Brands: JLINGZ, JJO, Fierce, AM9, JM8, Paul Pogba Collection

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Anger isn't truth, folks.

BigRon1985

Can you imagine wanting to order some JLINGZ clothing? Me neither.
Lingard is giving Lewis Hamilton a run for his money as worst dressed man in sport - someone call the fashion police! :nono:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Do they train? Yes. Do they play in matches? Yes. They don’t neglect it ffs.
I think you can question commitment to those training sessions and matches though.
To release a clothing line suggest there’s an air of ‘made it’ especially when it’s based on your name and shirt number.

Maybe that kills that extra ounce of motivation or desire to achieve? Who knows. So yes they could be neglecting it.

Mainoldo

What does there brands have to do with Phil Jones, Ashley Young and Luke Shaw being wank?!

binary bot
When I was at University I started really taking care of the garden in the summer, suffice to say it all ended badly.

Moral of the story: if you have a focus in life - dont do anything else, ever.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Why is Lukaku getting endorsed by Abercrombie? They have a horrible record of racial discrimination in their stores.

kerryman

I do not give a god damn shit about a player's business and nobody should.

Ronaldo created a business empire while being at the top of the game for 15 years straight.

No offense towards fans that think otherwise, but I think we are taking it too far.

You can't judge someone's life or business just because he is a public person. They are not doing anything wrong, actually they're doing fine. They are investing other than spending money on 500 cars, babes and 500 tats.

20 years ago it was okay to come half drunk at games but now it is not okay to have your own business outside of football?
Difference is that Ronaldo has been arguably the best player on the planet for the past 10 years or so and has won major honours with his clubs many times. He always gives 100% and shows such fight and determination to win every time he steps on the field. He always busts a gut and leaves it all out there on the pitch when he plays. The same can not be said for any of our precious prima donnas who saunter around barely breaking a sweat and don't seem bothered when we struggle to beat the likes of Huddersfield. That is why people have a problem with them, they show more interest in their clothing ranges than in results for Utd.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think you can question commitment to those training sessions and matches though.
To release a clothing line suggest there’s an air of ‘made it’ especially when it’s based on your name and shirt number.

Maybe that kills that extra ounce of motivation or desire to achieve? Who knows. So yes they could be neglecting it.
They have made it. They have reached the professional football field with a professional contract and playing in the best competitions.

captain666

Most people buy into a brand related to success or iconic status,I predict a short lifespan for these products!

Kostov

It wasn't a problem when Beckham was doing it. Not sure if you remember those days or not?
Who of this feckers provides the service Beckham provided week in week out? Beckham become the global super star because he had his focus and mentality right, by becoming one of the best players in the world first and fame followed suit. 90% of this cloggers are happy they are just playing for Mancheter United and think it's enough.

Last edited:

Ibrahimorich

To me it's ridiculous. Their only focus in life should be being the best footballer they can be. Frankly I'd be embarrassed to be doing any of this "extra-curricular" activity given the shit performances this lot have been putting in, week-in week-out. Just goes to show the size of their egos and how detached from reality they are.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
To me it's ridiculous. Their only focus in life should be being the best footballer they can be. Frankly I'd be embarrassed to be doing any of this "extra-curricular" activity given the shit performances this lot have been putting in, week-in week-out. Just goes to show the size of their egos and how detached from reality they are.
Do you do the same with your job?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
My opinion is if you are someone who has proven to be a quality player and achieved plenty like Zlatan, Ronaldo, Beckham, etc. Then go for it because you've earned a brand and your football is well on track as you are established.

The likes of Lingard, Lukaku, Pogba, etc. They aren't established great players (maybe Pogba)- even good players in Lingards case, achieve on the pitch first for feck sake.

Pogba has achieved but I still think it's too early for him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The amount of players starting these ventures whilst at the club is not surprising. This must be how the Glazers/Woodward are now attracting players to the club. No wonder we have apathetic players. They weren't sold a footballing project by Woodward.

We are a fully commercial club. The owners couldn't give a damn about the football. They've pulled a masterstroke getting Ole on board to neutralise fan discontent. The docile fans aren't going to do anything about it are they? They're too busy romantically fantasising with Ole at the wheel.

Bet the happy clappers will be out in full force & we dont hear a peep vs Cardiff. They prey on this fan loyalty.

£1billion+ taken out and counting without putting a penny in... They are laughing all the way to the bank!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Fans don't like footballers doing anything other than football, simply put. Unless they're absolutely bossing it on the pitch, then their extracurricular ventures are ignored rather than accepted.

I saw a video of Petr Cech playing the drums a few weeks back, and so many of the comments were along the lines of how he should be training, working on getting his starting place back, working on his poor distribution or whatever, as if that's all his life is. Wake up, train, train more, skip meals because training, sleep? No. More training. What is more ridiculous is that he's retiring at the end of the season. Let the man have a life.

When Memphis played for us, he posted a pic on Instagram when he was out for a meal, and again it got similar responses. "Shouldn't be out. Should be focusing on your game" etc. as if he's supposed to do nothing but train and then go home and sit in a dark room with a blanket over his head, chanting the word "football" until he falls asleep.

Players can't have non-football interests, nor are they even allowed to eat food with a friend, because the majority football fans are morons.

Born2Lose

I keep seeing this Mata 1% thing, do people realise that's only £10 in every thousand he earns. .

If you think this is charitable giving you really need to assess your own. Borders on shameless self promotion to me. There's plenty of footballers who donate far more than 1% of their salary and don't feel the need to be recognised for it.

We've turned into the club that I thought City would turn into, but this is what happens when you lose strong characters like Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Scholes and don't replace them. The kids run the playground. That's partly why the amount of money we spend this summer is irrelevant to me, it's about bringing in the right characters and most of those would be nearing the end of their careers rather than at their peak.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Lots of footballers have business ventures on the side. The most successful ones keep focused on performing on the pitch and that feeds back to brand, sales, etc. Common sense.

Then you have the United model whereby you expect commercial success without delivering shit. Works for the Disneyland club, so why do we expect players not to try replicate such a genius formula?

Marcelinho87

I keep seeing this Mata 1% thing, do people realise that's only £10 in every thousand he earns. .

If you think this is charitable giving you really need to assess your own. Borders on shameless self promotion to me. There's plenty of footballers who donate far more than 1% of their salary and don't feel the need to be recognised for it.

We've turned into the club that I thought City would turn into, but this is what happens when you lose strong characters like Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Scholes and don't replace them. The kids run the playground. That's partly why the amount of money we spend this summer is irrelevant to me, it's about bringing in the right characters and most of those would be nearing the end of their careers rather than at their peak.
And is a lot more than most give, plus the amount of people who signed up to the scheme.

What does Mata make? £140k? So £1400 per week to charity... not bad if you ask me.

Ashley R1+O

Spoiler that first one ffs.
:lol: post of the thread.

Nobody would care if we were winning. I think a lot of fans are genuinely delusional and are implicated in letting this club become what it has become. Lashing out at this is pointless, they will do what they want to do and you just have to accept it for what it is.

Water Melon

Footballers spend a lot of their time on football. Do you expect JLings to go home and start analyzing why the feck are we in a deep shite? He is not doing all this fashion stuff at the expense of his training time, is he? Football players have different training sessions and spend enough time on their profession to be successful on the pitch. Could not care less what they do outside of football.

saivet

Nothing wrong with it at all. Modern day athletes, not just footballers are making investments in other areas which I think is positive. Firstly, they're not going to be athletes forever, so setting something up that will potentially be there after they retire is only sensible. What other rich people are soley focussing on their day job?

Secondly, footballers in particular have a fait bit of free time, so why not do something productive with it?

Let's not pretend United players are the only other underperforming athletes with interests outside of their sports.

saivet

Beckham didn’t act like a complete twirp though. He didn’t do silly dances on the pitch, put up videos online doing stupid stuff. Didn’t talk like a wannabe gangster. All this whilst we are embarrassing on the pitch.

I cringe when I see players like Lingards videos online, he’s a joke let’s be honest.

When I saw Lingard snap chatting whilst the bus was being pelted with bottles a part of my love for Manchester United died a bit.
What are you on about?

-Supreme-

Who of this feckers provides the service Beckham provided week in week out? Beckham become the global super star because he had his focus and mentality right, by becoming on of the best players in the world first and fame followed suit. 90% of this cloggers are happy they are just playing for Mancheter United and think it's enough.
I always see Ronaldo/Rooney names being mentioned every time we discuss Rashford's performances, I just wish people would stop comparing our current group with players that are / were clearly on a different level.

Andrew~

This thread is quite possibly the best example of how stupid the average United fan is. Get a life folks.

Mike Smalling

Rashford and Lingard are dressed like a couple of pimps. Made me think of Gator from 'The Other Guys'.

crossy1686

career ending
If no one in here (presuming we're all United fans) is going to buy any of their stuff then who is and whats the point in it? It's safe to assume there isn't any fan of a rival club walking around with a JLINGZ hoody on. Are they hoping to just tap into 1% of the United fan base? I don't get the business sense behind it more than anything else.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

The reason it is 1% is so that it's accessible and affordable to everyone, not just footballers.

I think it's a bit harsh to call it self promotion on Juan Mata's part. You barely even see his face or name on the Common Goal website. On the list of members, he hasn't even put himself at the top as the founder. The site talks about the difference it can make as a collective. On the FAQ on who is behind Common Goal, the 'Streetfootballworld' collective is named (which Juan Mata is a part of) rather than Juan Mata himself.

It seems the opposite of self-promotional to me. He could have done what a bunch of other footballers did and named the foundation after himself, but he didn't.

Minimalist

It's like anything in life - if you're successful and you can dedicate your time outside work to it (without it effecting your main job) - fire ahead.

But the fact is, a lot of these players (not even going to be specific) are not up to the task of taking the club where it needs to go. Some of them are genuinely lucky to be at a club like United. In that case, people around them should be telling them to knock that shit on the head for a bit and focus on performing on the pitch first and foremost. But maybe that's just me.