Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@Frosty is it true that the there were discussions about improving and increasing Dover-Calais capabilities that was rejected by the british government?

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
@Frosty is it true that the there were discussions about improving and increasing Dover-Calais capabilities that was rejected by the british government?
Yeah loads of solutions were proposed by the EU and individual member states for all sorts of issues, but those famous red lines basically meant the UK Government did not agree on any of them.

FireballXL5

In which year will they admit that they made a horrendous mistake?
I think in 2028 or 2029 they'll finally give up trying to polish the turd.
They'll never admit to a mistake. They always blame others. It'll be the EU bullies, the French, the Irish, woke snowflakes. It's never them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What are the rules like for entering the UK? Do you have to prove you'll wank off to the queen 85 times a day?
This seems like an unlikely policy. She rides horses, her fanny is going to be as desensitised as leather. You’d be lucky to finish her off once let alone the other 84 times.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
What are the rules like for entering the UK? Do you have to prove you'll wank off to the queen 85 times a day?
For visitor visas:

When making an application for a visa to visit the UK, an applicant must meet several key requirements that are contained in Appendix V of the Immigration Rules (HC395, as amended). These include satisfying the Home Office that they are a ‘genuine visitor’ and that they intend to leave the UK at their end of their visit – we looked at those provisions here.

Under Appendix V, the applicant must also satisfy the Home Office that they have ‘sufficient funds’ in relation to:

‘Reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment’.
Cannot find anything for tourist visas.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ists-able-prove-spend-85-day-enter-Spain.html

British tourists' fury as they discover they must be able to prove they can spend £85 a day to enter Spain due to Brexit
Thats standard for spain for any country outside EU and no specific special agreement agreement. Brazil has a reciprocity policy and i had to prove it for them too because Spain asked that to the brazilians

So nothing special. I imagine tgan with time some agreements willbe reached

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Thats standard for spain for any country outside EU and no specific special agreement agreement. Brazil has a reciprocity policy and i had to prove it for them too because Spain asked that to the brazilians

So nothing special. I imagine tgan with time some agreements willbe reached
It's standard with most countries but didn't apply to UK travellers inside the EU before Brexit. France have similar rules but don't apply them too strictly. If the UK keep trying to blame everyone else, the EU will start applying the regulations to the letter. Becoming a third country was what the UK voted for. They don't seem to like what they voted for.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's standard with most countries but didn't apply to UK travellers inside the EU before Brexit. France have similar rules but don't apply them too strictly. If the UK keep trying to blame everyone else, the EU will start applying the regulations to the letter. Becoming a third country was what the UK voted for. They don't seem to like what they voted for.
Yes that was my point. Nothing special. Spain is not treating worse or better the UK compared to other countries outside the EU. If so, i would say better

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/30/uk-businesses-china-cbi-tony-danker-supply-chains

CBI chief saying that businesses are decoupling from China. This quote interested me:

Danker said the UK would need to find new trade partners and rekindle old ones – such as the EU – if the west cuts ties with China, and that if Britain failed to do that, corporate supply chains would be “more expensive and thus inflationary” and its trade strategy would be redefined.

“If the political experts and security experts are right, we are all going to need to be good friends again,” he said

So, forgive and forget then guys?

Paul the Wolf

Brexit was never about what was good for the UK people. That was never possible.

It was only about power and they knew how to exploit the electorate.

They've still got them flag waving and convincing them all the problems are everyone else's fault. Until the British electorate admit they c*cked up it will continue ad infinitum.

TheGame

Brexit was never about what was good for the UK people. That was never possible.

It was only about power and they knew how to exploit the electorate.

They've still got them flag waving and convincing them all the problems are everyone else's fault. Until the British electorate admit they c*cked up it will continue ad infinitum.
Therein lies the problem, these feckers will never admit that.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
So Rees-Mogg admits Brexit is causing delays...but only cos the French aren't treating us as if we were still in the EU, like he thinks they should. Freedom of movement for little Englanders going on holiday, but not for anyone trying to get into Britain. Most people will probably agree with him too, blaming the French.

Jacob Rees-Mogg: I was wrong to say Brexit would not cause Dover delays

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ng-to-say-brexit-would-not-cause-dover-delays

Jericholyte2

So Rees-Mogg admits Brexit is causing delays...but only cos the French aren't treating us as if we were still in the EU, like he thinks they should. Freedom of movement for little Englanders going on holiday, but not for anyone trying to get into Britain. Most people will probably agree with him too, blaming the French.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ng-to-say-brexit-would-not-cause-dover-delays
So much for taking back control if 6 French border workers can derail everything!

Also shot himself in the foot saying Portugal has easier border controls by confirming that EU members had flexibility with their borders.

WPMUFC

Their entire argument for Brexit was and still is "we can leave and absolutely nothing will change because they need us". It bonkers then, it's bonkers now. They are still saying all the delays could be solved, if the EU just treated us like a member state.....LUNATICS :lol: :houllier:

And fecking mouth breathers will still vote for this :houllier:

Paul the Wolf

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
JRM - Minister blames France for recent problems and suggests Britons might go to Portugal instead

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/06/britons-portugal-post-brexit-id-cards

Almost 35,000 Britons in limbo as Portugal fails to issue post-Brexit ID cards
British nationals living in country are unable to access healthcare, change jobs or travel in and out

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me.
JRM is so full of his own importance, most of what he spouts is total rubbish.
Despise the man and everything he stands for.
Entitled Tory toff who thinks he is soooo clever.
Just another overgrown schoolboy and completely out of touch with reality.

Jericholyte2

So how long do we think it’ll be before people (politicians) actually start talking about what an almighty clusterfeck this has been, and start mentioning returning?

My sweepstakes bet is 20yrs.

MoskvaRed

So how long do we think it’ll be before people (politicians) actually start talking about what an almighty clusterfeck this has been, and start mentioning returning?

My sweepstakes bet is 20yrs.
It certainly won’t be under Truss or Starmer. Truss is understandable given her cynicism and the Tory base but I don’t get why the leader of the opposition won’t even entertain discussion about probably the biggest self-infllicted error in British history for fear of offending some morons in the Midlands and the North.

Jericholyte2

It certainly won’t be under Truss or Starmer. Truss is understandable given her cynicism and the Tory base but I don’t get why the leader of the opposition won’t even entertain discussion about probably the biggest self-infllicted error in British history for fear of offending some morons in the Midlands and the North.
Starmer’s MO is all about getting things done, at present that means getting in to power. If he leans even slightly in to the Rejoiner movement, or anything related to going back to the single market or customs union, Truss, the Tories and the RW media outlets will weaponise it and Truss will win the GE.

The lies of Vote Leave, the ERG and Boris have completely hamstrung him to trying to make someone else’s lie work, so all he can do is say ”Make Brexit Work”.

The problem is that it can’t, so Starmer will end up as a failure in the eyes of red wall voters and we’ll be back to the Tories.

MoskvaRed

Starmer’s MO is all about getting things done, at present that means getting in to power. If he leans even slightly in to the Rejoiner movement, or anything related to going back to the single market or customs union, Truss, the Tories and the RW media outlets will weaponise it and Truss will win the GE.

The lies of Vote Leave, the ERG and Boris have completely hamstrung him to trying to make someone else’s lie work, so all he can do is say ”Make Brexit Work”.

The problem is that it can’t, so Starmer will end up as a failure in the eyes of red wall voters and we’ll be back to the Tories.
Sure, I understand the strategy but I would prefer leadership at a time of crisis. I’m not even sure it works - I wouldn’t vote Labour while the leader is spouting “make Brexit work” slogans and I doubt I’m alone in that view.

Jericholyte2

Sure, I understand the strategy but I would prefer leadership at a time of crisis. I’m not even sure it works - I wouldn’t vote Labour while the leader is spouting “make Brexit work” slogans and I doubt I’m alone in that view.
I completely get that too, and I think it’s a massive oversight on his part. He’s doing this on the assumption that classic Labour voters will be ‘locked in’ especially after the last 12yrs, so he’s specifically targeting a combo of red wall voters who were duped into voting Brexit (cause you’re not going to vote for someone who’ll call you an idiot who got conned) and right leaning centrists who could sway Labour’s way given Boris’s appalling stint.

His gamble is that he’ll gain more votes that he’ll lose, I’m not so sure on that though. There are far more options for left leaving voters than for right leaning voters as more people could go Green without being embarrassed, rather than on the right where if you go further right, you start showing who you really are to people.

Jippy

Staff
And most of the SE outside of London, East Anglia, SW and Wales. Wasn't all on the north and midlands.

MoskvaRed

And most of the SE outside of London, East Anglia, SW and Wales. Wasn't all on the north and midlands.
True (and it’s an under-reported aspect of the Brexit vote) but a lot of Southern England outside London and Bristol would vote for a donkey with a blue rosette. it’s the fear of not regaining former Labour strongholds in the Midlands, North (and Wales maybe) that is causing an obviously intelligent man to deny 2+2=4.

Jippy

Staff
This piece simultaneously sneers at the 'liberal elite US establishment' hating Brexit, but cheers at the 'wealthy elites' and 'executives' apparently upping sticks and leaving California to come to Britain in droves. First example...Nick Clegg.

The 'global elite' is either very confused or just maybe not the hivemind that the right wing press likes to pretend when deriding those who disagree with it.

Brexit Britain is attracting American entrepreneurs, and the world’s elites can’t stand it
America’s liberal establishment loves to bash Brexit. The New York Times ran a nasty hit piece last week titled “The Fantasy of Brexit Britain is Over”, suggesting it was the departure from the EU that left the UK as “economically stagnant, socially fragmented and politically adrift”.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...racting-american-entrepreneurs-worlds-elites/

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The Americans saw this for the catastrophe it was always going to be back in 2018.