Brexit related judicial reviews: Supreme Court | Judgment: Prorogation was unlawful

Drifter

American
Seeing the cockiness of some of these Tory politicians before the verdict ,now walking around in a daze , wondering what just happened here.Is priceless.

OohAahMartial

BoJo will have to resign, and rapidly.

There's only one thing Tories do well, and that is stabbing their leader. A vote of no confidence is coming this week anyway. Just sacrificing Cummings will not suffice.

owlo

Congrats on a winning trade, but guessing it didn't hit your targets?
I'm happy enough. Engines only just started though; wait until they fire up the afterburners. Government haven't even reacted yet, and parliament haven't even started to bully them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@owlo please can you explain how the judges reached this decision and what why prorogued parliament was unlawful ie: what laws did BJ break?

Smores

Is this sky news anchor an active tory or what ?
Nah he's a remainer i think but he likes to push people with common man questions. I actually think he does it to give people the chance to counter argue stupid points

owlo

BoJo will have to resign, and rapidly.

There's only one thing Tories do well, and that is stabbing their leader. A vote of no confidence is coming this week anyway. Just sacrificing Cummings will not suffice.
Not a chance that he resigns as leader of the tories. As prime minister perhaps, with an election painting him as the martyr.

Drifter

American
Somebody on BBC saying that we will not leave on Oct 31 .We will ask for another extension.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I’d prefer a 2nd referendum, followed by a GE.

BrExit should never be decided via a GE because it transcends party politics.

Also Labour should try to keep BJ aim power for a few more weeks for the lolz optics in parliament.

I can’t wait for the next PM’s Questions.
Should be tomorrow shouldn't it?

OohAahMartial

I'm happy enough. Engines only just started though; wait until they fire up the afterburners. Government haven't even reacted yet, and parliament haven't even started to bully them.
I guess there are more boosters for GBP coming up, his resignation, vote of no confidence, GNU, referendum. Probably worth holding your position.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Somebody on BBC saying that we will not leave on Oct 31 .We will ask for another extension.
He's one of the main players in the Brexit party. Yes no chance of anything happening on October 31st now bar more confusion regarding elections and second referendums.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Because this is not like what is happening in America.
I don't know what you're reading but I am purposely signed up to Leave.EU and other similar groups and they're in uproar.

The difference with the US is that they lack public action and the violence element, mainly cos the majority are OAPs, however when it comes to the ballot box they'll be out in droves.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:lol:

Cameron incompetence has lead the country down the path of a constitutional crisis, leaving the EU, might lead to the break up of the Tory party and maybe even the Union itself over the next 10 years.

As stable as a trampoline on the back of a bucking bronco.

Twat
I can see Cameron leading the tories in the upcoming election. Might take a bet on it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@owlo please can you explain how the judges reached this decision and what why prorogued parliament was unlawful ie: what laws did BJ break?
They deemed that the intent of the prorogation was to frustrate parliaments constitutional functions without any reasonable justification. Basically they judged the intent of the government and Johnson.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They deemed that the intent of the prorogation was to frustrate parliaments constitutional functions without any reasonable justification. Basically they judged the intent of the government and Johnson.
So made a subjective call?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's subjective but it's not a bad thing because the government completely failed to explain why they prorogued Parliaments at that moment and for that length, the decision went against the political and legislative context.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Doubt he’ll rush back from New York!
There will be some big important event that he "must attend" which means he won't be back for 3-4 days, and his Tory goons will excuse it because he "must attend" this big important event.

owlo

I'm pretty sure she said that the intent didn't matter, given that the effect was to stymie parliament. And that no other reason was given for prorogation.

WensleyMU

The BBC point out that they haven't said he misled the queen.

Does this mean anything?

Smores

I don't get it either :lol:

Basically the judge can just not like Johnson's actions and go against him saying it was wrong. Dodgy all round.

Might leave the EU sometime in 2949
The question is did the government give adequate justification as to why the length of propogation was needed. Hard to say yes to that.

We don't have a written constitution so a call has to be made it can't be objective.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Nah he's a remainer i think but he likes to push people with common man questions. I actually think he does it to give people the chance to counter argue stupid points
I think so too. It's also an interviewing technique to get people talking, one step above just how, why, what and the open-question stuff.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The BBC point out that they haven't said he misled the queen.

Does this mean anything?
This court has already concluded that the prime minister’s advice to Her Majesty was unlawful
If the Beeb are saying that nobody said Boris misled the queen then they're misleading their viewers.