Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'd already built an igloo out of bean tins.

WensleyMU

Because the WA proposed was fecking awful, how is this complicated for you to grasp?
Oh I agree, there's nothing for me to grasp.

However it was the only option put forward. Nobody is offering an alternative outside of No deal and a tiny minority suggesting revoke. Both radical options to put it politely.

WensleyMU

What's with all the leaks? At this point it has to be Boris Johnson who's leaking everything?

And why are world leaders using WhatsApp. Wasn't there a major breach due to WhatsApp only the other year?

Smores

What's with all the leaks? At this point it has to be Boris Johnson who's leaking everything?

And why are world leaders using WhatsApp. Wasn't there a major breach due to WhatsApp only the other year?
That's no leak, all those messages play to their base as if perfectly orchestrated. Cummings probably released it to the media.

From previous whatsapp leaks they'd be much worse.

WensleyMU

From what I have heard, WhatsApp encryption is very good and difficult to hack.
It's possible since the previous leak, it has added further encryption to secure people's conversations.

Or the security flaw comes from people leaking, which there is no practical way to prevent

WensleyMU

That's no leak, all those messages play to their base as if perfectly orchestrated. Cummings probably released it to the media.

From previous whatsapp leaks they'd be much worse.
Yeh, this has to be intentional.

As a leave voter and Tory voter (yes, I know but to be fair Labour and the lib Dems destroyed where I was brought up and the Tory MP we now have has transformed it from a dead town into something more, almost cosmopolitan) this sort of stuff doesn't impress me, it makes me shale my head and think what on earth are they playing at.

Sure it might entice the UKIP clowns, bu that's at best a few million. Not enough to win an election and to spread out nationally to really matter.

I can only imagine controversy is the aim, because frankly, it sells.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeh, this has to be intentional.

As a leave voter and Tory voter (yes, I know but to be fair Labour and the lib Dems destroyed where I was brought up and the Tory MP we now have has transformed it from a dead town into something more, almost cosmopolitan) this sort of stuff doesn't impress me, it makes me shale my head and think what on earth are they playing at.

Sure it might entice the UKIP clowns, bu that's at best a few million. Not enough to win an election and to spread out nationally to really matter.

I can only imagine controversy is the aim, because frankly, it sells.
Where were you brought up?

WensleyMU

I wondered this whilst also being fascinated that an MP has somehow transformed a town.
The previous Lib Dem MP basically gave up, the town was over run by charity shops and most people had moved away.

Now, while I appreciate those used to the big city would be less impressed, there's a decent night life, a lot of new independent businesses that are unique for the area and have lasted a number of years.

Compare it with the run down sh*tholes of Burnley and Blackburn and it's a whole nother world.

I would compare with Skipton now. Which is a long way from what it was.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The previous Lib Dem MP basically gave up, the town was over run by charity shops and most people had moved away.

Now, while I appreciate those used to the big city would be less impressed, there's a decent night life, a lot of new independent businesses that are unique for the area and have lasted a number of years.

Compare it with the run down sh*tholes of Burnley and Blackburn and it's a whole nother world.

I went to Skipton a couple of weeks ago. Charity shops everywhere

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

How's your MP done this, though?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I can’t believe they all have ‘MP’ after their names in their WhatsApp group
Pointless reply but that’s just whoever’s WhatsApp it is has saved each name as. They havnt put mp after their own name.

Smores

My guess is them trying to create a controversy story to fill the news that is actually just stuff the leavers agree with. It's very on message to paint all stories as false controversy by remoaners.

If that is a genuine chat they're doing the equivalent of 'top reds' in who is the best party line Tory. Plausible i guess

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Oh come on, I know that you know. I just needed to spell it out.
My cornershop now opens til 8pm, when it used to close at 5 and I thank Caroline Lucas for this every day.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Oh I agree, there's nothing for me to grasp.

However it was the only option put forward. Nobody is offering an alternative outside of No deal and a tiny minority suggesting revoke. Both radical options to put it politely.
So if someone owed you 100 quid and he told you he was only going to pay you back a fiver and that was the only option would you take it because it's the only option or tell them to feck off and give you what's fair?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
:lol: You read my mind.

I can’t see any East Lancs constituencies with a Tory incumbent that was historically Lib Dem or Labour?
Pendle, probably somewhere near Nelson. If he's a Tory that's seen 'rejuvination' in the 2010's then Barrowford or Fence - something like that. It's where you go if you can escape Burnley, like to sneer at it - but still rely on it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The first post in the comments section from that article on buzzfeed:

When MPs complain about losing the whip and possibly their seats, they need to remember that through their selfishness and greed, 17.4million people lost their votes.

The people lost almost 50yrs. 50yrs without a say. Without a vote. Entire lives spent in the EEC/EU without a vote and against their will. Nobody ever said times have changed. Nobody ever said they didn’t know what they were voting for. Nobody ever said this is a constitutional outrage.

And they didn’t just leave it at the 1973 going in result, they pushed more and more. Decade after decade, treaty after treaty. Against our will, in our names, without our say. Not one solitary vote.

We get our single vote, after a lifetime. We see the banks, the governments, the foreign leaders, the universities, the unions, the businesses, the corporations and talking heads, the newspapers, the media, the newsreaders, the journalists and the celebrities, all lined up against us.

We have nothing but a single vote. They have power, almost unrestrained, definitely immoral absolute ruthless power. They use our taxes to lie. They take our money. They tell us we are stupid, ignorant and racist. They promise hellfire and damnation.

The 17.4m trudge forward through sneers and insults. We are nobodies, lower than serfs, but we have a vote.

Another 3 years. The basic agreement on which all democracy rests is ignored. The simple obvious principle that winning votes are enacted. We hear ten thousand lies, the whisper of angry serpents. More hellfire and damnation. Endless plots and schemes. They will give us something that wasn’t promised. They will give is a substitute, a fake, a turd rolled in glitter.

We don’t want it. We just want the thing we voted for. We just want the thing we won. They give new meanings to the words that matter. Democracy, sovereignty, freedom. All become their opposite. A coup, they say. Trying to enact this vote is a coup.

This is the final insult. All language is corrupted, all meaning there to be abused, twisted, rendered in false mockery of its agreed and traditional self.

Anything to deny 17.4 million their vote, anything to silence us, anything to return power to the powerful. We are more than a star in someone else’s flag.

Last edited:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
A banker, a builder and a benefit beneficiary all stand around a table with 12 biscuits on it. The banker takes 11 of the biscuits and turns to the builder and says "jet fuel can't melt steel beams". Then the builder votes Tory and ends up eating boiled rat stew for the rest of his life, furiously wanking into a sock and muttering "fecking EU bastards" under his breath.
:lol:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Article 50 has a time limit. Subject to EI approval and UK acceptance of any extension, there comes a point where it simply becomes a case of us no longer being in the EU.

Word this morning was that France are to veto the extension.

The other options you mention have not been put forward nor do they have anything close to the support required. Revoking A50 has the support of about 100 MPs, it's a fringe option at best. The same with a second referendum.
All are still possible and given the way things keep rapidly evolving nobody can totally rule anything in or out for sure.