Breaking News ~ Evra banned for 4 matches.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
fecking jkoe! If this was the Iron man then u could et on no punishment whatsoever

ruddevil

Yet another abysmal decision by the so-called The Football Association. I wouldn't be surprised to see similar incident occurring in the future. It may occur more and more. Why?

You only have to pay 25,000 quid and the opposition player gets a 4-match ban. If it's involving title race, this is a huge advantage. Imagine Torres or Fabregas being provoked and got the ban, and the provoking groundsman' club would only be getting that small amount of fine. I would do that, everyone would!

Retarded? No, this is plain imbecility.

Yianni

Why does the punishment have to involve suspended matches? The incident occurred after the game, shouldn't it be a police matter and not the FA? If the Chelsea feckwit was found guilty, what sort of punishment would be delivered to him seeing as he isn't a football player? Shouldn't Evra receive the same type of punishment?

Alex

It's a complete load of shit all the way around. He wouldn't have gotten 4 games had he done that during a fecking match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they give him 4 games when he is provoked by some linescrew member following the match do feck off FA please

Decotron

Just read this whole thread, still awaiting the joke that I thought was coming. Genuinely ive always thought weve got the hard end of the stick but feck me pink this the worst ive ever seen. im gutted simple as.

Alex

Read the Mikel, "I want to be a big man" thread it will cheer you up

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
If they uphold the sentence then that Bethell cnut who punched Evra should be charged with assault and his fat arse thrown in jail.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
i wonder how much the rent boys bribed the fa

die.
They didn't need to: The FA are always looking at ways to suspend vital United players, remember the four match bans that Scholes and Rooney got for the Amsterdam Tournament or the eight months Rio got for Gimpness.

You couldn't complain or argue if the sentences equated to what other teams get but it never does.

Derek Brown

So, getting worked up over some racist twat an hour after the game when everyone has gone home and no kids are around to witness one of their "heroes" acting in an undesirable manner is punishable by one more game than throwing a coin into a crowd full of people that was witnessed by not only everyone at the stadium but everyone sitting at home watching on the TV... interesting.
Don't tell me that you're really surprised, Carpy. We are talking about the FA after all. :rolleyes: The biggest bunch of fecking ABU's going. :mad:

Veron

Varun
Utter stupidity to suspend a player for actions hours after a match.

So if Terry had a brawl fight in a bar would they suspend him ?

It's uptp the respective club to deal with nuances within the club and this isn't even one.

Davo

Maybe the FA could do you another favour and ban Robbie Keane for 10 matches.

Unjust decision btw.
I'd take that

Don't know what the precedent is if there is one, but players aren't allowed to have fights with ground staff. You lot won't get that...

djemba's arse

They basically didn't believe that Evra was provoked. Which makes sense; if you're a footballer, what better way to spend your time than to go around attacking random groundsmen.

edit: it also makes perfect sense that he should get one more game than Martin Taylor. Eduardo had it coming, unlike this perfectly innocent groundsman. Also, getting a slap across the face and being pushed "with the chest" is obviously far worse than a having your leg broken into separate pieces.

Crustanoid

Chelsea / FA deal to hold the decision until now and prevent Paddy playing against them

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
I'd take that

Don't know what the precedent is if there is one, but players aren't allowed to have fights with ground staff. You lot won't get that...
So you think that ground staff won't take encouragement from this and provoke fights with opposition players knowing that the innocent player will get a ban but they will get off scot free.

Edit: I hope groundstaff up and down the country will provoke Gerrard into retaliation every week. We would see what "punishment" the FA will award to St. Steven once he does react.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I'd take that

1) Had it been on the pitch against another player it would have been 3 matches max.
2) Evra was provoked.
3) It was Chelsea who were denying the United players a warm down, whilst FA regulations state that every club must allow for the opposition to warm down after each match.
4) How can it be that United are punished more than Chelsea in this case (i.e., United lose 1 first teamer for 4 games).
5) Fights break out during training all the bleedin time. Only difference here is that there were camera's around.

Davo

No one knows what happened prior to the gay brawl. But it's pretty clear that you're not allowed to have fights with groundstaff

Bloody FA, picking on you for no reason....

redspoony

fecking FA.

And why has this taken 7-8 months to sort?

They're a fecking farce.

Hopefully this won't be too bad for us and Sheasy can step up and perform.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
But it's pretty clear that you're not allowed to have fights with groundstaff
I'm not allowed to have fights with groundstaff either. Doesn't mean that if I did, some random gimps whom it had nothing to do with could decide it's within their rights to ban me from work, but not within their rights to ban the person I had a fight with.

Is Patrice Evra employed by or representing the FA when warming down after a game?

and why has it taken them six months to decide he did something which he admitted to anyway?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
No one knows what happened prior to the gay brawl. But it's pretty clear that you're not allowed to have fights with groundstaff

Bloody FA, picking on you for no reason....
That he gets a bann, fair enough. But for 4 matches? That's at least 1 too many. And what about Chelsea? Where's their punishment? 25k???? Your having a laugh.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What would happen if someone ran on the pitch, punched a certain player twice and was then pushed by the punched player? Is it still a 4-game ban? If it is, we may be onto something, let's have all the opposition players banned.

Kelvin

that groundstaff should be sacked, but the FA won't allow that.

acnumber9

What would happen if someone ran on the pitch, punched a certain player twice and was then pushed by the punched player? Is it still a 4-game ban? If it is, we may be onto something, let's have all the opposition players banned.
Are we talking about fat Fwank here?