Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smores

It's still an option right now then isn't it
Perhaps if Corbyn committed labour to it like starmer McDonell thornberry Watson and many other senior MPs have said we might achieve it
But no instead the labour party is changing rules on antesemitism without consulting the only affiliated Jewish membership group and having a debate about transfering more power to people currently under investigation for being antesemitic and scheduling that debate on a Saturday so practicing Jews can't even engage in the debate... As well as purging groups and people they identify as centrist.
Clearly they don't see brexit as relavent in the grand scheme of priorities which seem to be purging Jews and Blairites ... ooooh Jeremy Corbyn indeed
Someones feeling difficult today. Nice rant but it doesn't answer what you want to happen if leave win a second referendum. You know that's a possibility right?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Someones feeling difficult today. Nice rant but it doesn't answer what you want to happen if leave win a second referendum. You know that's a possibility right?
If leave win then implement whichever version of leave was voted on (no deal, Mays deal or the unicorn deal)... Provided the EU have agreed to unicorns
Whats your thoughts on the Latest antesemitism debacle at conference

Smores

If leave win then implement whichever version of leave was voted on (no deal, Mays deal or the unicorn deal)... Provided the EU have agreed to unicorns
Whats your thoughts on the Latest antesemitism debacle at conference
To decide which is voted on needs a Labour decision though hence why I'm bemused by those who don't want Labour to negotiate or even discuss negotiations because they just want remain.

Wrong thread but as i understand it the changes are welcome as it'll quicken up the process for more clear cut cases which is one of the biggest complaints. It's not just an antisemitism issue as it applies to all disciplinary.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Boris Johnson urged to justify 'awarding public funds to close friend'
PM allegedly gave money and access to trade missions to US entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri while mayor
The report also suggests that Arcuri was initially refused permission to attend two of the trade mission trips because her business did not meet the eligibility criteria. But after the intervention of Johnson she was allowed on to the missions, according to an email seen by the paper.

It points out that Johnson was bound by a Greater London Authority code of conduct to declare any private interests. He was also banned from providing undue benefits to friends.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
So, yer man Jo Maugham managed to stop the Mail On Sunday from publishing his address... so that Julia Hartley-Brewer one shared a 6 year old article with his address in it to all her followers on Twitter instead.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
This is shocking. Surely she has to be sacked for this.
I dunno... Just from a legal point of view what would you be sacking her for?

Tweeting a link to information already in the public domain ... Wouldn't fancy being on the companies side in an employment tribunal

Obvs what she did is pretty horrible but legally speaking I think you might be on shakey ground to sack her for it? (Though given the nature of her employment and her Twitter profile having a company logo in it you might have more grounds and of course depending on any specific clauses in her contract)

Fluctuation0161

So, yer man Jo Maugham managed to stop the Mail On Sunday from publishing his address... so that Julia Hartley-Brewer one shared a 6 year old article with his address in it to all her followers on Twitter instead.

That really is disgraceful behaviour. Whether you want leave or remain. Is this what politics and media have come to in the UK? Setting the dogs on people at their home address.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I dunno... Just from a legal point of view what would you be sacking her for?

Tweeting a link to information already in the public domain ... Wouldn't fancy being on the companies side in an employment tribunal

Obvs what she did is pretty horrible but legally speaking I think you might be on shakey ground to sack her for it? (Though given the nature of her employment and her Twitter profile having a company logo in it you might have more grounds and of course depending on any specific clauses in her contract)
It’s a media contract, it’ll have some pretty generous termination clauses about upholding the companies image etc I’d imagine.

Smores

It’s a media contract, it’ll have some pretty generous termination clauses about upholding the companies image etc I’d imagine.
This. Most companies can sack you fairly easily for bringing the company into disrepute, I'd think this would qualify unless she got some kind of sign-off from them.

Horrible woman.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That really is disgraceful behaviour. Whether you want leave or remain. Is this what politics and media have come to in the UK? Setting the dogs on people at their home address.
It won't matter as long as charges aren't pressed or she loses her job. I hoped that after Jo Cox people might be a little more wary about these sort of things but apparently some people are still morons.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It won't matter as long as charges aren't pressed or she loses her job. I hoped that after Jo Cox people might be a little more wary about these sort of things but apparently some people are still morons.
Sadly I'd say the odds of an MP being attacked during the next ge campaign over brexit are very high ... And not a simple egging John prescot style or a milkshake but sadly something more like jo cox

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Sadly I'd say the odds of an MP being attacked during the next ge campaign over brexit are very high ... And not a simple egging John prescot style or a milkshake but sadly something more like jo cox
I'm worried about that too. The world is filled with lunatics and stunts/doxxing like this just incites them.

NinjaFletch

Hey, do you remember that time the right wing press lost their shit because Bercow, errr, didn't say the name of the school Gove's kids went to?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, but Pige, he BOUGHT THE KIDS INTO IT. And that's beyond the pale, you'd never see the right wing press stoop so low.
Come on mate we can do better than that and you know it. I mean, the press are ALWAYS revealing that Boris lives in Downing Street but you don't hear him WHINING about it on Twitter.

NinjaFletch

Come on mate we can do better than that and you know it. I mean, the press are ALWAYS revealing that Boris lives in Downing Street but you don't hear him WHINING about it on Twitter.
Tbh, I'm not sure if you're missing my sarcasm here or I'm missing yours and now this conversation is hurting my head.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Tbh, I'm not sure if you're missing my sarcasm here or I'm missing yours and now this conversation is hurting my head.
There's only one way to find out, please complete the following sentence;

I think of the right wing press in the same way that I look at my shit on the toilet paper and say "wow, this reminds me that the right wing press are filled with..."

NinjaFletch

There's only one way to find out, please complete the following sentence;

I think of the right wing press in the same way that I look at my shit on the toilet paper and say "wow, this reminds me that the right wing press are filled with..."
'...hypocritical arseholes who are a walking endorsement for the need for greater press regulation'

Admittedly I have a weird diet.

Fingeredmouse

This. Most companies can sack you fairly easily for bringing the company into disrepute, I'd think this would qualify unless she got some kind of sign-off from them.

Horrible woman.
I'm not sure the Mail really has the same concept of what constitutes disrepute as you or I given their track record.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Anyone one watched the documentary on Channel 4 Tories at War by Patrick Forbes? It was filmed over a period of 9 months.
Lots of pot callings, flip-flopping and the contempt they have for each other is extraordinaire. Nobody comes out well from the documentary.
The general takeaway is the folks backing Boris/ERG are the hedge funders like Crispin Odey who just 'want to win.' Its a feckin' game to them.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyone one watched the documentary on Channel 4 Tories at War by Patrick Forbes? It was filmed over a period of 9 months.
Lots of pot callings, flip-flopping and the contempt they have for each other is extraordinaire. Nobody comes out well from the documentary.
The general takeaway is the folks backing Boris/ERG are the hedge funders like Crispin Odey who just 'want to win.' Its a feckin' game to them.
Yeah watched and exactly what you said really. The overwhelming sense that you get from it all is that it really is great fun for all involved. Impact on people's lives not even an afterthought.

sglowrider

Yeah watched and exactly what you said really. The overwhelming sense that you get from it all is that it really is great fun for all involved. Impact on people's lives not even an afterthought.
You can see why Labour and the Far-Right will radicalise going forward.

We have had some relative calmness/optimism since the early 90s with the coming down of the Berlin wall. But now we are heading into a darker, more turbulent period.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
You can see why Labour and the Far-Right will radicalise going forward.

We have had some relative calmness/optimism since the early 90s with the coming down of the Berlin wall. But now we are heading into a darker, more turbulent period.
Also interesting if entirely predictable that Crispin Odey(ous) confirmed that it was their plan to trick Corbyn into an election for mid October and then move the date till early November so we'd go past the deadline. He thought it was an absolute hoot as well the cnut.

sglowrider

Also interesting if entirely predictable that Crispin Odey(ous) confirmed that it was their plan to trick Corbyn into an election for mid October and then move the date till early November so we'd go past the deadline. He thought it was an absolute hoot as well the cnut.
They lost their humanity somewhere along the way. You should read up about Crispin and his dad. May explain a few things.