Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Well, I believe that brexit will have (and is having) negative impact on the UK economy, but to be fair, the global economy is slowing down
Sorry to pick on this post as an example, but people need to stop saying things like this and look at the logic and the facts behind what is happening, rather than trying to downplay every warning sign that smacks us in the face.

The reason the economy has taken a hit, and the reason the pound takes a hit every time the phrase "no deal" is uttered, is because it is quite obvious that it would be a very harmful and damaging thing to do.

The potential negative impacts of no deal brexit are very clear, where as the positive ones are based on at best guess work and hope, and actually in most cases, lies.

Boris lies willingly about Brexit, and it is brushed off as him playing the game to gather support for himself, which apparently means it is nothing to worry about, but this ignores the very obvious and simple truth...that if someone has to LIE to you to convince you something is the right thing to do, it's because it isn't the right thing to do. People have become so wrapped up in needing Brexit to happen, they are willing to just lie and make stuff up to do so. Ignoring the damage it will do.

Let me give you some information. Since pretty much the day it became clear Boris would be PM, we have stopped receiving building applications at work. No one wants to build anything. We have gone from dealing with roughly 70 different new construction projects a month, to maybe half that. The commercial side of construction in our area has died completely. This is because no deal means no certainty over being able to afford materials, Labour, machinery, etc. No certainty over what you build having any value once it is complete. This is due to knock on effects elsewhere, and also has a big knock on effect to things like house sales, retail etc. Because eveyone is stuck with nowhere to move. This is why we are suddenly in danger of being in recession, and we WILL be in recession in 3 months time unless Boris and co change course. It is unavoidable at present. It is astonishing the lengths of self harm the brexit brigade are going to in order to avoid admitting what is happening. If the issues continue to be ignored this has the potential to affect anyone who's job or livelyhood is reliant on the economy, which is basically all of us.

My girlfriend who requires permanent medication, has been told by her GP and her pharmacy that she will likely find it difficult to get the correct medication in the case of a no deal, and to be prepared for such a scenario. This is because it is simply not possible to "stockpile" every medicine the everyone needs, and even if it were, it wouldn't be possible to stockpile enough of it to not potentially cause delays to supply. Even if deals are in place to maintain supply, which you would hope is likely, no deal causes other complications in getting it to where it needs to go. My girlfriend is fortunate that she has alternative medication choices, but they have side effects. Other people's quality of life would potentially be more severely effected. It may turn out to only cause minor problems. This could also be a nationwide disaster.

Stuff like this is played off as "scare mongering" but it is the reality of looking at the logical possibilities of an incompetent government being in charge of a no deal Brexit...something which even the most competent official would struggle to explain any benefit of. It is a bad idea unless we know exactly what we are doing, and we don't. We don't even know what we need to stockpile.

People NEED to start looking at this honestly, so that in the very least the government is force to deal with it responsibly. Otherwise they simply aren't going to. They have put the most irresponsible official they have in charge. The kind of person who would tell you cancer doesn't exist in order to sell you a packet of cigarettes, or who would push you out of a plane to prove gravity doesn't exist. Just because he is lying and actually knows gravity is real, doesn't mean you aren't going to die when he pushes you out.

When the reality is grim it's really important to do something about it rather than just pretend it isn't.

I'm starting to really worry about it because I don't see any sign of anyone being sensible or responaible about what is going on. It's like everyone is waiting for the bus to hit them before trying to move out of the way.

Don't Kill Bill

Because we clearly need to be part of a European army going forwards but Brexiteers can't stand that idea.
I don't think recruitment levels are Brexit related it is probably more related to having very low unemployment rates which Brexit will probably increase. I don't think we need to be part of an EU army which is likely a very bad idea and I voted remain.

Steven Seagull

Because maintaining the domestic army necessary for national security is too expensive and it makes more sense to spread the load among our European partners. A bit like NATO
Why just Europe? What about North Africa, Russia or the Turks? Are they allowed in our army? It all just seems like extra borders which get consistently complained about by the hardcore remainers

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
God forbid that the UK is allowed a say on EU/European matters

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
God forbid that the UK is allowed a say on EU/European matters
Then remain as a member of the EU. You can't leave the Silly Hats Club and then demand to pick which type of cotton they use for next February's gingham bowler.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Then remain as a member of the EU. You can't leave the Silly Hats Club and then demand to pick which type of cotton they use for next February's gingham bowler.
......there’s a silly hats club? Does Boris know about it?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I am delighted to announce that Dick Braine is the new leader of UKIP. You've gotta love it.

hobbers

Oh Caroline :lol:

Women better at cooperating with those they disagree with ... yeh hmm nah.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Caroline and Heidi ugh. Do these lot actually get off on making gimmicks of our lives. Lord Sutch would make it as a moderate today.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Also the Green party is awful

I'm not being funny but if somebody suggested we needed a cabinet of 10 men or 10 white folks I'm sure there would be uproar

I mean
. “Why women? Because I believe women have shown they can bring a different perspective to crises, are able to reach out to those they disagree with and cooperate to find solutions,” she wrote.
I typically like a lot of the greens policies and Lucas normally comes over well... I think she's dropped a bollock so to speak there though

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Oh Caroline :lol:

Women better at cooperating with those they disagree with ... yeh hmm nah.
Such a silly idea. Women good at cooperating together. Do me a favour.
What we need is a dose of realism not yet another dose of sexism.

hobbers

The "diversity is our greatest strength" mantra really goes out the window for these types when it suits them.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'm not being funny but if somebody suggested we needed a cabinet of 10 men or 10 white folks I'm sure there would be uproar
She did suggest a cabinet of 10 white folks to be fair, think there has been uproar generated over this.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst

I mean

I typically like a lot of the greens policies and Lucas normally comes over well... I think she's dropped a bollock so to speak there though
I think like many Brexit has melted her brain.

She did suggest a cabinet of 10 white folks to be fair, think there has been uproar generated over this.
:lol:

Yeah was going to mentioning this. It's pretty fecking awful to not have any women of colour in her ''fantasy cabinet.''

Maticmaker

Caroline Lucas should get together with Donald Trump in a double act, their theme tune, "anything crazy that you can do, I can do better, anything you stupidly tweet I can tweet more stupid..."

You couldn't make it up...but, sorry yes you can!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I don't understand this. How can someone in her position think that would come across well? Are her advisors double agents?