Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I voted remain, still would and still think brexit was a fecking stupid idea, but trying to look for a silver lining, I thought to myself ok, well at least if we are getting rid of all the EU legislation they might scrap this stupid drivers CPC idea ( Basically despite actually having the relevant licence to drive trucks/busses you need to do 35 hours of training and 4 tests and fork out 500 notes to be able to work) But noooooo, turns out they LIKE that one, so I have to pay some gimp who has never done the job to tell me how to do the job in the industry I grew up in and lived and breathed for 20 odd years. YAAAAAY BREXIT

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I have a friend in liverpool who had a collectibles store and he closed this week after 15 years. Most of his sales were online to the eu and because of the extra custom charges, his costumers changed to german and french stores. If you tell him about brexit opportunities I think he would punch you in the mouth.
Surely shoplifters were as big an issue as brexit.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

i'm going with troll account.
Yeah, because of this interactions it seems like. But If you enter in his account and dig a little bit, I would not discard at all that it might be real

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Must be a troll, wumming brexiteers.
But why? Lots of people do think like this unfortunately and I don't think he's saying anything particularly controversial within brexit circles. The people he's arguing with are mostly remainers.

It's so ridiculous it seems like parody but then again, my first realisation that the referendum result was potentially not going how I thought it would was a bunch of nurses telling me that they were voting brexit but were sad as it meant we wouldn't be able to participate in the euros anymore....

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
This really annoys me a hell of a lot these ignorant self centered people who think that the world revolves around them, having lived in Germany for over 30 years after Brexit I registered got my residency permit and have never had problems.
People like you wouldn't have problems because you abided by the rules and registered with the local authorties.

This guy's expat illegal immigrant friend probably never registered with the Spanish authorities because they don't think Brexit applies to them. There are plenty here in France. You can spot them in their UK registered cars, which have been here for years. The cars are illegal and thus have no valid insurance nor MOT.

Hopefully the Entry/Exit system will soon be introduced by the EU and start to put a stop to all this.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Brexit trade treaty ‘could be terminated’ if UK quits ECHR over small boat crossings

Legal experts say Brussels has right to take retaliatory action, making cross-border law enforcement harder

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...olice-and-security-agreement-if-uk-quits-echr
"They won't scrap it, that's just project fear. Besides it's more important to stop all these forin illegulls coming over here and turning Britain into sumfink bad" or some other mouth dribbling shite.

Fluctuation0161

"They won't scrap it, that's just project fear. Besides it's more important to stop all these forin illegulls coming over here and turning Britain into sumfink bad" or some other mouth dribbling shite.
I'm not happy with the forin seagulls comin over either. And other migrating birds. They could easily stop over in other warm countries on their way to the highly desirable, much sought after and warmest in the World (beating) UK nesting sites.

dogrob

Just Watching The Wheels Go Round And Round
People like you wouldn't have problems because you abided by the rules and registered with the local authorties.

This guy's expat illegal immigrant friend probably never registered with the Spanish authorities because they don't think Brexit applies to them. There are plenty here in France. You can spot them in their UK registered cars, which have been here for years. The cars are illegal and thus have no valid insurance nor MOT.

Hopefully the Entry/Exit system will soon be introduced by the EU and start to put a stop to all this.
I have never understood this at all in the slightest all I had to pay for my Residency Permit was 37€ okay when I renew my passport I will need a new permit but have never once or duirng the process had problems. You see a lot in the UK papers about this poor Brits are being forced out of Spain or another country because they havent followed the rules and think that they are above the law.

Once i settled here registerd my self first for a couple of years then no time limit, same with driving licence etc. etc.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I have never understood this at all in the slightest all I had to pay for my Residency Permit was 37€ okay when I renew my passport I will need a new permit but have never once or duirng the process had problems. You see a lot in the UK papers about this poor Brits are being forced out of Spain or another country because they havent followed the rules and think that they are above the law.

Once i settled here registerd my self first for a couple of years then no time limit, same with driving licence etc. etc.
But I am sure that they are not only brits that are forced to leave EU countries. They are europeans that needs to leave UK for the same reason. So I don't know why there is that double standards with this cnuts crying because they are deported. I am sure they cheer when a spaniard is kicked out of UK because it has not the papers in order. Probably because he is not an expat but an illegal immigrant

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
What is the point of Rishi Sunak going to France tomorrow (Friday) for a 'summit' when on Thursday evening it was revealed that France are not happy, won't play ball and will at the very least try to extract more money from the UK for help with the migration issue.

I am not commenting so much on the migration issue, it's the way briefings and leaks have invaded politics in the modern era that is intolerable.

Balljy

What is the point of Rishi Sunak going to France tomorrow (Friday) for a 'summit' when on Thursday evening it was revealed that France are not happy, won't play ball and will at the very least try to extract more money from the UK for help with the migration issue.

I am not commenting so much on the migration issue, it's the way briefings and leaks have invaded politics in the modern era that is intolerable.
Surely that's the job of a politician to talk to other countries when there's issues? The fact it's a stupid policy which no decent country would accept has nothing to do with whether he should go or not.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Surely that's the job of a politician to talk to other countries when there's issues? The fact it's a stupid policy which no decent country would accept has nothing to do with whether he should go or not.
You misunderstand me. I agree with what you say, it is "....the job of a politician to talk to other countries when there's issues", my issue is that tonight it has been reported that the French have responded to Rishi's meeting and dealings regarding the migration issue before the meeting has even taken place. We get this all the time these days, briefings I think it called (or sometimes 'leaks') and I just don't get it. We have had 24 hour news channels since the 80s (CNN) so let Rishi and Macron meet and then report the result, why tell us it before he has even got onto the Eurostar?

Balljy

You misunderstand me. I agree with what you say, it is "....the job of a politician to talk to other countries when there's issues", my issue is that tonight it has been reported that the French have responded to Rishi's meeting and dealings regarding the migration issue before the meeting has even taken place. We get this all the time these days, briefings I think it called (or sometimes 'leaks') and I just don't get it. We have had 24 hour news channels since the early 90s (CNN) so let Rishi and Macron meet and then report the result, why tell us it before he has even got onto the Eurostar?
Yeah, I see what you're saying but if the reports are true, it's just a way of starting the conversation before Rishi gets there. This sets the agenda from a French position and the UK have already "leaked" their position so the French have a right to do the same.

From what you're saying the right way to handle this would be for the UK government to discuss their plans with affected governments before announcing (which I'd agree with, but that's not the way the Tories work)

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
The right way would be for Rishi and Macron to meet and then on Saturday (or Sunday) tell us what they discussed and possibly agreed. Have the UK already 'leaked' their poistion, I haven't seen that.

Balljy

The right way would be for Rishi and Macron to meet and then on Saturday (or Sunday) tell us what they discussed and possibly agreed. Have the UK already 'leaked' their poistion, I haven't seen that.
They've announced the policy, so yes they have.

Balljy

Have they? please can I have a link.
Are we talking about the Tories and our discussions about migration after the "stop the boats" policy announcement? If so, that would potentially have a huge impact on the French and our relations with them.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
What? Can't be the case, can it? The Chinese do not understand anything about the benefits of Brexit.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
There is an interview to an EU Italian aide in Brussels today confirming, among other things about Italy, debt and migrants policies, that there is an informal written plan/scenario for the UK re-entry before the end of this decade (no further details provided, just the info Brexit is seen as temporary on this side of the Channel).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
There is an interview to an EU Italian aide in Brussels today confirming, among other things about Italy, debt and migrants policies, that there is an informal written plan/scenario for the UK re-entry before the end of this decade (no further details provided, just the info Brexit is seen as temporary on this side of the Channel).
ITK