Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He'll be redrawing the map of Europe with a Sharpie next.

SteveJ

Scout
They've been utterly wrong-footed all week, and yet their brilliant strategy is to double-down. Idiots.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
JFC?!? Oh dear. That's pathetic.

Nah, feck off Boris. No election for you mate. Back to Brussells and crack on with this amazing deal you've been working on you jabbering cockwomble.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Back to the HoC on Monday.
According to the Guardian

Peers pass Benn bill blocking no-deal Brexit on 31 October, paving way for it to become law on Monday
The Benn bill, intended to prevent a no-deal Brexit on 31 October, has just been approved by the House of Lords. It passed the upper house without being amended, which means that it does not have to go back to the House of Commons. It will become law as soon as it gets royal assent, which should happen on Monday.

Ady87

Love that the KFC tweet is doing numbers. The Conservatives have really missed the goal here. It's not funny enough to get the reaction they want and now people are going IN on them.

Fully Fledged

Love that the KFC tweet is doing numbers. The Conservatives have really missed the goal here. It's not funny enough to get the reaction they want and now people are going IN on them.
Of course it's not funny it's infantile. Doing something because someone calls you a coward is the type of thing we teach our kids not to fall for. The idea that actual adults are using this line of thought is cringe worthy.

Smores

JFC?!? Oh dear. That's pathetic.

Nah, feck off Boris. No election for you mate. Back to Brussells and crack on with this amazing deal you've been working on you jabbering cockwomble.
I think they genuinely fear having to come up with some credible negotiations. I know they'll just blame it on parliament but they lack of credibility will be obvious to most.

Boris won't go though he'll send a delegate and then sign it micky mouse or some other immature bollocks

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Where do you think todays legions of pensioner tory voters come from?

They were young once and probably just as nice and idealistic as todays young, but as they grow older their perspective shifts and they realise that nice/idealistic guys tend to finish last, if they finish at all, and that just as much bullshit comes from all across the political spectrum, not just the right, and that standing and shouting in the streets can be exciting but in this country (as opposed to France) it usually achieves jack shit, except of course if you are arrested and then often police/criminal record is established that will follow you forever.

It took me years to realise that some support for left wing causes in my early twenties that saw me out on the streets had been photographed and recorded and years later stopped me getting onto short lists for certain job... obviously that can't happen now, but it did then.

The ageing process generally wears you down and slows you down, but it gives you one big advantage you begin to realise that in your youth, you knew feck all!

This is an extraordinary post and deserves more attention.

SteveJ

Scout
Maticmaker said:
It took me years to realise that some support for left wing causes in my early twenties that saw me out on the streets had been photographed and recorded and years later stopped me getting onto short lists for certain job... obviously that can't happen now, but it did then.
Don't count on it.

MadMike

Cummings thinks that since infantile attacks, social media weaponisation and memes worked so well for Trump it must work for Johnson too.

Only he doesn't have reddit and 4chan fighting the culture war for him and making dank memes, so his attempts look ridiculous and unfunny.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Beyond pathetic. Is this really their strategy?

Corbyn should use it to make a statement in support of british farmers with the promise that JFC will prioritise local british products because they are the best.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
There should be no circumstance where people dying for lack of medicines should be the result of a trade agreement.
Indeed... And I'm not saying no deal should come at a cliff edge immediately

But if people voted for no transition agreement that there would be let's say a year to prepare for it fully (stockpile... Increase port throughout... Design protocols for prioritisation of different things)

I believe the best option is to remain and failing that a Norway style deal but if the majority of people voted for a no transition deal scenario in the full knowledge of what that entailed then I think that should be ok implemented ... I also think that without that option on a ballot (and hopefully defeated) the hard brexit movement would gain in force and probably skupper any future deal anyway

Smores

Is there any way Johnson Prorogues Parliament at 00:01 Monday before it can get Royal Assent?
Yeah its possible, i believe he's at balmoral today in fact.

Imagine the leaps in logic to try and make it out as a normal process like the last one :lol:

SteveJ

Scout
Guardian said:
Labour has called for Boris Johnson to dismiss a new Downing Street staff member who has praised the work of a far-right, anti-Islam politician, while anti-racism campaigners expressed alarm at her appointment.

Chloe Westley, who will lead Johnson’s social media team at No 10, sent a now-deleted tweet in 2016 praising Anne Marie Waters as “a hero”. Waters, who has close links to the jailed anti-Islam activist Tommy Robinson, leads the far-right For Britain party.

SteveJ

Scout
This, from the Times, is a genuine quote:

owlo

What happened with those 92 amendments...were they all voted on?
They gave up sometime yesterday when it became clear they would lose anyway when the house sat all weekend and 24 hours a day, and start using that 'the noble lord shall no longer be heard' devices etc. Would have just wasted their time for a loss in the end.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Beyond pathetic. Is this really their strategy?

The Tories just don't get it do they.
It just goes to prove what they think of the level of intellect of the public.
Yes one or two might tee hee.
But quite honestly they are just displaying their true self. Pathetic and embarrassing.
They are obviously on the run and will stoop to any level to grab the headlines.
Boris should remember the maxim:
When you are in the sh1t, stop digging.