Breaking News ~ Evra banned for 4 matches.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You just mentioned Neville, O'Shea and Brown. And arguably it did stunt there growth as a centre back (although with Brown it had more to do with injuries if anything).

Neville became a right back more to do with his height. It stunted O'Shea's growth as a player and now he is a oddjob man rather than an exceptional player.

Evans has the potential to be a guaranteed regular at centre half for ten years after he gets in. I'd rather he didn't go down the O'Shea route frankly.
O'Shea was exceptional in 2002/03 at LB. The next year when he was the incumbent starter he sucked balls. It was the following year when Heinze arrived that O'Shea began to get shuffled around but he had already regressed.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
O'Shea was exceptional in 2002/03 at LB. The next year when he was the incumbent starter he sucked balls. It was the following year when Heinze arrived that O'Shea began to get shuffled around but he had already regressed.
Thank you for helping my argument. That's why I don't want Evans shuffled about because he truly does have a genuine shot of being an United regular.

O'Shea to be fair was never a gleaming prospect that Evans is. He just had a really freak season when he turned 22 and broke into the United side.

Laphroaig

It appears to me that the London FA thinks we have begun to put too much pressure on their Chelsea and Liverpool.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Thank you for helping my argument. That's why I don't want Evans shuffled about because he truly does have a genuine shot of being an United regular.

O'Shea to be fair was never a gleaming prospect that Evans is. He just had a really freak season when he turned 22 and broke into the United side.
O'Shea was too a top prospect in 2001/02.

Evans has a good chance at being a regular if he sticks around a few years.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Was a bit more than shoving tbf.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
O'Shea was too a top prospect in 2001/02.

Evans has a good chance at being a regular if he sticks around a few years.
O'Shea was never really considered a top prospect before that season, which was what I said. He had a Michael Ricketts-like freak season when he broke in and cemented his place in the squad. But before then he was always just an average prospect and never had the same potential that Evans has.

Alex

United should have their linescrew start shit with Chelsea players this year

B Cantona

Desperate
So let me get this right. A Sheffield United player savagely elbows an opponent having looked in his direction first, with both feet planted on the floor, and his first instinct after clattering and smashing his skull is to complain to the referee, that's not even worthy of a second look according to the FA. Compare that then to Evra pushing a groundsman in the chest, after he made an alleged racial slur that apparently can't be proven, and he recieves a 4 games ban?!?!

Absolute shower of shite running this countries football, it really is

Q80

My mate used to tell me that the FA's actions were typically against united, and I thought that couldnt be..

But for fecks sake, 4 matches + £15k for a scuffle AFTER the match?

feck off

Bearded but no genius

So essentially the lesson here is that if one of John Terry's political advisers launches a racist attack at you and follows it up with fisticuffs you should expect to have the book thrown at you if you're in a red shirt and don't fancy getting pounded by Frank Lampard's skinny cousin.

Kick racism out of football. Ban the FA.

Merman

Its as if the FA doesn't want United to equal Liverpool's record:mad:

Bearded but no genius

So let me get this right. A Sheffield United player savagely elbows an opponent having looked in his direction first, with both feet planted on the floor, and his first instinct after clattering and smashing his skull is to complain to the referee, that's not even worthy of a second look according to the FA. Compare that then to Evra pushing a groundsman in the chest, after he made an alleged racial slur that apparently can't be proven, and he recieves a 4 games ban?!?!

Absolute shower of shite running this countries football, it really is
All this long after a match, and after a punch was thrown by Lamp's skinny cousin.

Once the FA admitted they had no standing to charge JT's KKK pal, they basically admitted as a matter of due process they had no standing to charge Evra. So leave it to the FA to do it anyway and give him 4 matches as well. The FA has as much authority over this as they do over someone getting a speeding ticket driving to a match.

No doubt they will be justifying themselves tomorrow about how the rules must be applied to the letter as some other player is raped with an axe in the Championship but they are 'powerless to act' because a yellow card is given out.

We should ask Keith Hackett to reverse the suspension for administrative reasons.

Bearded but no genius

We should just black up John O'Shea on the bench and tell the FA that it is Evra.

It isn't like Chelsea's victimised employees would be able to tell the difference as they all look alike.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
So Barton got banned for two games more than Evra for complete thuggish behaviour, with many previous. :rolleyes:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
You do not usually disable a person by throwing a coin at him, it's like saying that Evra got 4 games for attempting to kill two of Chelsea staff members so it's basically a weak punishment going by that logic.
come closer so I can throw this coin at your eye.

Gazza

The FA are gutless cowards. Chris Morgan cracks open someone's head and nothing happens. Evra slapped some lippy twat and gets 4 games. fecking joke. Can't wait to hear what Fergie says.

Bearded but no genius

So Barton got banned for two games more than Evra for complete thuggish behaviour, with many previous. :rolleyes:
By 'complete thuggish behaviour', you mean being convicted of felony battery?

Yes.

In a police case Evra would have been considered the victim.

Only the FA could decide the poor cuddly BNPer was knitting socks for his grandchildren when he was horribly assaulted by this maniac Frenchie.

December_16

Whenever it comes to FA and bans, it just makes my blood boiled. fecking ludicrous, and not the first time either.

In a parallel universe, we can just feck off to join some other league. That'll learn 'em.

Bearded but no genius

Racism can't be proved so they don't care about it eh.
Chelsea forgot to tell him that the FA had jurisdiction over him and that he wasn't permitted to assault and make racist slurs against their guests.

So basically nothing happens at all to them. You couldn't make it up.

Get On With The Game. Kick The FA Out Of Football.

MUFC07

So Drogba gets three matches for throwing a coin into a crowd potentially disabling a fan.

And Evra gets four matches for defending himself from some Chav thugs.
Totally agreed there mate.
4 fecking matches I wonder if Fabio will see any action or we will see o'shea performing there, which I'd prefer rather than seeing weird formations that include Neville as CB...Hopefully Fergie has a magic stick for this.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Just being picky for a minute. :)

Is not sentencing and such handled by an independent panel and not the FA? Or is that just appeals?

Bearded but no genius

Is not sentencing and such handled by an independent panel and not the FA? Or is that just appeals?
Appeals.

Of course last year an independent panel decided that Ferguson hadn't done anything wrong when he pointed out there were a bucket of tittish officials in England - so the FA wanted to have another panel convened to try to reverse the decision of the independent panel.