.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Pretend? If you have no other point why would you bother distracting from a serious subject by repeatedly making it?

TBH I don't believe you. You seem to have a strong pro-Cosby stance or some other agenda possibly related to women making accusations (or perhaps about accusations in general) or at least something other than wanting to make a comment about commenting.

JustAFan

Pretend? If you have no other point why would you bother distracting from a serious subject by repeatedly making it?

TBH I don't believe you. You seem to have a strong pro-Cosby stance or some other agenda possibly related to women making accusations (or perhaps about accusations in general) or at least something other than wanting to make a comment about commenting.
Well I can see how you would think that if you take what I have posted and then added a bunch of stuff I did not say that you made up in your own mind. So good luck with that.

JustAFan

The similarity being they all claimed they were raped by Bill Cosby. When 15 women, most of whom have never met one another, make such a claim, its highly unlikely they are all lying.
Would add beyound just agreeing, that I find it impossible that this many women (well I think we are closing in on 30 women now) are making up allegations. With Cosby being rich, famous and therefore powerful, how many of these women tried to press charges before, but were stopped in their tracks but cops or prosecutors willing to proctect a rich, famous, powerful person?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Let's say everyone here are inexperienced model/actress, a newcomer to showbiz and you just woke up drugged to a higher degree than Carrie Fisher on set of Empire Strikes Back with a rape stench all over your vagina after partying with Bill Cosby who just invited you to sit on his dick while it was still in his pants then:

1. You go to the Police and pray they'll believe you, that you were raped by superstar entertainment icon on a closed party and you're absolutely sure that nothing bad can happen to you after that.

2. You try to cope with that to the rest of your days and just trying to have normal life with family not risking that someone powerful may ridicule you for years to come and basically ruin every of yours and your family's future career pursue.

3. After years you see that there are others like you and maybe there's a chance to elucidate something and exchange painful experience.

4. All these women are lying rats that can be easily sued to the ground. Bill is innocent, got the money to make case and best lawyer but instead there's silence and ex NBC worker who says that he helped Cosby to pay off women to basically shut them up.

We all just want answers to a not very complicated question but let's say that he's given an official permission to his new TV show or whatever kicking on air. Let's say everything's peachy. Do you think people will be focused on enjoying the show or still unanswered question about him shoving a dick between legs of a multiple drugged girls ? The creepiest David Lynch's movies didn't had that level of confusion but that's exactly a result of unanswered questions from last 30 years at least.

Perhaps Bill Cosby is innocent and I would enjoy his new show... if he could just answer a question and give me finally even one simple reason to believe in his own integrity.

JustAFan

Let's say everyone here are inexperienced model/actress, a newcomer to showbiz and you just woke up drugged to a higher degree than Carrie Fisher on set of Empire Strikes Back with a rape stench all over your vagina after partying with Bill Cosby who just invited you to sit on his dick while it was still in his pants then:

1. You go to the Police and pray they'll believe you, that you were raped by superstar entertainment icon on a closed party and you're absolutely sure that nothing bad can happen to you after that.

2. You try to cope with that to the rest of your days and just trying to have normal life with family not risking that someone powerful may ridicule you for years to come and basically ruin every of yours and your family's future career pursue.

3. After years you see that there are others like you and maybe there's a chance to elucidate something and exchange painful experience.

4. All these women are lying rats that can be easily sued to the ground. Bill is innocent, got the money to make case and best lawyer but instead there's silence and ex NBC worker who says that he helped Cosby to pay off women to basically shut them up.

We all just want answers to a not very complicated question but let's say that he's given an official permission to his new TV show or whatever kicking on air. Let's say everything's peachy. Do you think people will be focused on enjoying the show or still unanswered question about him shoving a dick between legs of a multiple drugged girls ? The creepiest David Lynch's movies didn't had that level of confusion but that's exactly a result of unanswered questions from last 30 years at least.

Perhaps Bill Cosby is innocent and I would enjoy his new show... if he could just answer a question and give me finally even one simple reason to believe in his own integrity.

One points out a very real problem the women would have faced pressing charges at the time. Two and three seem very likely. Four, nope not going to believe that they are all liars, or even any of them are liars, until someone can give me some believable evidence.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff

We don't have a statute of limitations in the UK for serious sexual crimes and it seems to work pretty well. It's heartening when someone is finally caught because of advances in investigative technology. I should imagine that it gives victims and surviving relatives a great deal of comfort.

JustAFan

We don't have a statute of limitations in the UK for serious sexual crimes and it seems to work pretty well. It's heartening when someone is finally caught because of advances in investigative technology. I should imagine that it gives victims and surviving relatives a great deal of comfort.
I would imagine these cases will raise the issue of adjusting the statue of limitation laws to exclude rape, most already exclude things like murder, sexual crimes against children and even non-sexual abuse of children to name a few things excluded.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So apparently Bill decided to hire some private detectives to find something on all of his accusers. Not that he ever need to answer one question about any of his past behaviours and that alone could bring some light on these women but the circus will expand and there will be an avalanche of dirt for everybody.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Just saw this in a facebook feed.

This is the first time I’ve posted about Bill Cosby and all the women who’ve accused him of rape and sexual assault.

I felt compelled to do so because of what his most recent accuser just wrote in the Huffington Post.

Her name is Cindra Ladd.
She’s a very wealthy woman.
Her husband is the former President of Twentieth Century Fox.

So it seems to me she has absolutely nothing to gain financially by coming forward.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cindra-ladd/bill-cosby-trust-me_b_6526064.html

Here is a slightly condensed version of what she wrote.
Please give yourself a moment to read it.
Especially the last paragraph:

In 1969 I met Bill Cosby.
I was a 21-year-old single woman.
He was a 32-year-old internationally known comedian and television star. He asked for my number and I gave it to him.

We began hanging out.
He was married to his current wife and he acted like a perfect gentleman who didn't come on to (me), which, I have to admit, made me wonder what his objective was.

One night we were going out to a movie.
We agreed to meet at an apartment that he said belonged to a friend of his. I had a terrible headache.
He told me he had a miracle cure his doctor had given him that would get rid of the headache.
He went into another room and came back with a capsule.
I asked a couple of times what it was.
Each time he reassured me, asking, "Don't you trust me?"
Of course I did.
This was Bill Cosby.

For more than 45 years I have tried to recall exactly what happened that night. To this day it remains a blur.

(But) what I do recall, vividly and clearly, is waking up the next morning nude in the bed of his friend's apartment and seeing Cosby wearing a white terrycloth bathrobe and acting as if there was nothing unusual.

It was obvious to me that he had had sex with me.
I was horrified, embarrassed and ashamed.

After some awkward small talk, I got out of there as fast as I could. Once in the elevator, I broke down crying.
It never occurred to me to go to the police.
It was a different time and "date rape" was a concept that didn't exist. Other than my roommate, I did not discuss that night with anyone for 36 years.

Like millions of people, I watched The Cosby Show and was a fan. But as I watched Dr. Cliff Huxtable, so compassionate and kind, so honorable and wise, I could never reconcile that image with the Bill Cosby I encountered so many years ago.

Those who suffer from these types of assaults know the prison of shame, bewilderment and disbelief.
Like so many victims, my way of coping was to shove the memory into the back of my mind.

I only revealed nine years ago what happened that night to my husband of nearly 30 years after another woman went public with similar allegations and sued Cosby.

I always thought I was the only one.
I couldn't believe he had done this to others.
I told my story to our attorney, who is also a good friend, because I was considering going public then, but eventually chose not to because the case was settled.

This is the first time I have chosen to speak out about that night.
It is also the last time I intend to address it publicly.
I have no plans to sue.
I don't want or need money.
I have no plans for a press conference or for doing any interviews.

So why speak out at all and why now?
The simple answer is that it's the right thing to do.
The truth deserves to be known.
As I write this, more than 20 women have come forward, many with stories that are remarkably similar to mine.
In response to these brave women, I have read comments like, "What took them so long?" and "What are they after now"?

I would ask these people to remember that up until relatively recently, prosecuting rape was a "he said/she said" proposition where the victim was blamed for having worn "suggestive clothing" or questioned as to why she went somewhere with her rapist.

After having done a lot of work on myself, I realize that we are only as sick as the secrets we keep.
Once those secrets are spoken aloud, even if to just one person, they lose their power.
I no longer feel the shame that kept me silent.
Yes, I could have told my story years ago, and in hindsight I probably should have.
It's time now that my voice be added and to finally pull the curtain back from this dark moment in my life.

In the years since that night I have crossed paths with Cosby only once, when my husband, a highly successful Oscar-winning film executive and producer, introduced me to him.
I was shaking, wondering if he would recognize me by my unusual first name.
His reaction spoke volumes.
To Bill Cosby, I was just another stranger.

Cindra Ladd
1/26/15

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
You know what's even sadder ? Bill's gonna hire private dicks now to find any dirt on her and her family.

I wonder how her closest ones reacted when she told them about it. I would probably consider hiring hitman and the chances are I could easily afford it from what was written in this article.