g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhail

I’d take him at Barca over griezmann in a heartbeat, griezmann is really good but martial suits us way better and is younger and can play on the left which griezmann hasn’t done for sometime now

extincti fugax hominum

Not to fussed about him, the club is getting ready for a crucial session that demand a major trophy.

There's no room for drama queens!

The club really need to win big time or we might lose our statue as one of the biggest clubs in the world.

People need to support the club not the individuals who aren't mature yet and easy to manipulate through their agents.

When Rom got injured he had a chance to make something out of nothing but he blow it away catastrophically.

If him leaving is to fund our needs to a truly WC player who can lift us once again then I'm %100 behind it.

We still have many promising youngsters coming through the lines for those who love watching them blossom carefully.
:lol:

We could have gone years without a league or CL title and our stature as one of the biggest clubs in the world wouldn't change one bit. You know, Forbes have announced just two days ago that United are the most valuable club in the world football for two consecutive years even without much of a success in the last 5 years and Real winning the CL since b.c.e.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-named-most-valuable-football-club-by-forbes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...most-valuable-soccer-teams-2018/#78187c0d45c8

We need more players like Lukaku. I do not see that in Martial.
Yeah, you're right. Martial has a great first touch.

Sanchez, Rashford and Martial competing for the same position and all more comfortable on the left. However, good, there's just no room for 3 players for the same position. Sanchez a Mourinho purchase and Rashford a local lad from the academy. Martial was to be the player to suffer.

If we get a quality replacement for the right wing it would balance the side and Martial would be soon forgotten.
And Martial will probably be the best of those three in a couple of years. This is why we must keep him and judge players on their quality not being a local lad or a manager's purchase. This is also why we have to have a DoF to prevent the manager sabotaging the club for the sake of his egos and stupid obsessions.

red thru&thru

So, let’s look at this just on last year alone...

Martial was never given the chance to shine last year?
Martial was playing so well, consistently enough, that Jose left him out the team, for NO apparent reason and he replaced him with Sanchez?
Martial was affecting our game so much, that we were in with the title fight but soon as we dropped Martial for Sanchez, we also dropped out the title race?

So Jose is paid for getting results. If he’s not getting those results with one set of players, he tries to mix it up a little, with the playing staff and tries to bring in the results. Is that good or bad management?

United offer Martial a contract but he doesn’t want to sign and wants to leave. So that means Jose is pushing him out of the club?

Frank Grimes

I like Martial but the adoration he receives compared to his performance level is more than with any player in my time watching United. For example he won 3 player of the month awards last season through fan votes and his performances warranted maybe one. I do agree he has been treated a little harshly by Mourinho but he still had ample opportunity to make his mark. If Martial really wanted to he could have redoubled his efforts this summer, come back to train early and get ahead of the game and try and make it impossible for Mourinho to ignore him next season. This is probably more about Martial preparing to leave so he can get more money elsewhere than a lot of people want to acknowledge.

redIndianDevil

Why would Mourinho deliberately push Martial out if there was no just cause?
Did you just start watching football or are you deliberately being dull just for the sake of it? New managers always prefer the players they sign personally, it reflects badly on them when a player they signed doesn't do well. That's why Lukaku and Sanchez kept on playing despite being crap for large periods of time until they hit some form.

R'hllor

Still think he'll stay and eventually sign a new contract.
Not sure if there is an solution to cover all sides, like him signing a new 5 year contract for example and then instant send him on 2 year loan somewhere of his choice where he is going to play every week, guess with 2 years in same club, he will be viewed differently then if he just goes on one year. Money wise its stupid to pay to play for someone else then again he would be out of JM world and playing, his value wouldnt drop etc.

GM K

Only thing I can say is I hope you are right man. I expect much more from a Man Utd #7 and especially from someone like Alexis who has played in the league for years and proven to be a great player, but from what I've seen so far its been a massive disappointment. He's also turning 30 in 6 months, and that certainly won't help
I wouldn't worry much about his age. Pirlo joined Juventus at 32 and had 4 glorious seasons with them. I can go on and on with examples. If he finds the necessary motivations, Sanchez can still be a top player for United.

Last edited:

gajender

Still think he'll stay and eventually sign a new contract.
Do you really think Club and Mourinho would want him to stay after he has gone public with his demand to leave. I am big fan of Martial and think he is most talented attacking youngster at the Club but he has not achieved much in the game to play such games in media and force clubs hand if that was his intention but I very much doubt it ,most probably he just wants to leave .

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its seems that its always the Ronaldos, the Beckhams and the Martials who want to leave us. You barely ever hear the Philip Nevilles, the John OSheas or the Jesse Lingards threatening to leave......shame.

redIndianDevil

I wonder why so many people are rubbishing off Martial and at the same time don't want to sell him to a Premier League rival either. If he was so crap wouldnt it make sense to push him off to a rival?

gajender

Its seems that its always the Ronaldos, the Beckhams and the Martials who want to leave us. You barely ever hear the Philip Nevilles, the John OSheas or the Jesse Lingards threatening to leave......shame.
Hey man what happened to you weren't you ok with us selling him if he wasn't interested in signing a new contract as long as we invest to address our right side there is still plenty of time to do that or you have lost faith in Sanchez and Rashford.

walkinhop

Don't know how to feel about it. In a perfect world he would not mind the chaotic attacking tactics and would perform at a 100%. The truth is none of our attackers achieved the next level last season. Some, however, got to play much more which is not surprising.

I still think it's a pity because the tactics actively sabotage creative players. This being said, nobody knows how he would turn up if he had 3 seasons of constant play.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I like Martial but the adoration he receives compared to his performance level is more than with any player in my time watching United. For example he won 3 player of the month awards last season through fan votes and his performances warranted maybe one. I do agree he has been treated a little harshly by Mourinho but he still had ample opportunity to make his mark. If Martial really wanted to he could have redoubled his efforts this summer, come back to train early and get ahead of the game and try and make it impossible for Mourinho to ignore him next season. This is probably more about Martial preparing to leave so he can get more money elsewhere than a lot of people want to acknowledge.
He did that this season. Was constantly on the bench and literally scored or assisted and did whatever he could with the 10 minutes he was getting. Got a few starts eventually, kept his spot, got a few POTM's and really kicked on in late December/early January, and then we sign Sanchez, he gets first moved to the right wing (when has he ever played there for us) and then dropped the next game. Again starts on the right after that, and then dropped and not even first off the bench. He barely got any real chance after Sanchez signed. Mourinho couldn't wait to take him off.

devilish

Do you really think Club and Mourinho would want him to stay after he has gone public with his demand to leave. I am big fan of Martial and think he is most talented attacking youngster at the Club but he has not achieved much in the game to play such games in media and force clubs hand if that was his intention but I very much doubt it ,most probably he just wants to leave .
Rooney did it so

Abdullah7

:lol:

We could have gone years without a league or CL title and our stature as one of the biggest clubs in the world wouldn't change one bit. You know Forbes announced just two days ago that United are the most valuable club in the world football even without much of a success in the last 5 years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-named-most-valuable-football-club-by-forbes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...most-valuable-soccer-teams-2018/#78187c0d45c8

I didn't mean it latterly. I meant our stature as one of the biggest clubs has always been connected to us winning major trophies.

The fan shouldn't be concerned of how much the club makes through it's marketing as it doesn't affect him one bit.

Instead, results that calculative to trophies have a far meaningful prize to the fan.

Last edited:

Green_Red

It's funny why people think United are the pinnacle now when we have been struggling and haven't won a major trophy or even competed for one realistically for at least 5 years. I don't count the EL as a major honor before some of you jump in.

Unless we suddenly become the best team in the PL and he is in a team which is struggling to get a CL spot, I don't see how he will rue anything.
Yea we arent the 'pinnicle', thats why I named the 3 clubs Id consider bigger than us that he couls go to. Any club outside that will be a step down imo, particularly when you consider the squad Jose is building. He could put his desire for cash and game time over that and stay and be part of something. Thats all I was thinking.

Frank Grimes

He did that this season. Was constantly on the bench and literally scored or assisted and did whatever he could with the 10 minutes he was getting. Got a few starts eventually, kept his spot, got a few POTM's and really kicked on in late December/early January, and then we sign Sanchez, he gets first moved to the right wing (when has he ever played there for us) and then dropped the next game. Again starts on the right after that, and then dropped and not even first off the bench. He barely got any real chance after Sanchez signed. Mourinho couldn't wait to take him off.
I know mate but it's Manchester United, you have to take every chance. Playing on the right is not ideal but I believe a truly top player can play either side without any drama,it was actually a good opportunity for him to stake his claim but he played poor more than once.

gajender

Rooney did it so
Oh I remember but Rooney was bonafide star at that time I have no problem genuine world class players pulling this stunt if it comes to that but Martial body of work is fairly limited but Mourinho has played this situation very badly and it should have been handled by club lot better than it has been.

devilish

Hey man what happened to you weren't you ok with us selling him if he wasn't interested in signing a new contract as long as we invest to address our right side there is still plenty of time to do that or you have lost faith in Sanchez and Rashford.
I still believe that. However that doesn't mean I am not saddened about it. We keep losing too many top young players if you ask me which is a shame. Imagine our team with pique at the back and Ronaldo upfront.

I was wrong on sanchez though. I thought we would slot him on the right. Instead he ended up on the left pissing off our best winger in the process. Lets hope we learn from that and we briing players who play in the areas we actually need

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I know mate but it's Manchester United, you have to take every chance. Playing on the right is not ideal but I believe a truly top player can play either side without any drama,it was actually a good opportunity for him to stake his claim but he played poor more than once.
Ah yes , I remember Cristiano Ronaldo taking every chance and playing well every game when he was developing

R'hllor

Funny how same shit isnt applied to Sanchez, why Sanchez as truly top player, world class even how some said here, isnt on the right doing his thing.

mu4c_20le

His mentality, his work rate, his determination, his hunger, his talent.
Not everybody shows their determination like that. Remember Berbatov? I thought we've been over this already even people joked about Martial never smiling.

CA_vampire

Rooney did it so
Yeah, but Rooney was already a superstar and our best player. And he stayed and he became our all time top scorer. Do you believe that if Martial stays he will become our all time top scorer, or close to that? If not, there is no point comparing them...

Frank Grimes

Ah yes , I remember Cristiano Ronaldo taking every chance and playing well every game when he was developing
Martial is no Ronaldo mate.
Funny how same shit isnt applied to Sanchez, why Sanchez as truly top player, world class even how some said here, isnt on the right doing his thing.
That was Jose's choice but still does not excuse Martial's poor displays there.

mu4c_20le

I wonder why so many people are rubbishing off Martial and at the same time don't want to sell him to a Premier League rival either. If he was so crap wouldnt it make sense to push him off to a rival?
Im guessing most are mourinho fans who have accepted that he will never thrive under jose's system, and hes not good enough to be a Hazard just yet.

NK86

So the fact we’ve just purchased a 19 year old and a 25 year old only means we’re building for now. Complete tosh post mate. You’ve not a single clue who United are going to sign! Stop getting mixed up with media stories and facts.
The majority of his signings have been under 26.
If we sign a top RW player who is about to hit his prime, it will be fine. But his attacking signings haven't been great so far. The scepticism is not misplacrd.

crossy1686

career ending
Could just be angling for a big pay rise. I reckon a contract bigger than anyone else would pay would see him sign on again.

99withaflake

Getting a bit fed up of the whole Martial situation, the inconsistency, the rumours, this type of public tactic from his agent.

Yes, he's got all the talent in the world, and part of the reason he's not fulfilling his promise is due to the manager. An even bigger part is due to the player himself, and he has to recognise this.

If he's willing to keep his head down, fight for his spot, work hard on his game and grab his chances when he gets them, sure, stay at the club. That's exactly the type of character that is needed in the squad.

If not, best to go somewhere else. I'll wish him the best of luck.

gajender

I still believe that. However that doesn't mean I am not saddened about it. We keep losing too many top young players if you ask me which is a shame. Imagine our team with pique at the back and Ronaldo upfront.

I was wrong on sanchez though. I thought we would slot him on the right. Instead he ended up on the left pissing off our best winger in the process. Lets hope we learn from that and we briing players who play in the areas we actually need

I am also saddened by it and still believe if Mourinho had been bit smarter in handling the situation like making Rashford sole understudy of Lukaku and Martial competing with Sanchez with them having fair chance to win the position depending on their form it could have been all avoided .

Agree on your point about losing young players we need to address that hopefully this would end with Martial, regarding Pique we opted for Evans over him I believe we may be repeating same mistake with giving Rashford preference over Martial. Ronaldo sale was basically a Insurance cover for Glazer's takeover in case things went South .

About the bolded part that's why I hope we are not in for Griezmann instead bring players who are naturally suited to play in the position we buy them for.[/QUOTE]

gajender

Could just be angling for a big pay rise. I reckon a contract bigger than anyone else would pay would see him sign on again.
I am talking about Clubs stance on this Martial I believe given assurance over game time and big fat contract could certainly revise his position but I think Club may not be so forgiving about his public posturing.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Yea it’s absurd. It’s sort of like the recognition Arsenal fans used to give to Wilshere. Sure he showed flashes here and there but never consistent. Same thing with Martial. Beyond me how people can cheer on his potential when he’s never tapped into it consistently enough. There’s a fine line where you realize maybe he’s just not as good as he was expected to be.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Did you just start watching football or are you deliberately being dull just for the sake of it? New managers always prefer the players they sign personally, it reflects badly on them when a player they signed doesn't do well. That's why Lukaku and Sanchez kept on playing despite being crap for large periods of time until they hit some form.
Yea Rado, don't be stupid, can't you see how Mou is constantly playing Mkhitaryan despite him being shite recently?

Wait a minute...

Highfather_24

I always felt Martial played best when he played as a CF or a support striker at United. That's not to say he didnt play well as a left winger, but I think he plays best centrally, closer to goal. As that's not gonna happen at United with Lukaku and Rashford, whether rightly/wrongly, its best to cash in.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sanchez is a brilliant player. Martial wants to leave. How is that a disgrace?
Right Sanchez is such a brilliant player. He has scored a grand total of 2 brilliant goals for us in half season. What a brilliant forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.