Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Am I being dramatic or is this the most chaotic day in our country's politics in any of our lifetimes?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Am I being dramatic or is this the most chaotic day in our country's politics in any of our lifetimes?
And it will seem to be the calmest and most sensible day of the week by the time parliament closes early next week :lol:

Build up to Iraq war was quite nuts too.

Smores

Well we no longer need to wonder what it'd be like if we had Trump at the dispatch box

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
BJ is absolutely terrible answering questions under pressure. I thought he’d be so much better.

He is definitely not suited to be a dictator.

#CrapTinPotDictator

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I thought Johnson would be better at the dispatch box than this. He's on the back foot the whole time.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Johnson called the other parties a 'junta' earlier today.

DavidDeSchmikes

From the BBC

BBC said:
Lib Dems' LGBT chair resigns over Lee defection

Jennie Rigg, chair of the Lib Dems LGBT group, says on Twitter that she has sent an email to the membership resigning after the party accepted Phillip Lee as an MP.

Among her concerns is his support in 2014 for banning HIV-positive immigrants from Britain.

In a blogpost, Ms Rigg accused him of being a "homophobe, a xenophobe, and someone who thinks people should be barred from the country if they are ill"

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I think referendum result day was more chaotic - Cameron going, pound plummeting, move against Corbyn etc. Though today it all feels more tangible.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Out of interest, if BJ loses election and leader of Conservatives position, who would their next leader be?!

Presumably many leading moderates would be deselected so not in parliament.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
This is like Transfer deadline day... still holding out for one last dramatic Chuka move before it closes...

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I think referendum result day was more chaotic - Cameron going, pound plummeting, move against Corbyn etc. Though today it all feels more tangible.
This is the only other day I feel is in the conversation. Today has plenty left before it ends.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Gove? Unless they opt for a younger Conservative to try and shift the image of the Conservative Party, like Cameron in 2005.
Can’t see that, as by then Tory BrExit plans would have been proven to be unpalatable to electorate, so why would they appoint such a prominent brexiter? Problem is most moderates would also be deselected to the party would be royally screwed!

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
When I first moved to the UK 19 years ago I was very surprised to discover there was such a thing as white gypsies here. Generally gypsies in Europe are of Indian descent and not white/caucasian
North Indians are Caucasian, the gypsies, who followed their king out of North India are Caucasian.

In this instance Caucasian refers to white-european. Which of course you knew. The same thing its meant for the past century.

Ask 10 people what it means and 9 or more will say, white european, or white person.

Glad we can clear that one up PVDG.

One last thing, can you define "My racism"?
By saying that Caucasians are only white it shows your racism.

Do you know where the Caucasus is? Georgia. And the people of the caucasus went both East and West, so into what you now call western Europe and far into India. That much is proven with DNA

Even the police call use the term "white Caucasian" when referring to white people. If the term Caucasian meant white, the "white" at the beginning of that phrase would be redundant.

Actually maybe you're not racist, just ignorant and appear racist. I'm sorry that reading your words led me to assume that you were purposely ignoring more than half of the Caucasian population.

Plus, there are white Europeans who are not Caucasian, like the Finnish, so, seriously, do some reading before you try to wum again

Simbo

Fun times to work for a major importer
Be interesting to see if the poll reflected the real feelings, considering the small number actually polled (15000 over 112 areas is barely a 100 people per area).

The issue with polls regarding the EU referendum, is that they have been consistently wrong.
For sure, in this instance though he would only have an issue if it had a large majority for the leave vote, it was marginal at 47% so he's probably pretty confident it has swung, even more confident even less voted for the shit-show BJ is trying to force through.

WensleyMU

Fun times to work for a major importer

For sure, in this instance though he would only have an issue if it had a large majority for the leave vote, it was marginal at 47% so he's probably pretty confident it has swung, even more confident even less voted for the shit-show BJ is trying to force through.
Apparently he lost a confidence vote in his constituency last year so his confidence is perhaps misplaced.

Maticmaker

probably a few large leave constituiencies in the north (ex mining towns etc) where a brexit party candidate may actually do better than a conservative one
That's straight out of Cummings election plan play book.

There would be no problem ditching Labour these days for old labour people, who find they have nothing in common with the loony left, nor the Islington elite; however getting them to vote Tory even for Brexit might test their will and is still a big ask. So Nigel's troops stand up and the Tories stand down in such seats, simples... don't forget the similar 'switches' will occur in Tory remain seats where a popular but Tory rebel has been deselected but stands as an independent, or where a deal is done with the Lib-Dems/Greens/Welsh Nats.

Election night will be a fun filled fiasco (if you like that sort of thing) as the pundits try to find out/predict who is winning, with old party loyalties out of the window, their calculations will be all over the place... bet nobody promises to eat their hat this time (with due respect to Paddy's memory)