Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

klayton88

Gave him my MOTM it was a toss up between him and Fred. Just wish we had a Ruud who would be on the end of some of those balls he put in.

klayton88

Today he wasn't rash though
I followed him at youth level and he a few red cards and did seem rash and that was my main concern of him making the transition to the first team but I'm surprised at how much he seems to have matured his game.

dev1l

I followed him at youth level and he a few red cards and did seem rash and that was my main concern of him making the transition to the first team but I'm surprised at how much he seems to have matured his game.
Imo his greatest flaw is his when the team is using offside trap. it s mainly a concentration issue. I feel he still needs to work on this.

Member 119614

He is a good player in the making and he had a good game but he gets a bit overrated at the moment. Shaw would get about 1,5 points less than Williams for the same performance.

crossy1686

career ending
Shaw worries me, he almost cost us a goal just before we got our second.
Williams offers more going forward, he forces wingers to track back and has a decent cross. It’s hard to justify Shaw starting anymore, the only reason I can think that he doesn’t is because he wants to break Williams in gently.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Appreciate your superior insight and knowledge of the youth team.

Do you think Williams and Laird have TAA/Roberson level potential?
Very tough question.

TAA/Robertson are playing at such a high level and are probably among the best in the world in their respective positions. But if you asked me if Robertson was gonna reach the heights he has when he left Hull at the age of 24, I would've said, no. But from Williams and Laird I feel Laird is the better player and we'll get a clearer picture of their true potential in around 2 years time. But Laird is someone that I believe has world class potential.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still feel iffy about the fact that he's a right footed left back. Can't shake it.

K_Ash

My LB cannot just be that right-footed, too much. I would like to have a look at him playing RB.

OleBoiii

Very promising stuff.

Offers more than Shaw going forward, tbh. Seems to be good defensively as well.

klayton88

Imo his greatest flaw is his when the team is using offside trap. it s mainly a concentration issue. I feel he still needs to work on this.
I'm less concerned with this. That can be coached. If he has this nasty two footed streak about him that would take more time to eradicate. He should be starting every game over Shaw for me.

Robertd0803

Getting booked for diving was one of the worst decisions Ive seen since Everton scored while punching De Gea.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It is worse these days, now they can dm you their locations even.
Easier. I am sure for some, this is how they met their wives. Then a few years later the wives, now stuck at home with a few babies are paranoid when the husband seems to be having extra training or bonding sessions incessantly.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A really good performance tonight. His desire to get up the pitch QUICKLY to support our LW makes such a big difference to our attack.

He put 2 lovely crosses in the first half, but his general play today was much better than away at Sheffield.

Many of us that have watched him in the reserves regularly, this was one of his performances he put in regularly, this is more his level.

I have no doubts that with a bit more experience he will be first choice. He's just more dynamic and urgent than Shaw these days.
That's just insane. We may have our own leftback TAA if that's the case.

Bwuk

I wish he was left footed but bar that, his performance yesterday is exactly what we need from our full backs.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
To be fair, he put one ball in the box last night with his lefty which was better than Shaw has ever played in his entire time here.
yeah, he’s strong enough on his left

not the same quality, but he could play the left back role like Lahm did

he’s very aggressive, willing runner and strong attacking threat

but Shaw is still a more trustworthy option in terms of overall defensive solidity – he needs to get his arse into gear soon though

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Handled himself well from a few bights of his ankles from Burnley. Didn't get involved which was good to see. MOTM first half but was given way too much space to look dangerous. No where near as dangerous in the second half when Burnley finally closed the door on him. Very good performance from him but as usual on the caf after one good performance he's elevated way beyond his actual ability. He will be a very good player for us I'm sure but let him grow a little before throwing him in to the deep end.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair, he put one ball in the box last night with his lefty which was better than Shaw has ever played in his entire time here.
Yep, and this is something he did regularly in the reserves so it’s part of his game. He’s very good with his left usually.

LVGSdive

Still feel iffy about the fact that he's a right footed left back. Can't shake it.
He is good on his left foot. Not quite as two footed as Greenwood but definitely competent on his left foot. The advantage of having a good right foot is the ability to come inside and shoot, just like his goal against Sheffield United.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
On current form, he's our best LB. He ran that left wing by himself, got up and down all game and more importantly made selfless runs to open space for others. Shaw needs to step his game up big time.

Hope it's not just form and he can keep it going.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Give him a free license to go forward, he'd produce. Such a shame Ole couldn't trust his CBs to handle fecking Wolves attack, thus he had to stay behind 90% of the time.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Good mature defensive performance. His quick feet is really good and he doesn't oversell himself. You could see he was tired at the end.

Realistically in any normal league he should have had a penalty too.

Status
Not open for further replies.