Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
The irony is that the middle-ground, swing voter equally dislikes a Jezza as a JRM. If New Labour were still around, they would have probably sent this Tory government packing.
So many Labour figures of the past would have been tearing the Tories to shreds at this point. To be fair if Ken Clarke was still under a hundred he would too.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Honestly what I think the public are crying out for is a political leader of the left who actually has an interest in opposing the govt over Brexit. And by opposing I mean lead the charge against them, go heavy in the media and in Parliament attacking them. Be the voice for the tens of millions of people who think this is a complete fecking mess. Which, I'm afraid, is different to having to have your arm twisted by your own MPs on a number of occasions to even vote against the government and show no real interest in making the argument outside Parliament except for when Piers Morgan invites you on with Danny Dyer to have a chat about the footie on a show where ironically Danny Dyer himself summed up the anger of your supporters on this issue more succinctly than you have for 2 years.

But that's just me.
Vote Green!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
So many Labour figures of the past would have been tearing the Tories to shreds at this point. To be fair if Ken Clarke was still under a hundred he would too.
Not fully sure about that. A large section of the public and a lot of the mainstream press wants a hard brexit. Someone from the Labour past or Ken Clarke would be torn to shreds by them as some kind of anti-democratic figure.

GloryHunter07

I do wonder where Brexit would be if someone like Johnson had been made PM from the outset. Would it have been called off by now? Or would we be be on a collision course for Hard brexit?

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Not fully sure about that. A large section of the public and a lot of the mainstream press wants a hard brexit. Someone from the Labour past or Ken Clarke would be torn to shreds by them as some kind of anti-democratic figure.
Did you see Soubry in parliament? Now I don't like her as a person or a Tory, but she stood and demanded to know what Brexiters had to say to her constituents who were going to lose their jobs. That's what Labour MPs should be doing, repeatedly in parliament but in every interview and at every opportunity. Not just them but Remain supporters too, less whinging about alleged stupidity, how old voters are and campaign overspending and more hammering home the economic realities. Job losses, less revenue and tax rises for all, that's what Brexit means.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is significant. The Tories can give us chlorinated chicken or carve up the NHS and there's nothing parliament can do.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Now, I don't know why you were afraid of Turkey.

Oldyella

This is significant. The Tories can give us chlorinated chicken or carve up the NHS and there's nothing parliament can do.
It's bloody shameful. Cowards, the lot of them, avoiding any responsibility.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Did you see Soubry in parliament? Now I don't like her as a person or a Tory, but she stood and demanded to know what Brexiters had to say to her constituents who were going to lose their jobs. That's what Labour MPs should be doing, repeatedly in parliament but in every interview and at every opportunity. Not just them but Remain supporters too, less whinging about alleged stupidity, how old voters are and campaign overspending and more hammering home the economic realities. Job losses, less revenue and tax rises for all, that's what Brexit means.
To be fair Soubry is torn to shreds by Hardline Brexiteer rags.

Rajma

Ladies and gentlemen we’re 8 (!!!!) months away from leaving the EU with not even a slightest of hints on so many matters it’s beyond belief what a shitshow this is, I can see UK leaving with no deal at all or caving in last minute to EEA or something of that ilk once the shit hits the fan around potential fallout. There’s simply not time left for any kind of negotiations let alone one filled with so many technicalities and issues.

GloryHunter07

Apparently Tory Remainer rebels are being threatened by another General Election if they dont vote in line with the Government tonight.

Yes please.

MoskvaRed

It’s interesting the pound is still relatively ok - down from the 1.43 USD rate it reached a while back but at 1.31 still quite a bit higher than in the aftermath of the referendum and certainly better than you’d expect from a country that looks ungovernable and is less than a year away from ripping up its economic model of the last 40 years in order to jump off a cliff. Are the markets betting that a G7 country cannot be as idiotic as it seems and will basically cave in to some Norway type deal at the last minute?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
May whipped her MPs to vote for a bill that defeats her own negotiating position. Corbyn whipped his MPs to enforce the government's negotiating position.
What the feck is happening?

GloryHunter07

Tory "Rebels" bottled it (again).

A unified Labour voted couldve effectively forced a confidence vote and potential election..

Did the Lib Dems show up tonight?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
There won't be another election till 2022 since she has survived this, right?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
May whipped her MPs to vote for a bill that defeats her own negotiating position. Corbyn whipped his MPs to enforce the government's negotiating position.
What the feck is happening?
The problem is that it looks a lot like what she said last week when we argued about the white paper.