Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The problem is that it looks a lot like what she said last week when we argued about the white paper.
Yeah, you've been proven right in lessl than a week. Only thing stoping hard brexit is another referendum but doubt another referendum would pass parliament.

Adisa

I work for a foreign bank here. They won't leave totally but expect them to cut staff massively. I work in a department that does analysis for regions in Europe. My job is far from safe.

Adisa

Last two days have been the worst in parliament since it decided to invade Iraq.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well there you go. My point was she was right to talk about jobs, jobs, jobs. The Remain campaign has been shite, too busy blaming everyone else for everything and not concentrating on the effect on ordinary voters and hammering that home.
Yeah and she was essentially called a traitor for it. Essentially your original idea of a sane Labour/Ken Clarke person isn't really what the right-wing rags/average joe want and they will always be dead against that person.

Last edited:

GloryHunter07

There is no hope, 17.4m xenophobes or idiots or both have decided to destroy the country and they've also allowed self-interested lunatics to run the asylum with the worst ever PM and worst ever Opposition Leader to boot.
Im off to the Love Island thread to cheer up.

alsabi

'We are in a prison drama. This is the f**king Shawshank Redemption, right? But with more tunneling through s**t and no f**king redemption.'

Malcolm Tucker

Adisa

Reasonable Brits have to ask how the feck we've got to this point.
The people who voted for this poison aren't even bothered 95% of the Leave predictions have turned out false.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Here we go.
If true, the problem with that is that it starts a chain of events that a last minute deal won't reverse, businesses will put the wheels in motion.

Oldyella

Reasonable Brits have to ask how the feck we've got to this point.
The people who voted for this poison aren't even bothered 95% of the Leave predictions have turned out false.
All they have is "You lost, get over it" and claiming anyone opposing this is against democracy.

It's not even about brexit now for some, they just want to 'win' an argument no matter the consequences.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
If true, the problem with that is that it starts a chain of events that a last minute deal won't reverse, businesses will put the wheels in motion.
Already heard earlier that the EU were now going to focus on No deal. Exactly, it's now or never to stop it. Obviously they're not going to stop it so it's now damage limitation for the EU.

Rajma

Clicked one of those tweets to read up the comments and was astonished by the profiles (BIOs) of the people and number of them(!) that posted with bits and slogans. This one in particular stood out:

50 year old proud leaver and will never change my mind no matter how much media scaremongering!!!
I really starting to consider feckin off from here, not feeling welcomed anymore.

Might consider going back to Scotland as people do seem to genuinely like foreigners and have different views on the whole.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
When I was in the UK last week, I had this conversation with a close family member who had voted Brexit. This is a genuine conversation.
Me: I see you have had a new roof fitted on your conservatory, looks great.
Family: Yes two Polish chaps fitted it, they were brilliant, worked so hard, did a fantastic job.
Later..
Family: Have a new doctor, she was brilliant when xxx was ill.
Me: Who is she?
Family: Can't remember her name, think she's from Romania or somewhere like that.
Later..
Me: What was the reason you voted for Brexit again?
Family: Too many immigrants.

There are no words.

Sweet Square

Have any pundits called for them to be expelled from the Labour party?
Only Owen Jones so far but I think he's always been pro deselection. If there wasn't such a shit storm in the beginning about deselection then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Not sure I'd take Nadine Dorries words too seriously, to be honest.
How do you know it's Nadine Dorries ? Edit - yeah I saw the other tweet, your right it's mostly likely shite.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Frankly, the way UK government always treated EU with contempt and superiority, I am loving the shitshow. If only would not affect the average Joe and specially friends of mine, I will go for popcorn watching the country burn. And the worse part is that they will get out of this, richer than before

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I work for a foreign bank here. They won't leave totally but expect them to cut staff massively. I work in a department that does analysis for regions in Europe. My job is far from safe.
I don't see anyone leaving in one go, just every decision for where future jobs should be will be somewhere in the EU instead of the UK, we shall wither

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Well, that's that confirmed. Cancelling my house sale and keeping my money in the bank. Shit is about to go south.
Convert it to Euros or Swiss Francs or Dollars, I belive that's what the hard Brexiters have done, they will make a fortune on the currency crashing

MadMike

Convert it to Euros or Swiss Francs or Dollars, I belive that's what the hard Brexiters have done, they will make a fortune on the currency crashing
Don't call me an expert on currency trading or anything but I believe that:
a) Brexit has already been factored into the current price of the Sterling. And...
b) Once Brexit is done the BoE is raising interest rates to counter inflation. They should have done that already but they're holding back due to Brexit uncertainty (Carney's words, not mine)

I actually expect the Sterling to go up against euro and dollar once the interest rates go up.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Don't call me an expert on currency trading or anything but I believe that:
a) Brexit has already been factored into the current price of the Sterling. And...
b) Once Brexit is done the BoE is raising interest rates to counter inflation. They should have done that already but they're holding back due to Brexit uncertainty (Carney's words, not mine)

I actually expect the Sterling to go up against euro and dollar once the interest rates go up.
If we crash out on a no deal the pound tanks