Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think Len McCluskey has been leader aince I moved to the UK. Needs to go.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Think Len McCluskey has been leader aince I moved to the UK. Needs to go.
This guy has been the leader of the taxi union in my city since before I was born I think. Not really relevant but any excuse to post his photo

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This is a great thread on the current situation and this inept government:
Sigh...

...off to make an Indy Ref 2 poster now. The rest of you should get out when you can as well.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Sigh...

...off to make an Indy Ref 2 poster now. The rest of you should get out when you can as well.
Brightonian independence jokes show up after every major vote.

Hoping we soon realise it's not something to joke about and a very important cause. Then we become the first country to outlaw heterosexuality.

DOTA

Honestly, which part of 'immediate extension of article 50 and a general election with Labour campaigning for a second referendum' is not what liberals want? What do liberals want?

DOTA

If he is made pm call a referendum before a ge and he would have snp green lib palid and Tig (or whatever there name is today) referendum after be he looses all vote except potentially snp ...
I see. So they'd rather we leave with no deal than have an election.

DOTA

'We are so against Brexit that we think it's better to have the hardest Brexit possible than it is to risk Labour winning an election campaigning for a second referendum'.

NinjaFletch

'We are so against Brexit that we think it's better to have the hardest Brexit possible than it is to risk Labour winning an election campaigning for a second referendum'.
Not to defend Swinson too much, who is a Tory and an awful choice by the Lib Dems given the demographics of people that they're attracting atm, but isn't the point that Corbyn's plan is a 'nonsense' because she doesn't think that he can command a majority in the house of commons to win a confidence vote himself in order to enact the plan?

DOTA

Not to defend Swinson too much, who is a Tory and an awful choice by the Lib Dems given the demographics of people that they're attracting atm, but isn't the point that Corbyn's plan is a 'nonsense' because she doesn't think that he can command a majority in the house of commons to win a confidence vote himself in order to enact the plan?
I have no idea what Swinson said. It was sun-tzu and the general image of 'Remainers' I have that I was attacking.

I should go back to quietly watching our inevitable doom with morbid curiosity, rather than getting aggressive.

We're all gonna die on either the pro-Corbyn hil, the anti-Corbyn hill or the 'rationing is fun actually' one.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Honestly, which part of 'immediate extension of article 50 and a general election with Labour campaigning for a second referendum' is not what liberals want? What do liberals want?
In principle I do accept that the Labour proposal gives us two distinct options.
A no deal exit with all the problems that will cause.
Or
An interim administration which will request a delay to A50 while a second referendum is enacted as a counter to a no deal.

My strong preference is the latter.
I must put my hand up and admit that I have been against a second referendum.
However, faced with the Boris Johnson clear policy of leaving without a deal, I will swallow my previous dislike of a second referendum and support the Labour plan.
I have to say that I still believe that in the event of a second referendum, the vote will still be to leave.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Think no deal just went to 99.999999% likley thanks to comrade Corbyn...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49352250
It's almost like he's trying on purpose to propose something he knows the libs will reject
It reeks of a power grab and shows a distinct lack of self awareness. It's also dumb as feck considering Boris has tried to paint him as some kind of evil monster. "I'll stop Corbyn getting power" is a laughable line, but when the target himself starts pantomime performances like this he just makes things worse for himself.

I like Corbyn but he seriously needs someone to tell him EXACTLY what to say in public.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I have no idea what Swinson said. It was sun-tzu and the general image of 'Remainers' I have that I was attacking.

I should go back to quietly watching our inevitable doom with morbid curiosity, rather than getting aggressive.

We're all gonna die on either the pro-Corbyn hil, the anti-Corbyn hill or the 'rationing is fun actually' one.
I'm telling you mate, Brighton and Scotland alliance for independence. Obviously we'll need to negotiate on the "no heterosexuals allowed" thing because, unless Ryan Reynolds is up for it, I'm afraid I'll have to leave the country.

Siorac

If he is made pm call a referendum before a ge and he would have snp green lib palid and Tig (or whatever there name is today) referendum after ge he looses all vote except potentially snp ...
He's either an idiot or he wants a hard brexit... Oh or both obvs
I read this post about 20 times now and I still have no idea what it means. Can someone please clarify, using punctuation and stuff?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Most MP's are just concerned with their own careers and change with the wind. Hardly care where the country is heading and what it will do to the Union if Brexit happens.

Hypocrites!

I read this post about 20 times now and I still have no idea what it means. Can someone please clarify, using punctuation and stuff?
Haha, same here so I’ll give it a go...

If he is made Prime Minister, he should call a referendum before a General Election, at that point he would have the backing of the SNP, Greens, Lib Dems and Tig.
If he calls a referendum after a General Election he loses all backing except potentially the SNP.
He's either an idiot or he wants a hard brexit... Oh or both obviously.

That right @sun_tzu ?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

If he is made Prime Minister, he should call a referendum before a General Election, at that point he would have the backing of the SNP, Greens, Lib Dems and Tig.
If he calls a referendum after a General Election he loses all backing except potentially the SNP.

That right @sun_tzu ?

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
It reeks of a power grab and shows a distinct lack of self awareness. It's also dumb as feck considering Boris has tried to paint him as some kind of evil monster. "I'll stop Corbyn getting power" is a laughable line, but when the target himself starts pantomime performances like this he just makes things worse for himself.

I like Corbyn but he seriously needs someone to tell him EXACTLY what to say in public.
Why? He's just going to enact what needs to be done to avoid no deal and then call a GE and campaign for a second referendum. Which until he actually said he was going to do it, seemed to be what people wanted him to do.

Smores

I guess them and Corbyn both feel the same
After all they spoke about a unity government with a labour MP other than Corbyn in charge and Corbyn wouldn't go for that ...
So Labour should change leader because the Lib Dems don't like the optics of supporting Corbyn who wouldn't even be enacting any Labour policy as a caretaker? :lol:

Of course it should be the leader of the opposition, if Labour back a moderate Tory or a lord then great but let's not pretend the Lib Dem opposition is anything but them protecting their own narrow angle.

As for a referendum before a general election. If leave win then what? A general election where Boris wins and we're back to where we are with no deal.

Shamwow

I guess them and Corbyn both feel the same
After all they spoke about a unity government with a labour MP other than Corbyn in charge and Corbyn wouldn't go for that ...
Because it's a completely ridiculous and unnecessary demand and the very concept of Tories and Lib Dems having a say in the leader of the Parliamentary Labour Party is insane.

Siorac

That right @sun_tzu ?
That makes sense - I hope you successfully interpreted the author's meaning.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Because it's a completely ridiculous and unnecessary demand and the very concept of Tories and Lib Dems having a say in the leader of the Parliamentary Labour Party is insane.
They are not asking for that... he can stay leader of the labour party
They are saying if a government of unity with a temporary PM is to be formed that should be a labour mp who is not corbyn as they all think he is useless.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So Labour should change leader because the Lib Dems don't like the optics of supporting Corbyn who wouldn't even be enacting any Labour policy as a caretaker? :lol:

Of course it should be the leader of the opposition, if Labour back a moderate Tory or a lord then great but let's not pretend the Lib Dem opposition is anything but them protecting their own narrow angle.

As for a referendum before a general election. If leave win then what? A general election where Boris wins and we're back to where we are with no deal.
No they simply say they that corbyn cant command a majority of mps in the house of commons... but they have indicated they might back thornberry or Watson and come together as a national government to organise a second referendum

It does not impact on corbyn being leader of the labour party simply he won't be pm... though apparently that's a red line for corbyn and McDonald and they would sooner have a Tory hard brexit than allow the mps to pick a blairite

As for a referendum before a ge I would assume "leave" wont win... but either leave with no deal or leave under the terms of the existing w.a. would (or remain) depending on what the options were... but the options would give a clear mandate or at least clearer than brexit means brexit

NinjaFletch

Alright, thought you were responding to the article directly because of your use of 'liberals' and 'they' in the posts before that.

In all honesty, I think our reactions to this are what both parties want. If they were all serious about stopping no-deal then there is a workable way to command a majority in the HoC; it would be fairly exceptional, but yet Johnson and the no deal fantasists have realised that they can win by systematically ignoring conventional wisdom and creating a new set of rules to play by, Labour, the Lib Dems, the Tig4C (or whatever they're called this week) and the SNP haven't worked out how to play the new game yet.

If you can't stop no deal, because either you or the people you need to ally with haven't worked out how to play the game yet, then the next best thing from the point of view of both Labour and the Lib Dems is to do well in the election that follows. For both parties this spat plays well in trying to hoover up the anti-Tory vote: Labour will argue that if the other parties had played ball they would have succeeded in stopping Johnson, the Lib Dems would argue that Labour put party interest ahead of the national one and only offered a solution that could never have worked because Corbyn could never have commanded a majority in the commons.

At any rate, we better all start stockpiling because I don't see how there is the nous, will or political skill on the Remain side to stop no deal at this point. The only hope is that Johnson is bluffing, and that seems an incredibly forlorn one to me.

Last edited:

Shamwow

They are not asking for that... he can stay leader of the labour party
They are saying if a government of unity with a temporary PM is to be formed that should be a labour mp who is not corbyn as they all think I he is useless.
He won't be leader of the Parliamentary Labour party if someone else is in charge. Come on.

And we can't have Tories and lib dems who last I checked are responsible for the current cluster feck, along with the atrocious shit that's going on with benefits and a dozen other feck ups deciding that they get to choose which labour MP is "competent" enough to be in charge.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Why? He's just going to enact what needs to be done to avoid no deal and then call a GE and campaign for a second referendum. Which until he actually said he was going to do it, seemed to be what people wanted him to do.
You and I know that but unfortunately the press easily twist his words, I hate saying it but he needs to play their game a little. I support what he's saying just not how he said it.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He won't be leader of the Parliamentary Labour party if someone else is in charge. Come on.

And we can't have Tories and lib dems who last I checked are responsible for the current cluster feck, along with the atrocious shit that's going on with benefits and a dozen other feck ups deciding that they get to choose which labour MP is "competent" enough to be in charge.
Meh then leave it to the county to pick and you can get 8/1 on labour winning a majority
So if you think corbyn is going to win make yourself a fortune ... though I wouldn't be surprised to see no majority and basically libs / SNP demanding they get rid of corbyn as hes simply a toxic brand
Gut feel though is boris wins and you end up with a hard Brexit and the echo chamber blaming the fake news press and meh probably blaming Blair and or Jews and insisting jezbollah should remain leader

Shamwow

You and I know that but unfortunately the press easily twist his words, I hate saying it but he needs to play their game a little. I support what he's saying just not how he said it.
So we play their game and say okay you don't want corbyn? John mcdonnell will be interim leader. Then what happens?

Shamwow

Meh then leave it to the county to pick and you can get 8/1 on labour winning a majority
So if you think corbyn is going to win make yourself a fortune ... though I wouldn't be surprised to see no majority and basically libs / SNP demanding they get rid of corbyn as hes simply a toxic brand
Gut feel though is boris wins and you end up with a hard Brexit and the echo chamber blaming the fake news press and meh probably blaming Blair and or Jews and insisting jezbollah should remain leader
Can we get a translator again please

Dobba

They're fuming because this means they won't be able to get through a No Deal Brexit, with the clean pair of hands they were banking on, for the next stage of British politics. Swinson's been forced to play her hand and it's yet another stinker.