Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Brexit. The most stupid socio-economic/political experiment - utter self-infliction. Only way to begin the process of undoing the damage is to rejoin the EU.

Feck the "will of the people" bullshite - people are stupid. This should have been left to MPs, and it would never have happened.

I work with loads of overseas companies looking to come into the UK, and they're now just focusing attention elsewhere. Not worth the hassle.
Are you sure about that?

Jericholyte2

Not to get too far ahead of myself, but looks like the Rishi bounce back was a bit of a damp squib.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Feck no. You might as well abolish MPs and just have referendums. See how that works out.
I was being facetious, that is why I deleted the post, but you caught me. But at the beginning, the MP were not thinking on it, but after the referendum, they positioned being pro brexit to grift with the votes. And funnily enough, they became a representation of their brexiteer electorate, so it is that the MP are a representation of the electorate in the end. And if people starts to realize the shitshow that they are into it, they will change accordingly with their demands

Fluctuation0161

Good piece in today's Guardian by Jonathan Freedland. Re-joining the EU isn't some remainer airy-fairy pipe dream, it's a fecking economic necessity.

The reality of Brexit is biting hard. Poor people are suffering most – and now everyone can see it

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/dec/02/brexit-poor-people-paying-eat-debate-human
I'm afraid it is too late for that. Regardless i don't see the political or public appetite being strong enough. Actually, I don't see the UK media owners having an appetite for it so neither will the easily manipulated public opinion.

Re joining would be on worse terms than we had and would not cause business to immediately relocate to the UK. The damage has been done.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

AlPistacho

Britain lagging behind every major economy, except Mexico, for economic growth potential.

I have no idea what could have caused this.

AlPistacho

If you’re not eating shop bought sarnies you’re not levelling up the economy
Don’t forget, next in line will be those smart arses coseying around the house in big wooly jumpers, and sitting on the sofa watching TV under a duvet instead of putting the heating on most of the day.

They’re having their cake and eating it, not putting anything into any coffers.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-food-prices-says-bank-of-england-policymaker

Among all voters, a total of 59% want to rejoin the EU (34%) or have a closer relationship while remaining outside the bloc (25%). Only 15% want the status quo and 14% want even less to do with the EU. About 63% believe the UK should have a relationship which would allow it to regain access the EU single market, against 14% who oppose the idea.

In a sign that people increasingly dislike the reality of border controls, 57% support removing all document and identity checks (such as passport controls and documents for exports and imports) while 21% do not.

Above depresses me.
So many UK Journalists, politicians and voters still do not understand what has been voted for.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
UK was the Nr 5 trading partner for Germany for a long time. As of 2022 it will not feature even in Germany's top ten of most important trading partners.

WPMUFC

you knew the con/scam was up when the treasury floated the "Swiss option" and the ERG/Farage came out, especially farage, and said they'd "come back into politics and destroy the conservatives electorally". They don't want any kind of trade improvement with the EU. They want to sit there, short the economy, and then claim if "labour-aligned globalists remoaners just got out the way, we would be booming". They are going to sit in their armchairs for the next 1-2 decades, exploit all this for personal gain and do NOTHING. It will be 2035 and you'll still see them talking about "remoaners".

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yes Brexit has worsened the UK in so many ways, project fear was right

But this is just Project Terror, the sequel.
Not really sure what else can be said apart from the fact that voting to leave the world biggest trading group was always going to end badly.
And now we are all having to pay for that decision at almost every level.
Our economy is at the heart of everything including the need for immigration.
The UK has successfully shot itself in both feet.

crossy1686

career ending
Brexit coupled with years of Tory government and austerity was always going to be a total kick in the bollocks for anyone that wasn't well off to begin with. The sad part is it's not like no one saw it coming, but then again if your primary focus is to punish others because you're miserable then you probably couldn't see past 'getting one over Europe'.

The only thing we can hope for is a change of government and industry/better support comes back to the UK, otherwise this will only get worse. At some point the UK will come crawling back to Europe anyway, most likely within the next 30 years.

Paul the Wolf

tombombadil

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am going to call-out Labour here. WTF is going on with them? You can tell the electorate wants to speak about this issue but our two parties pretend like nothing is happening.

Paul the Wolf

Mogg has not the slightest idea how trade works - he is so clueless but get's to speak utter nonsense on national TV to convince the morons who voted for this shambles.

Another remark I heard him say which nobody caught on to. Regarding the £350million on the bus. Firstly there never was £350m it was £8bn net per year.

Mogg says "we've only just got that money" - Liar again - The Uk are currently paying €10 billion per year to the EU, whilst being outside of the EU with no benefits which is almost the same amount as when they were in it.

Just a continuous stream of lies which will continue until the idiots who voted for this finally wake up and realise they've been conned and also admit to it.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Brexit. Labour are not offering any solution.
Why would they?

Easiest thing for them is to let the Tories implode while they neither commit to staying outside of the EU (and anger people who want to rejoin) or commit to rejoining (and anger Brexiteers).

Paul the Wolf

I saw this comment on the Guardian, didn't see the programme.:

The Labour rep was just as ingenuous. She thought
Brexit could "work" if we had a veterinary agreement with the EU (still won't avoid customs
costs) and a banking agreement (will never happen for UK banks when the UK is not in the
Single Market.)

I've heard this comment before from Starmer. If true,Starmer is still as clueless as he has been since 2016.

All hope abandon ye who enter here

Paul the Wolf

Why would they?

Easiest thing for them is to let the Tories implode while they neither commit to staying outside of the EU (and anger people who want to rejoin) or commit to rejoining (and anger Brexiteers).
Starmer has committed to not rejoining the Single Market , the Customs Union and the EU. He's going to make Brexit work with vets. Unbelievable.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Starmer has committed to not rejoining the Single Market , the Customs Union and the EU. He's going to make Brexit work with vets. Unbelievable.
Were I in his position I would be saying exactly that same thing.
Because to say otherwise would be like giving the Tories a perfect Christmas present.
Every time he tried to say anything about any policy, they would immediately shove that back in his face. And he could never do anything without them saying 'There you go. He wants to overturn the Brexit referendum just like we always said he would'