Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Struggled against Traore in the 2nd half. Not surprising but thought he could have defended a bit better. First half he was fine.

Did well to win the ball in their box but was already going down and barely any contact, so not a penalty.

Poor for Doherty's header that got ruled out. Williams was stood very close to where Doherty made contact with the ball but instead of going to meet the cross, he moved in the wrong direction, creating the space for Doherty. Reminded me somewhat of the big chance early in Sheff United match, where he let the player get a free header that De Gea saved. Needs to improve the defensive side of his game.

Last edited:

RedIan

Really good in defence today up against traore Who is tricky fast and a big unit. I made Brandon MOM

Paul_Scholes18

Should have maybe simulated it a bit more like Salah and Mane does in order to get the pen. Seriously though how can the bloody VAR and ref not give us a pen. Great from Williams though and a good game from him. I would start him against City too.

Stadjer

Fantastic player. Traore never really troubled us.
That is not true. Traore had some alright crosses. Lindelof cleared one with Jiminez behind him waiting to tap it in for example.

Williams had a good game. Good forward runs and should have gotten a penalty.

Andersons Dietician

If I was Wolves I would be asking why they didn’t get the ball to Traore more. I really wanted to see the kid tested and there were really only like 6 occasions when Wolves got Traore 1 v 1 up against him. didn’t really handle Traore all that well but that’s a difficult task by anyone’s standard but felt like we did well getting people cross to help him out.

Was a little disappointed with him just watching Traore at times waiting for other people to do his work and he should have spotted Docherty and gone with him. However going forward he is pretty good if a little over committed at times.

Wasn’t a penalty as he kicks through the defender to get the touch but going forward he is a proper threat.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Wasn’t a penalty as he kicks through the defender to get the touch but going forward he is a proper threat.
He doesn't kick through the defender to get the touch, he is about to make the touch and the defender puts his foot in front of Williams foot. You can't just put your foot in front of a running player in the box and say "he is the one who kicked me" :lol:

poleglass red

Thought he did well today. Love the fact he wants to get forward. Few times today he made excellent runs n mid didnt pick him out. Add a decent creative mid to our teams n those passes get made.

Andersons Dietician

He doesn't kick through the defender to get the touch, he is about to make the touch and the defender puts his foot in front of Williams foot. You can't just put your foot in front of a running player in the box and say "he is the one who kicked me" :lol:
Yeah you can, we see it all the time in the game out on the field. It’s called shielding the ball and happened numerous times in the game, we won free kicks when our players got bundled over shielding the ball. The person in front is deemed the one in control of the situation. if you go through or initiate contact with that person you are deemed the one that committed the fouleven if you make contact with the ball. Was never a pen.

lumeyes

Annoying that his runs were being ignored. Nobody has the vision to make these key passes. He is definitely is levels above Shaw.
I only saw the game in bits but this was something I easily noticed. Saw him turn defence into attack with a quick, intelligent move and the next two players who got on the ball failed to set him up further up the pitch. There has been talk about some of our players having the ability to pass the ball when it matters but it seems it's more of a lack of willingness to learn and improve.

Thought I also noticed him being angry - made a hand gesture - because of a poor pass. We need a player like that in the team right now.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I only saw the game in bits but this was something I easily noticed. Saw him turn defence into attack with a quick, intelligent move and the next two players who got on the ball failed to set him up further up the pitch. There has been talk about some of our players having the ability to pass the ball when it matters but it seems it's more of a lack of willingness to learn and improve.

Thought I also noticed him being angry - made a hand gesture - because of a poor pass. We need a player like that in the team right now.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yeah you can, we see it all the time in the game out on the field. It’s called shielding the ball and happened numerous times in the game, we won free kicks when our players got bundled over shielding the ball. The person in front is deemed the one in control of the situation. if you go through or initiate contact with that person you are deemed the one that committed the fouleven if you make contact with the ball. Was never a pen.
I get what your are saying, and I don't disagree with it. So the question to answer for clarifying this particular situation would be: Was Dendondocker in control of the ball? Was Dendoncocker in front of Williams?

Answer is. No to both questions. Nobody was in control of the ball, it was a 50/50 challenge for it after he made his mistake. So who gets to the ball first? They were side by side with Williams getting a toe to the ball before getting taken out. The defender went with the shielding the ball technique without actually being in control of the ball, that is a risky move and if you don't get a touch on the ball, all you've done is obstructed the other player challenging and there is no way of proving his intent to handle the ball.

Maybe you've only seen the first replay where it looks like the defender is in front. They are side by side.

Red00012

Struggled against Traore in the 2nd half. Not surprising but thought he could have defended a bit better. First half he was fine.

Did well to win the ball in their box but was already going down and barely any contact, so not a penalty.

Poor for Doherty's header that got ruled out. Williams was stood very close to where Doherty made contact with the ball but instead of going to meet the cross, he moved in the wrong direction, creating the space for Doherty. Reminded me somewhat of the big chance early in Sheff United match, where he let the player get a free header that De Gea saved. Needs to improve the defensive side of his game.
Is that you Rio?

Andersons Dietician

I get what your are saying, and I don't disagree with it. So the question to answer for clarifying this particular situation would be: Was Dendondocker in control of the ball? Was Dendoncocker in front of Williams?

Answer is. No to both questions. Nobody was in control of the ball, it was a 50/50 challenge for it after he made his mistake. So who gets to the ball first? They were side by side with Williams getting a toe to the ball before getting taken out. The defender went with the shielding the ball technique without actually being in control of the ball, that is a risky move and if you don't get a touch on the ball, all you've done is obstructed the other player challenging and there is no way of proving his intent to handle the ball.

Maybe you've only seen the first replay where it looks like the defender is in front. They are side by side.
I’ve seen both and I know the one from the side it for sure looks like a pen but the one from the back I need to see it again but he’s gone through the defender to get the touch. If I’m right then he has provoked the contact so no foul for me. If anything it would be a freekick the other way.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
It is crazy how much better than Shaw he currently is
Absolutely. Just wish Shaw would try and make those runs, he seems to be lacking in confidence at the moment, and hope he was watching Williams, and making note.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I’ve seen both and I know the one from the side it for sure looks like a pen but the one from the back I need to see it again but he’s gone through the defender to get the touch. If I’m right then he has provoked the contact so no foul for me. If anything it would be a freekick the other way.
Freekick the other way? Damn. That is, something. How you figured that? So biased it's actually insane.

Andersons Dietician

Freekick the other way? Damn. That is, something. How you figured that? So biased it's actually insane.
But dude how’s it biased if he has kicked through the player. Its not like Deodonker has moved across and hip checked him he’s put his foot there to protect the ball and Williams milliseconds after kicks through Deodonker to get his touch on the ball.
You could even say Williams kicking Deo prevents him from being able to make the move he was wanting to do.

Even if you think deo is at fault there really isn't even enough contact for it to be given as a pen or freekick.

Fed up talking about it now but for me that’s not a penalty and I’d feel the same way about it being the other way round.

Last edited:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
But dude how’s it biased if he has kicked through the player. Its not like Deodonker has moved across and hip checked him he’s put his foot there to protect the ball and Williams milliseconds after kicks through Deodonker to get his touch on the ball.
You could even say Williams kicking Deo prevents him from being able to make the move he was wanting to do.

Even if you think deo is at fault there really isn't even enough contact for it to be given as a pen or freekick.

Fed up talking about it now but for me that’s not a penalty and I’d feel the same way about it being the other way round.
Yeah fine, lets agree to disagree. I just think that is a clear penalty every day of the week, nothing to discuss but it is also possible to discuss anything to the point it becomes a discussion and at that point I have to admit that the original decision to not intervene by VAR is correct, which I will never admit :lol: So yeah, agree to disagree.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Absolutely. Just wish Shaw would try and make those runs, he seems to be lacking in confidence at the moment, and hope he was watching Williams, and making note.
I don't think he has the intelligence nor the stamina for it.
What Williams does is very tough, many runs and not many passes, it takes commitment to do over and over again.
Shaw's stamina levels won't allow him to do that

Man Utd 1:3 Man City

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Start him every game please.

Not the finished article and will make mistakes but he's certainly no worse than Shaw, and his work rate and determination are fantastic.

Really gives a shit and would have a scrap for the shirt.

dev1l

He s showing progress every game. Didn't do a lot wrong today

Andersons Dietician

Felt a little sorry for him tonight. Can’t quite work out why Ole would protect him against Traore but turn back to how we normally leave our LB’s vs a team that basically targeted it with Mahrez, KDB, Silva and Walker popping up in the pockets around him like they did last game.

Just leaves Rashford upfront and expects Fred to get across and help. Kid did well I felt under the circumstances. Got worked over defending but he was good going forward. Seemed to tire a lot at the end but weirdly when he looks knackered he seems to find better passes.

He was lucky Mahrez made nothing of that tackle when he jumped in on him. Saying that he was sliding and flopping about quite a bit and missing his tackles.

Ludens the Red

Think it’s time he gets a run in the side. Been better than Shaw these last few games. Always most importantly appears fitter.

Sanchez7

Start him over the unprofessional cnut we have for the rest of the season. He is a better attacker and doesn’t get gasses 60 mins into the game.

Dinghy

He's quality on the ball. Probably the only player from our starting line-up that wouldn't look out of place in that City-team.

Based Adnan

Should have booted the ball into touch for the 3rd City goal but he'll learn.

He's a very good footballer and should be first choice left back.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is great. Love him, one of the few players in our squad with the combination of the right mentality and real ability on the ball. Has a big future in his position.

AshRK

He will make.mistakes but for a 19 year old he has been superb. Must start more games especially ahead of shaw.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was superb, I did think a lot of his “mistakes” came as a consequence of him being 2 v 1 so regularly in the first half. Has to continue as our starting left back now, he’s much better for us than Shaw.

kundalini

After some good defending in the first couple of mins, he looked completely out of his depth for the next hour.

Leaving Rashford up the pitch so that Brandon had two players to deal with, was not a good idea for this particular match.

Needs to learn how to defend if he is to be a serious option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.