Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah but but that's not leaving because they won't let us unless we resolve the border.....but Boris is doing a good job he's erm been shouty and stuff and will solve the border next anyway.
It is leaving regardless of the border. We are no longer members of the EU.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So what's the schedule in Parliament for today?
2.30 pm

Oral questions

Education (including Topical Questions)

Consideration of Lords amendments

If necessary

Motion

Debate to approve a Motion relating to Section 7 of the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019 (Historical institutional abuse)

Motion

Debate to approve a Motion relating to Section 6 of the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019 (Victims' payment)

Motion

Debate to approve a Motion relating to Section 5 of the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019 (Human trafficking)

Motion

Debate to approve a Motion relating to Section 4 of the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019 (Gambling)

Motion

General Debate on a Motion relating to Section 3(2) of the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019

Consideration of Lords amendments

Parliamentary Buildings (Restoration and Renewal) Bill

Motion

Early Parliamentary General Election

Adjournment

Local environmental impact of a solar power plant at Cleve Hill - Helen Whately

pacifictheme

We do have a very large pharmaceutical industry however you cannot just start producing medications you have neither the licence for, or the ability to produce.
Yeah but when we're out from under the eus thumb we can do wot we want mate. Make britain great again. Phase 1: kill all the weak off.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's a sad state of affairs that our PM is rumoured to be willing to break the law for a referendum result that was not legally binding.

I worry BoJo will try to be a martyr for the wealthy who are trying to avoid having their finances looked into.

"take one for the team Boris, we'll look after you"

Smores

Can the executive just cancel an extension unilaterally? I feel like this has been discussed before and the answer is no but they clearly think they'll comply in law but not spirit.

Maybe they'll append the request with an unreasonable condition
Seems like the latter is their latest plan under consideration but some legal experts are saying it wouldn't comply.

Next plan, send it in size 0.5 font so they can't read it.

Maybe he'll do a caf and add a white text sentence.

Smores

Hold on, they're voting on an early election again today? What has changed since the end of last week?
The idea was once the bill gets royal assent they'd ask again. However Boris and his ministers have spent all week basically admitting they won't comply with it.

It's just ammunition for their campaign against Corbyn i guess

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Hold on, they're voting on an early election again today? What has changed since the end of last week?
Suspect Boris will float the idea that they have found a legal loophole and he won't have to extend (without giving details)
And try and frame it as back an election now as it's the only way to stop no deal
If it works will come down to Legal advice people have received and how much they trust it.

So far the opposition parties seem pretty resolute that they believe it's watertight and gives enough time to take legal action to force the issue if it's not implemented.

If (as looks likely) Boris fails to get 2/3 for his election then I think his only option would be to call a vote of no confidence in himself (don't think there is time for a separate simple majority brexit bill)

Gut feel though he prorouges Tuesday (to avoid pmq's) or the other option is he thinks he will have another (final?) go at pmq's to really push his remoaner sabatours and people Vs the parliament rethoric

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Oh wow, it's Boris Trumpson:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Suspect Boris will float the idea that they have found a legal loophole and he won't have to extend (without giving details)
And try and frame it as back an election now as it's the only way to stop no deal
If it works will come down to Legal advice people have received and how much they trust it.

So far the opposition parties seem pretty resolute that they believe it's watertight and gives enough time to take legal action to force the issue if it's not implemented.

If (as looks likely) Boris fails to get 2/3 for his election then I think his only option would be to call a vote of no confidence in himself (don't think there is time for a separate simple majority brexit bill)

Gut feel though he prorouges Tuesday (to avoid pmq's) or the other option is he thinks he will have another (final?) go at pmq's to really push his remoaner sabatours and people Vs the parliament rethoric
Just imagine the scenario where he calls a VONC on himself, and parliament actually votes to show their confidence in him... because they have absolutely no confidence in him. Then he’s protected for a year from another vote with no majority to get anything done, no actual confidence of the house and no fecking clue where to go from there.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just imagine the scenario where he calls a VONC on himself, and parliament actually votes to show their confidence in him... because they have absolutely no confidence in him. Then he’s protected for a year from another vote with no majority to get anything done, no actual confidence of the house and no fecking clue where to go from there.
I love British politics!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think that's wrong

If the conservative 1922 committee calls a vote of confidence he wins regarding his leadership and he wins then yes that's the case

The opposition in the commons can call a Vote of confidence in the government pretty much whenever

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think that's wrong

If the conservative 1922 committee calls a vote of confidence he wins regarding his leadership and he wins then yes that's the case

The opposition in the commons can call a Vote of confidence in the government pretty much whenever
Who are they expecting to call the vote then?

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Pendle, probably somewhere near Nelson. If he's a Tory that's seen 'rejuvination' in the 2010's then Barrowford or Fence - something like that. It's where you go if you can escape Burnley, like to sneer at it - but still rely on it.
Strange, I was just thinking of walking Pendle hill tomorrow and this is the first post I've read today. Stupendous countryside, great place to live if you have work and can afford a house somewhere out of the terraces. An awful lot of minimum wage stuff in Burnley itself though, can be rather grim to be honest.

Fingeredmouse

I think that's wrong

I'm pretty sure you're right.

Smores

I think that's wrong

Yup nothing stopping the opposition tabling a VONC once a week in theory.

Ady87

Her full account is spouting a lot of shit she knows nothing about.
What is alarming is there are people like her in large numbers that don't use Twitter which makes it very difficult to challenge. What is worse is that those that do use Twitter and have their nonsense shut down just dig their heels in out of stubbornness.

Drifter

American
Boris saying one thing to the Irish PM. That he does not want to come out without a deal.

WensleyMU

Pendle, probably somewhere near Nelson. If he's a Tory that's seen 'rejuvination' in the 2010's then Barrowford or Fence - something like that. It's where you go if you can escape Burnley, like to sneer at it - but still rely on it.
Aye Pendle.

WensleyMU

Strange, I was just thinking of walking Pendle hill tomorrow and this is the first post I've read today. Stupendous countryside, great place to live if you have work and can afford a house somewhere out of the terraces. An awful lot of minimum wage stuff in Burnley itself though, can be rather grim to be honest.
Drive over Pendle Hill every day to work. Amazing scenery on a good day always brings a smile to my face even though O have seen it thousands of times.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Who are they expecting to call the vote then?
The opposition or the government can call a no confidence motion in the house of commons that's voted on by all MP's

The 1922 committee can call a vote of confidence amongst conservative MPs if enough letters are received calling for it

Totally separate processes calling for confidence in separate things and voted on by different groups

And the vote today isn't a confidence motion it's a vote under the fixed term parliament act.

I guess on reflection without that act we would now be in an election campaign

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I think that's wrong

You’re right. The one year thing is purely an internal Tory party procedure, and even then there was talk of scrapping it when May’s government was crumbling.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Just seen the varadker and Johnson conference... Certainly some doubt cast by varadker that an extension would be granted

I think it's going to come down to a vote in the commons on no deal, Mays deal or revoke

A majority against all 3 options ... Basically back to where we were months ago

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah sounds like the EU have had enough now. The can has been kicked as far along on the road as it can be and with Parliament still unable to vote on anything constructive it'll be out with no deal by default.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Another day of Johnson telling everyone that he has 'an abundance' of plans and proposals...yet he can't reveal them at this time. Hmm.

Smores

Just seen the varadker and Johnson conference... Certainly some doubt cast by varadker that an extension would be granted

I think it's going to come down to a vote in the commons on no deal, Mays deal or revoke

Another option being reported by Faisal and others on Twitter is that they may be moving to a new deal with a border down the irish see dressed up as other solutions. Possibly with NI being given a vote on it.

Of course let them remain in all but name and scotland will want to as well.

stevoc

Haven't been following events as closely the last few months but isn't No Deal off the table as an option after today?