Television Breaking Bad

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I could see him turning on his family, definitely. Like you say it would almost be natural progression and he's killed for less reason. His ego has always taken a beating from Hank too, so if its getting bigger and bigger it might push him to do him over. There's no way Skyler would let that slide either. So who knows what is gonna happen.
I don't think him being arrested or just walking off would be a big enough ending. Big dramatic death scene is my prediction.

NoLogo

When is the series coming back again?

I really can't wait to see how this ends.

Only started watching it a few months ago and have seen most seasons in one weekend sittings.

When you are able to watch so many episodes in such short succession it's hard to suddenly have to wait so god damn long for a new episode.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Same here too. But I can't go back and watch stuff I've already seen.

I've resorted to finding parady videos....

The jesse is like a cross between Badger and Jesse but I like it :lol:

Cina

How did you think that? Summer 12/13 was always the plan, hence why I never saw the point in them saying it was all one season.

Suits is back in January though, which is nice.

kps88

Dean Norris just joined Twitter -

Asked Cranston fr twitter shout out. He leaned in, went Heisenberg and said "I AM THE ONE WHO TWEETS" dude is method
:lol:

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
I just watched through season 1 for a second time, and I thought it was even better now than the first time. I find that I appreciate the character development pieces even more now that I know how they are going to develop. That being said, I realise now how much they have sacrificed the depth and side stories of the characters in favor of full focus on the meth business and more focus on Walt in the later seasons. Its a bit sad really, it adds another dimension to the show that is lost in season 5 especially, where the focus has been almost solely on Walt. Without Gus there and no new interesting character the last season really is a bit stale compared to the first.

The difference in Walt season 1 and Walt season 5 is staggering, and the development is so seamless when you watch it through the first time. Is there any character development in any tv series or film that can rival that of Walt in Breaking Bad?

So many great episodes in season 1. Episode 1 and 2 are a bit like first and second gear, just getting started on the series, but after that they are all excellent.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Can only think of Tony Soprano. I prefer his character development due to the fantastic subtlety of it, but at the same time what the Breaking Bad writers have done with Walt is a thing to behold. It's like it happens 0.5% at a time or something, with the writers not giving the audience too many individual moments whereby Walt massively deviates from what you could currently see as his normal self. All of a sudden you're wondering just how the hell he's ended up like that and when it all happened.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The way they have evolved the Walt character has been the best thing about the series.From the insecure chemistry teacher who loves his family to a ruthless drug lord with all the changes in between has been well done.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
This is stupidly good TV. Watched Seasons 1-4 in just under 2 weeks and I'm hooked, the back end of Season 4 is quite comfortably some of the best TV I've ever seen. Not many shows can keep me up til 5am anymore when I've got to be up at 8.

Going to start Season 5 a bit later, does the quality remain? So far I'd probably rank them 2-4-3-1

Sally Cinnamon

This is stupidly good TV. Watched Seasons 1-4 in just under 2 weeks and I'm hooked, the back end of Season 4 is quite comfortably some of the best TV I've ever seen. Not many shows can keep me up til 5am anymore when I've got to be up at 8.

Going to start Season 5 a bit later, does the quality remain? So far I'd probably rank them 2-4-3-1
As in Season 2 is the best? No chance. Season 2 is probably the weakest (still loved it though). I'd rank them 4-3-1-2. The last couple episodes of Season 3 were amazing.

Season 5 is definitely still very good and it is set up brilliantly for the final 8 episodes. It's not back until July, which is incredibly annoying.

Silva

Just to warn you Elvis, quite a few us did what you did (watch everything in a short amount of time) so when you're done with season 5 get ready to have a massive void in your life. The wait until the next season starts will feel like a lifetime.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Just to warn you Elvis, quite a few us did what you did (watch everything in a short amount of time) so when you're done with season 5 get ready to have a massive void in your life. The wait until the next season starts will feel like a lifetime.
Yes this. I must have watched it from episode 1 to the latest within 2-3 weeks. No mean feat considering each episode is an hour long and I work until 6pm 6 days a week. :lol:

I've never been hooked on something like a TV show before and watching episode after episode, but this show is the best thing I've ever seen. I cannot wait to see the second part of this series.

Actually I lie, Dexter is getting me that way again.

Silva

The first half of season 5 has been better than the first half for season 4 for me. If the second half of the season is better than the second half of season 4 (which is no mean feat) then this show basically confirms itself among the best TV shows ever made. Considering how it's gone so far though, I don't doubt that it can.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Every time someone bumps this, I get all excited at the prospect that for some reason whoever it is that is responsible for the hideous crime of delaying the second half of the series has had a change of heart, and that it's actually going to come out in the coming few weeks or so.

I then get all depressed, watch the Ecstasy of Gold tribute video, marvel at how amazing it is, then go back to being frustrated at the wait again.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Season 4 for me is clearly the best but you could make an argument for every other season being the second best, IMO. Generally I'd say it's gotten better each season but Season 1 definitely has the best bits of dry humour in the series from what I can remember. Already watched the series in full twice now and when it finishes I'll inevitably watch it from start to finish again. My memory's shit enough to watch it from beginning to end and only remember about 10% of what's going to happen next.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I watched all the the episodes to date in about two weeks but already I've forgotten large portions of it. I'm going to give it a whirl again now in the summer before the finale is broadcast.

Great show.

binary bot
There's some great bits of humour that you forget about; like the bit where badger sells Meth to the undercover cop :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's some great bits of humour that you forget about; like the bit where badger sells Meth to the undercover cop :lol:
Yeah definitely, this is why I disagreed that this is a 'gritty' show a bit back in this thread. It is quite a light hearted view on serious subjects in my eyes, which is part of the reason I love it so much. So easy to watch and never felt like heavy going.

Cina

Yeah definitely, this is why I disagreed that this is a 'gritty' show a bit back in this thread. It is quite a light hearted view on serious subjects in my eyes, which is part of the reason I love it so much. So easy to watch and never felt like heavy going.
Disagree here. Season one was very much a black comedy but the show got progressively darker and more grim as it went along and by the time it's mid season two there's pretty much no comedy aspect left.

Contrast the amount of comical scenes in season one to the first part of season five (are there any?) and you can see how much the tone of the show has changed throughout the years.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Disagree here. Season one was very much a black comedy but the show got progressively darker and more grim as it went along and by the time it's mid season two there's pretty much no comedy aspect left.

Contrast the amount of comical scenes in season one to the first part of season five (are there any?) and you can see how much the tone of the show has changed throughout the years.
Maybe light hearted was the wrong term, but I don't feel like I'm watching something particularly dark with it even though a lot of probably should be.
The pizza throw was one of my favourite parts :lol: Was that season 3?

Cina

I don't know how you get that impression, I find the show incredibly dark and grim at times, season five has been especially difficult viewing at points, the most notable being

Putting the boy and his bike in the barrels.

eric le roi

It's not a gritty, realistic show. It's good drama, but it's not in any way realistic, unlike say The Wire or The Sopranos.

I don't know how you get that impression, I find the show incredibly dark and grim at times, season five has been especially difficult viewing at points, the most notable being
Grim, maybe, but dark? It's black humour.

Cina

I didn't say it was realistic, so what are you on about?

I don't see how you can watch seasons three to five and say they're 'black humour', unless you have a really odd sense of humour. You said yourself, it's drama, pure drama, there's almost no comedy aspect left anymore, in fact the other two shows you've mentioned (The Wire/Sopranos) had far more comedy moments in them throughout their seasons.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Putting the boy and his bike in the barrels.
You're right about that. It definitely shows how dark times have got for them, but as a show it still just seems purely entertainment to me. It's definitely because it lacks grittiness. Like I say, that's what I like about it though.