Boehly is going to ruin Chelsea (hopefully)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fair enough - didn't know that and shouldn't have used the word "any".

That said, this doesn't apply in Hall's case or just about any that I can think of given that there are specific requirements in the deal.
When I read about this deal i didn't see any conditions, it was mentioned as good as done deal as it was obligation.

Anyways this won't matter, if club wants to make some money, they will always make it easily as there will be lot of buyers for potential players.

TsuWave

to be honest, I don’t think celebrating Chinese new year is bad I’ll just take any chance to laugh

M Bison

Supports
York City
Burn everything thing down.
Must be a massive concern, for us I always felt an ownership change would help (jury still out on that as early days) but for you guys it feels like a mess and its new ownership so that aspect isnt going to change.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Must be a massive concern, for us I always felt an ownership change would help (jury still out on that as early days) but for you guys it feels like a mess and its new ownership so that aspect isnt going to change.
Perhaps the difference is the starting level. The Glazers have effectively run us terribly for a decade and a half, so INEOS can hardly do worse. Abramovich had Chelsea as a leading force, winning trophies and in the Champions League most years. They have much further to fall.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
l have mentally checked out. We’re 2 years in and all I’ve seen from this ownership is chaos, unprecedented chaotic spending with little to no plan on how to make it work. My expectations for the remainder of this season and the future in general is on the floor. Doesn’t matter if they throw £100m at Osimhen. I expect failure.

Tarrou

those investors he somehow convinced this was a great idea must be livid now

like where is the pay-off coming from here? It makes so little sense at the moment

Zen86

l have mentally checked out. We’re 2 years in and all I’ve seen from this ownership is chaos, unprecedented chaotic spending with little to no plan on how to make it work. My expectations for the remainder of this season and the future in general is on the floor. Doesn’t matter if they throw £100m at Osimhen. I expect failure.
Oh don’t worry, we understand that pain quite well.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’d be surprised if Osimhen fancied the move if I’m honest.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Come on Todd, pull the trigger and go for Jesse March. You know you want to

Mr Smith

How is it even possible? Genuinely, with that amount of spending, surely any club has to go forwards? Even a little?
And this is why the idea of solving problems by spending is such a fallacy. Chelsea have basically bought a new squad over the last 12-18 months; not a new team, a new squad. Basically, they actually took the "sell everyone, start from scratch" approach that you ovmdten see people begging for around here after a run of bad results. And what it's shown is that if you don't have a clear strategy and don't integrate these players gradually, it actually makes you worse, nit better.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

like where is the pay-off coming from here? It makes so little sense at the moment
Premier league needs to become the soccer NFL...

So payoff not very soon...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I’d be surprised if Osimhen fancied the move if I’m honest.
If he's as big a mercenary as the rest of them have been, he'll be signing that 50 year contract.

As people are asking how can you spend £1bn and be this shit? Easy, you buy mercenaries for huge monies. That's how. We said as much and were told to quieten down. I guess some people need to learn the long, hard, way round.

Tyrion

to be honest, I don’t think celebrating Chinese new year is bad I’ll just take any chance to laugh
It's not bad to celebrate it but I'd have thought you'd celebrate it by having it as a theme in the match day programme or something.

How is it even possible? Genuinely, with that amount of spending, surely any club has to go forwards? Even a little?
I think the problem is that they bought an entirely new team. So much spending so quickly is probably impossible to get right.

Chelsea might have a good team in a year or two but I can't imagine any way Boehly makes a profit on all this. It's incredible they were so confident that they knew better that they spent that much money.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Other clubs are missing the trick here. Collectively, they could really do some damage on Chelsea by not giving them ridiculous fees for players like Gallagher.
let's give them a hand by taking Enzo Fernández out of their hands. American owners should do the right thing and help each other out in times of crisis. I'm sure we can get Enzo some sort of space in our stacked midfield
In late May/early June I'd try lowballing them with an offer for Palmer that's well below his current valuation but a profit on the 42m they spent on him. He is a Wythenshawe lad after all and his family are Reds. Plus he'd be the perfect solution to our RW problem.

OleGunnar20

Even in my football manager heyday as a bored 14 year old I didn't go as mad as Chelsea have. It's fun to see it all fall apart so predictably.

mu4c_20le

In late May/early June I'd try lowballing them with an offer for Palmer that's well below his current valuation but a profit on the 42m they spent on him. He is a Wythenshawe lad after all and his family are Reds. Plus he'd be the perfect solution to our RW problem.
Let's go for it, they owe us one for Mount. Does he have an anti-United clause though, like that madrid dude.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Let's go for it, they owe us one for Mount. Does he have an anti-United clause though, like that madrid dude.
Good question. The clause in Diaz's contract was so widely publicised, I'm not sure if that was just a one-off or if it's become the norm with most of City's sales since then.

gajender

Good question. The clause in Diaz's contract was so widely publicised, I'm not sure if that was just a one-off or if it's become the norm with most of City's sales since then.
I don't think it's a norm I velieve Guardiola is on record stating City won't stop players from leaving to even to their rivals if they wish so because Big Clubs should be confident in their own ability or something to that effect .

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Ara you missing the irony or am I missing your sarcasm?

We've spent over 1.5 billion since SAF (almost 400m of that for EtH alone) and been terrible ourselves.

At least Chelsea will be paying less in wages and have a significant resale value.

Ludens the Red

What you’ve got to remember is some of these players they signed have false values. Caicedo, Enzo, Mudryk in particular are worth absolutely nowhere near the amount paid for them. Caicedo did have a strong year with Brighton in the prem but generally all three players have little/no experience playing at the highest level and all three have underwhelmed massively.
They basically ripped apart and sold a team of players who had won the CL, finished 3rd/4th and got to two cup finals and signed all these young and unproven players and given them all 6-8 year contracts. I know the poster above mentioned resale value but what resale value? A resale value of a quarter of the paid price.

I don’t think it’s said enough about how this whole thing they’ve done is possibly one of the most dumbest things ever seen/witnessed in football. There’ll be documentaries on this in 30 years time. It was an absolutely stupid method to take at rebuilding a club. A club that didn’t even need rebuilding.

December_16

We've spent over 1.5 billion since SAF (almost 400m of that for EtH alone) and been terrible ourselves.

At least Chelsea will be paying less in wages and have a significant resale value.
Meh, no fun in keep wallowing in your own misery. I feel enough disappointment and negativity from us in the last 10 years. Always more fun to laugh at someone else’s expense.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Chelsea remind me of the old times where I play football manager. I’d use to increase my transfer budget in the editor, spend hours selling almost half the team and buying an entire new team but when the season starts I’ll just quit the game without saving when I lose the first few games.

RoyH1

Yeah, but at least our owners/top brass embrace their trust fund baby status and don't come in with pretensions of "disrupting the sport" "take a bit of a lesson of American sports".

The schadenfreude is absolutely delicious. And I don't think that so many of their players have the resale value you think they have.

MegadrivePerson

I was listening to the Ben Foster podcast at the weekend and he was talking about how giving all these players such long contracts is so stupid because it means that some of these players will essentially just mentally check out now as they know that they're secure for the next seven to eight years.

Even though they aren't on particularly high wages they will really struggle to get rid of some of the players that don't make it.

Let's take Mudryk for example. He's on 100k a week until 2031. Who is going to offer him anywhere close to that sort of money?

KeanoMagicHat

What you’ve got to remember is some of these players they signed have false values. Caicedo, Enzo, Mudryk in particular are worth absolutely nowhere near the amount paid for them. Caicedo did have a strong year with Brighton in the prem but generally all three players have little/no experience playing at the highest level and all three have underwhelmed massively.
They basically ripped apart and sold a team of players who had won the CL, finished 3rd/4th and got to two cup finals and signed all these young and unproven players and given them all 6-8 year contracts. I know the poster above mentioned resale value but what resale value? A resale value of a quarter of the paid price.

I don’t think it’s said enough about how this whole thing they’ve done is possibly one of the most dumbest things ever seen/witnessed in football. There’ll be documentaries on this in 30 years time. It was an absolutely stupid method to take at rebuilding a club. A club that didn’t even need rebuilding.
Well said and hilarious when you think about it. The idea that spending £100m+ on players at 21 or 22 and they're going to turn into £150m players is laughable. There just isn't the market for that first of all, unless they go to select few other clubs like Chelsea. Secondly, spending £100 million on them is their peak value. If they're big hits, you're probably not going to sell them until they're 28 or 29, at which point they no longer have the same resale value. If they're perfectly average, then you probably get £50-60m max. If they're shite, then you get either nothing or miniscule return on your investment.