Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I think we pretty much do know, the Tories still wouldn't have backed it so there still wouldn't have been a true majority for it (ie one that could pass a meaningful vote). The indicative votes were, in hindsight, a kind of nice summer holiday away from grim reality.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Exactly the arguments I've had with loads around my area to.

They are convinced that immigration will fall drastically and they'll be able to get rid of the Asians around the area.

They openly say this to me, despite the fact my grandparents would have been subjected to the same racist shite they are spouting. If ever I need to realise how the country got into this mess, 5 minutes back in my hometown informs me well enough.
Tis what they believe...

"You see that Bernie. That's what you voted for, that is" (old MWExp joke)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
To be fair, isn't there a good chance immigration will fall drastically once your economy completely tanks? Maybe that's their master-plan...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Tis what they believe...

"You see that Bernie. That's what you voted for, that is" (old MWExp joke)
I like how he tells her that she must live under his customs yet he can't even fecking type using autocorrect in English properly.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I like how he tells her that she must live under his customs yet he can't even fecking type using autocorrect in English properly.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure that it's the facebook equivalent to a youtube comment. A 14 years old entertaining himself by being offensive.

nimic

something nice
Scout
To be fair, I'm pretty sure that it's the facebook equivalent to a youtube comment. A 14 years old entertaining himself by being offensive.
It's far more likely that he is >50 than <18. And if the past last few years has shown us anything, it's that it's generally not as benign as someone just being offensive to be edgy.

JPRouve

Scout
It's far more likely that he is >50 than <18. And if the past last few years has shown us anything, it's that it's generally not as benign as someone just being offensive to be edgy.
You know what I don't think that that person is old, thinking about it I had a 4chan vibe and after having a look, this person is on Gab, is a flat earther and is pretty much on the wrong side of every opinion. It's a either a troll or one of those demented young "alt right" lads, I think that we have all met them at some point.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Dunno mate, people seem emboldened now. I had someone call me a Paki on Saturday night, in London City.

I've lived in Basingstoke and Devon and have experienced it there, but not here in London for years. And this guy was a manager out with his staff for a Xmas do, and was at least 40.

JPRouve

Scout
Dunno mate, people seem emboldened now. I had someone call me a Paki on Saturday night, in London City.

I've lived in Basingstoke and Devon and have experienced it there, but not here in London for years. And this guy was a manager out with his staff for a Xmas do, and was at least 40.
I know but that's not why I had my doubts. It's the list of grievances, this isn't a list from someone "normal". But I was wrong anyway because it was the other option that I didn't mention which is your far-right 4chan, Gab and other "alternative" platforms member.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s absolutely fine if the UK ends up like Greece as long as we LEAVE

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Handing the UK over to the Tories for five years because we need to Get Brexit Done is like playing Russian Roulette with a six shot revolver loaded with seven bullets, and instead of saying "hang on a second, maybe this will actually kill me" we just say "feck it, can't turn back now just hurry up and get on with it"

And then, this is the best bit; Boris sends your kids the bill for the bullet you've shot yourself with.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Handing the UK over to the Tories for five years because we need to Get Brexit Done is like playing Russian Roulette with a six shot revolver loaded with seven bullets, and instead of saying "hang on a second, maybe this will actually kill me" we just say "feck it, can't turn back now just hurry up and get on with it"

And then, this is the best bit; Boris sends your kids the bill for the bullet you've shot yourself with.
More like doing keyhole surgery with a machete.

Yes it will get the job done, but it'll probably be worse than it was before.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

You are more optomistic than I am.

The only upside personally is that it has put the final nail in the coffin of the idea of returning to the UK to retire. Probably wasn't ever going to happen but I don't really recognise the place any more. Which is really sad.

Smores

This is starting to get very Orwellian. Parliament completely blocked out of decisions on brexit and now they're basically saying it'll all be secret too.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

This is starting to get very Orwellian. Parliament completely blocked out of decisions on brexit and now they're basically saying it'll all be secret too.
But the thing is, they're not wrong. Leavers actually don't want to know any of the details, they just want it done, hence all the "leave means leave" bullshit.

Smores

But the thing is, they're not wrong. Leavers actually don't want to know any of the details, they just want it done, hence all the "leave means leave" bullshit.
True, we're run by a populist leader. Remainers aren't the disenfranchised so they don't count in the governments considerations.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The Brexit Bill's been passed with a big majority, 358 to 234.
Yay. Now Brexit can Get Done and we can start preparing for the food rationing. It's a good thing that we won't have any rights or food standards because it'll make it easier to explain to the kids why there's sawdust in their soup.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yay. Now Brexit can Get Done and we can start preparing for the food rationing. It's a good thing that we won't have any rights or food standards because it'll make it easier to explain to the kids why there's sawdust in their soup.
:lol:

It'll be BRITISH sawdust though, Your Majesty!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Feck it at this point.

Not much that can be done, bring on Mad Max Britain and the fighting pits.

At least we won't have to hear about it every five seconds in the news, hopefully. Sick to the back teeth of hearing the word Brexit.

stepic

what's the Tories end goal here? what does it want to turn the UK into post Brexit? all i see is Brexit losing the UK money (house prices tumbling, big business leaving), so i don't get how that fits the bill for a Conservative party generally.

MadMike

Difficult to motivate myself to post here since the election. Everything that's happening now was entirely predictable given the result.

what's the Tories end goal here? what does it want to turn the UK into post Brexit? all i see is Brexit losing the UK money (house prices tumbling, big business leaving), so i don't get how that fits the bill for a Conservative party generally.
None of these are for sure though are they? I mean house prices have been dipping recently, due to people not buying because of the uncertainty. But with demand outstripping supply and the housing shortage only increasing, the prices will surely follow sooner rather than later unless an issue of mortgage availability arises. And Tories controlling immigration doesn't mean they'll reduce it, given how thirsty business is for workers at the moment with the unemployment figures in their lowest since 1975. They've dropped the targets of lowering immigration from their manifesto under BoJo. Their issue now is "controlling it" with points based visa system etc.

As for businesses, it all depends on a number of variables not yet fixed. Like what deal will be struck with the EU. Or what kind of regulatory framework the UK will be under in the next few years. What will happen to corporation tax. Etc. Etc. If BoJo signs a deal with the EU, delivers the deregulation certain sectors crave for, simplifies the visa system to ease workforce constraints placed by Brexit and cuts corproration tax.. then business could well flourish.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Difficult to motivate myself to post here since the election. Everything that's happening now was entirely predictable given the result.

None of these are for sure though are they? I mean house prices have been dipping recently, due to people not buying because of the uncertainty. But with demand outstripping supply and the housing shortage only increasing, the prices will surely follow sooner rather than later unless an issue of mortgage availability arises. And Tories controlling immigration doesn't mean they'll reduce it, given how thirsty business is for workers at the moment with the unemployment figures in their lowest since 1975. They've dropped the targets of lowering immigration from their manifesto under BoJo. Their issue now is "controlling it" with points based visa system etc.

As for businesses, it all depends on a number of variables not yet fixed. Like what deal will be struck with the EU. Or what kind of regulatory framework the UK will be under in the next few years. What will happen to corporation tax. Etc. Etc. If BoJo signs a deal with the EU, delivers the deregulation certain sectors crave for, simplifies the visa system to ease workforce constraints placed by Brexit and cuts corproration tax.. then business could well flourish.
I think the middle to higher-end of the housing market will stall, not cheap property as first-time buyer properties will always sell. Job security will be a concern for a lot of people, and unless you have to sell because of one of the three Ds (death, divorce or debt), families will surely be more likely to wait and see.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

I guess if you live in London the best case is that little changes in reality, maybe prices go up 10%, looking at it selfishly.
Potentially a bit of a shitter that I plan to become self-employed in Jan/Feb. Timing stinks.