Brexit related judicial reviews: Supreme Court | Judgment: Prorogation was unlawful

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Brenda Hale take a fcuking bow.

Guy Fawkes eat your heart out.

Should name a national holiday after her.

Simbo

Interestingly, the currency markets have barely reacted, following the initial whipsaw. Waiting to see what Boris does...

owlo

He cant get the votes through for a GE though ...

If he resigns the queen probably gives corbyn a chance to form a government - probably fails

But if somebody like ken clarke could command a majoriy we get a GNU who will seek to extend A50 probably to facilitate a referendum (remain or mays deal)

So by no means certain there would be a GE
I think a GE inevitable pretty soon; none of these remain factions agree on much apart from brexit. Agree the bold could happen first.

The one thing that could delay one which I think is so far fairly unexplored by most commentators, is if these factions all agree that this conservative government after a GE would be SO harmful, that they will try to hang on for 12 months or so.

Too much dynamite to predict anything. I think Boris was intending to try something shady ike prorogue again, but the absolute rocket of this judgement will have given him second thoughts....

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Can Tory MP's call a vote of no confidence in Boris and replace their leader? Surely very few will be able to defend what he has done.

Shinjch

Further proof that Cummings is nowhere near as smart as he, or the right wing press, thinks he is.

owlo

Interestingly, the currency markets have barely reacted, following the initial whipsaw. Waiting to see what Boris does...
Just trader fatigue. And 99% of quant systems not setup to react.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The Tory on Skynews had a face like thunder :lol::lol:
Can’t wait to see The Kuenssberg report on this and get face. Though she’s probably still sourpuss and might go bunny boil after the weekends news.

Simbo

Can Tory MP's call a vote of no confidence in Boris and replace their leader? Surely very few will be able to defend what he has done.
Didn't most, if not all support what he did? Tory party is done for.

stevoc

:lol:

His incompetence has lead the country down the path of a constitutional crisis, leaving the EU, might lead to the break up of the Tory party and maybe even the Union itself over the next 10 years.

As stable as a trampoline on the back of a bucking bronco.

Twat

owlo

Someone in the comments asking what is to stop Boris from proroguing again. Yeah, because the Queen would really be keen to grant it after that ruling.
Queen would grant it. Within an hour the divisional court would issue an order quashing it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Someone in the comments asking what is to stop Boris from proroguing again. Yeah, because the Queen would really be keen to grant it after that ruling.
Won't be surprised if he puts her in that position.

Raulduke

Poor Dom about to get thrown under the (Brexit) bus?

Djemba-Djemba

I cannot believe some people still think this is all part of a master plan by Cummings and Johnson.

This is an absolute disaster for Boris Johnson and the government. No two ways about it.

This is as embarrassing as it gets for a PM.

Smores

Queen would grant it. Within an hour the divisional court would issue an order quashing it.
How long till any government could bring forward a propogation and queens speech without it being overturned as political? Seems very unclear

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I cannot believe some people still think this is all part of a master plan by Cummings and Johnson.

This is an absolute disaster for Boris Johnson and the government. No two ways about it.

This is as embarrassing as it gets for a PM.
being realistic I think one (or a mix) of three things is inevitable

1. He resigns (this may not stop the second thing anyway)
2. House of commons starts impeachment proceedings (Due to illegal prorogation)
3. Confidence motion which he will loose

he might as well stay in America

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think a GE inevitable pretty soon; none of these remain factions agree on much apart from brexit. Agree the bold could happen first.

The one thing that could delay one which I think is so far fairly unexplored by most commentators, is if these factions all agree that this conservative government after a GE would be SO harmful, that they will try to hang on for 12 months or so.

Too much dynamite to predict anything. I think Boris was intending to try something shady ike prorogue again, but the absolute rocket of this judgement will have given him second thoughts....
I’d prefer a 2nd referendum, followed by a GE.

BrExit should never be decided via a GE because it transcends party politics.

Also Labour should try to keep BJ in power for a few more weeks for the lolz optics in parliament.

I can’t wait for the next PM’s Questions.

Last edited: