Brexit related judicial reviews: Supreme Court | Judgment: Prorogation was unlawful

Smores

"Worst possible outcome for our democracy" according to a Tory MP on BBC - fecking idiots these lot :lol:
Hate these cnuts. They know it the right decision but are willing to argue against the right checks and balances if it benefits them now

owlo

Next prediction @owlo?
Not a clue honestly. Lame duck government and parliament that's not going to last long... Resignation of BJ? Legislation for a 2nd referendum? (with or without a GNU?) No clue.

I'll possibly be heading over to US politics for a while; possible impeachment looks interesting. (and Corbyn confuses me too much; i was planning to do some election predictions but it's too bloody volatile when he fecks things over every few weeks.)

For tonight I'll take the win and go out for a good curry, visit coinex this weekend and relax a bit. Been doing 100+ hour weeks the last few.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm not sure how Johnson can stay in office now. He's lied and that's the final ruling. Not only lied but lied to the Queen! How do you recover from this?

Surely if he doesn't leave his post parliament will force the issue. There's essentially no way we leave the EU at the current rate and I can't see past a GE in coming weeks.

Smores

I wouldn't be surprised if the government basically boycott parliament as much as they can. Boris may not even turn up

owlo

"It is impossible for us to conclude, on the evidence which has been put before us, that there was any reason - let alone a good reason - to advise Her Majesty to prorogue Parliament for five weeks"

"Nowhere is there a hint that the Prime Minister, in giving advice to Her Majesty, is more than simply the leader of the Government seeking to promote its own policies; he has a constitutional responsibility"

wow.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
"It is impossible for us to conclude, on the evidence which has been put before us, that there was any reason - let alone a good reason - to advise Her Majesty to prorogue Parliament for five weeks"

"Nowhere is there a hint that the Prime Minister, in giving advice to Her Majesty, is more than simply the leader of the Government seeking to promote its own policies; he has a constitutional responsibility"

wow.
Are you David Allen Green

Skills

Snitch
Can he get prosecuted for this?

He's cost parliament over 2 weeks by pulling this stunt

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Absolutely. Would be my prediction for what happens next. Resigns as a martyr, goes for a GE and a majority. If he doesn't, parliament are going to push back HARD now.

You never know though.
He cant get the votes through for a GE though ...

If he resigns the queen probably gives corbyn a chance to form a government - probably fails

But if somebody like ken clarke could command a majoriy we get a GNU who will seek to extend A50 probably to facilitate a referendum (remain or mays deal)

So by no means certain there would be a GE

Drifter

American
How can he ever stand up there and lecture people on law and order ,when he himself tried to beak the law.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The state of the cnuts standing outside the court shouting 'Boo, traitor!' in the dumbest voices imaginable. :lol: