Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGame

I don't actually disagree with his sentiment, I don't see what business Chuka has attending a meeting for House of Commons party leaders; TIG isn't a party. But how is Corbyn walking out of the meeting providing effective leadership for his own party? He's not going to get another opportunity.
He represents 11 elected MPs, that’s more than the DUP.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And the person who should have been fixing this has done the exact same. But no, focus your anger on that dangerous loony who might make the rich pay a bit more tax.
He really can do no wrong for some it seems. He's done nothing, doesn't even try, doesn't follow his parties manifesto. Before you go thinking I'm a Tory, I have always voted for Labour since I've been able to, but Corbyn has been nothing but pointless as an opposition leader.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Corbyn was an idiot to turn up in the first place but even more so to leave.

The fake outrage that something would have come from the meeting though :lol:
I didn't expect it to provoke a mini armaggedon.:lol:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

I don't think anything would have come from the meeting but that's not really the point is it? Brexit isn't a national crisis enough for him to attend a meeting that also involves Chuka Ummuna, it's pathetic.

NinjaFletch

Are they a party now then? Sweet. I look forward to the list of donors being published in the coming hours.
But, as always, your defence of Corbyn is a huge fecking 'what about blah blah?' that throws up a point that nobody remotely thinks is controversial.

Yes, the meeting was probably a waste of time. Either don't go, citing that as your excuse, or go and give her both barrels whilst claiming to be constructive. Don't go and then throw a sook over a comparatively trivial matter and hand May (another) fecking massive PR win from an own goal you've scored.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He really can do no wrong for some it seems. He's done nothing, doesn't even try, doesn't follow his parties manifesto. Before you go thinking I'm a Tory, I have always voted for Labour since I've been able to, but Corbyn has been nothing but pointless as an opposition leader.
I know dozens of life long Labour voters who have said they will never vote for them again while he is the leader.

That's how bad he is.

PlayerOne

Honestly, what does he lose by sitting there in the meeting? I've worked with people I didn't like but you suck it up and get on with it, you don't like a spoilt child.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst

pretty much this. The problem is lot of people in here think there's a big red STOP BREXIT button that Corbyn is choosing not to push.

That'sHernandez

Meeting for party leaders though. If TIG want to be a party and treated as a party, they should be registered as a party and face the same scruples the other parties do.

Dobba

Honestly, what does he lose by sitting there in the meeting? I've worked with people I didn't like but you suck it up and get on with it, you don't like a spoilt child.
From reading the outcomes of it, time that could be better spent cleaning out his ears?

He does? Blimey. Someone should let the Electoral Commission know.

Drainy

Corbyn is a waste man for sure, but this on that bitch T May. The meeting sounds like it wasn't genuine...
Yeah, if the meeting was serious then you would expect:

A) a more diplomatic approach to invites
B) more open and cooperative discussions of the possible ways forward

It was just a political show to berate leaders into following her plan and to blame parliament for the impasse

PlayerOne

I know dozens of life long Labour voters who have said they will never vote for them again while he is the leader.

That's how bad he is.
I might be one those people too, I feel our voices are being ignored by the party. Honestly, I've thought about it for a while, I have no idea who to vote for in the coming elections.

DavidDeSchmikes

Maybe May knew Chuka's presence would annoy Corbyn causing him to leave thus May gets to blame Corbyn.....3d chess

Drifter

American
Corbyn knows the whole thing is a joke and a empty gesture. What did anyone really think was going to come out of this so called meeting.

Smores

He should have wiped the floor with the Tories in parliament over the past two years with how they've behaved but he is not strong or intelligent enough.
Neither are the electorate or we wouldn't still have this brexit thread

RORY65

What's he done in the last two years to offer meaningful opposition against the government? If he had done anything that captured the public's interest, he'd have won last year's general election but no, he's still neck and neck in polls with the worst government in this century, lead by the worst PM in this century.
It was a weird election in that May called it and then went in to hiding for the whole campaign. It meant that Corbyn got to set much of the agenda and therefore was able to avoid talking about Brexit, where he knows his views are not in line with most Labour members or voters. It's why I think it's odd that he's so desperate to have an election now, he's not doing very well in the polls and he couldn't avoid talking about Brexit this given that the election would only be called due to the impasse.

As posters have pointed out the meeting does look like a complete sham but I don't expect any better from May or the Tories. The fault is obviously on them and they've made it all about themselves but the issue at the moment is that Labour's Brexit policy is not any more convincing and him walking out doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

TheGame

Meeting for party leaders though. If TIG want to be a party and treated as a party, they should be registered as a party and face the same scruples the other parties do.
The meeting is about briefing all the major groups, he is defacto leader of 11 MPs. They still count as a group, registration admin aside. Pathetic from Corbyn if that is his argument for walking out.

That'sHernandez

It was a weird election in that May called it and then went in to hiding for the whole campaign. It meant that Corbyn got to set much of the agenda and therefore was able to avoid talking about Brexit, where he knows his views are not in line with most Labour members or voters. It's why I think it's odd that he's so desperate to have an election now, he's not doing very well in the polls and he couldn't avoid talking about Brexit this given that the election would only be called due to the impasse.

As posters have pointed out the meeting does look like a complete sham but I don't expect any better from May or the Tories, the issue at the moment is that Labour's Brexit policy is not any more convincing and him walking out doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.
Stop making excuses for him. You're exactly right, May went into hiding so Corbyn was essentially running for PM against no one and he still bloody lost!

I'm sorry but I deal in empirical evidence and all of the empirical evidence I have seen so far says his views are in line with all of the brexit voting labour voters.

That'sHernandez

The meeting is about briefing all the major groups, he is defacto leader of 11 MPs. They still count as a group, registration admin aside. Pathetic from Corbyn if that is his argument for walking out.
Fair point if that's the case. Not defending Corbyn, I think he should have stayed at the meeting.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

:lol:

Two party leaders just playing it up for their own supporters whilst we're nine days away.

Silva

it's not, it was a negotiated meeting between party leaders, it turned into a briefing and corbyn checked out

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, if the meeting was serious then you would expect:

A) a more diplomatic approach to invites
B) more open and cooperative discussions of the possible ways forward

It was just a political show to berate leaders into following her plan and to blame parliament for the impasse
Which Corbyn somehow managed to turn into an own goal. His continued ability to shoot himself and the party in the foot, given even the tiniest hint of an opportunity, is remarkable.

Once again, we’re reminded that someone with aspirations of winning a General Elections doesn’t seem to have even the most basic idea of how to play the games successful politicians need to play. All he had to was turn up, participate, then spin the meeting as just another Tory driven waste of time; with Labour the only adults in the room. And he couldn’t even manage that. Instead it’s him that’s being perceived as behaving like a child. What an incompetent tool.

TheGame

it's not, it was a negotiated meeting between party leaders, it turned into a briefing and corbyn checked out
But he is the defacto leader of 11 MPs. So they haven’t registered as a party with the Electoral Commission, doesn’t change the fact they are a group of elected MPs with more numbers than the DUP. The excuse from Corbyn either way is pathetic.

Smores

But he is the defacto leader of 11 MPs. So they haven’t registered as a party with the Electoral Commission, doesn’t change the fact they are a group of elected MPs with more numbers than the DUP. The excuse from Corbyn either way is pathetic.
They have no policy either, no different to any other independents

Drainy

Which Corbyn somehow managed to turn into an own goal. His continued ability to shoot himself and the party in the foot, given even the tiniest hint of an opportunity, is remarkable.

Once again, we’re reminded that someone with aspirations of winning a General Elections doesn’t seem to have even the most basic idea of playing the games successful politicians need to play. All he had to was turn up, participate, then spin the meeting as just another Tory driven waste of time, with Labour the only adults in the room. And he couldn’t even manage that. What an incompetent tool.
Agreed - it was a trap that he fell into and then played himself. Just how they hoped.